CFL Week 2 Other Games - CGY at MTL / BC at OTT / TOR at SSK

Riders......0-2....looks good on them...Apparently the delusional bastages think they have a winner in Glenn although they lost...lol Was a familiar refrain around here for a very long time till the rubber hit the road.. He's a great back-up posing as a no 1..He'll take you to the 'promised land' and then pull the rug...The pick six was so Glenn...I hope the riders continue to pin all of their hopes on the drifter...That will ensure a last place spot in the west....

Glenn was NOT why they lost. He was absolutely outstanding yesterday having the best performance of any QB so far this season with almost 500 yards. Also, that interception was on Taj Smith. Instead of actually running towards the ball, he basically stood there.

One of the main reason we lost was defence. Couldn't make a tackle to save their lives and allowed too many big plays. Considering just how close the game was, less big plays may have given us the win.

Glenn will be a great leader for us going forward. If we don't finish well this year, it will be because of defence, not quarterbacking, and this would have been a problem even if Durant hadn't gotten injured.

That performance was not even close to the best performance of the year by a QB.

Drew Willy and Trevor Harris both played far better in Week 1 and I would argue Trevor Harris played better than Glenn did yesterday as well, you could even argue Cato did against Calgary as well.

Riders......0-2....looks good on them...Apparently the delusional bastages think they have a winner in Glenn although they lost...lol Was a familiar refrain around here for a very long time till the rubber hit the road.. He's a great back-up posing as a no 1..He'll take you to the 'promised land' and then pull the rug...The pick six was so Glenn...I hope the riders continue to pin all of their hopes on the drifter...That will ensure a last place spot in the west....

Glenn was NOT why they lost. He was absolutely outstanding yesterday having the best performance of any QB so far this season with almost 500 yards. Also, that interception was on Taj Smith. Instead of actually running towards the ball, he basically stood there.

One of the main reason we lost was defence. Couldn't make a tackle to save their lives and allowed too many big plays. Considering just how close the game was, less big plays may have given us the win.

Glenn will be a great leader for us going forward. If we don't finish well this year, it will be because of defence, not quarterbacking, and this would have been a problem even if Durant hadn't gotten injured.

You're barking up the wrong tree with that stuff about Glenn. That story seems to follow him around. Great stats, horribly timed pick 6, but never his fault for the loss. And while that may be true, it's his MO. Good luck though.

Also, that interception was on Taj Smith. Instead of actually running towards the ball, he basically stood there.

If the pass was to the other side of the receiver, the sideline shoulder, it wouldn't have been intercepted. At worst, the defender would have been out of bounds if he managed to pick it off, or easily pushed out.

That story seems to follow him around

The tv guys love Glenn.  Maybe that's part of it.

Rider fans seem to sincerely think that   (    fill in name here   ) , their current starting quarterback, is the greatest ever.

Best game of the year so far. Back and forth all night long. Ray vs Durant wouldn't have produced a better game. Pity either team had to lose this one. Is 450-500 yards of offense the new normal with the new rules?

Calling it the new normal might be a bit of a stretch. 4 out of 16 teams have gone over 450 so far this season (Riders twice, Bombers and Argos once). Another 4 failed to even hit 300 yards total offence in their games. The other 8 all fell between 300-450.

Glenn is money until he gets hit.. For a backup qb he is as good as Saskatchewan could possibly have.

That defense is what should worry the green fans... The fact that they fold despite Glenn being able to out up long drives is not a good sign.

But but but...wasn't it all Richie Hall's fault. wasn't it?

The problem with Glenn is that he can put up all the statistics in the world, look like an all-star .. but fail to deliver in the clutch.  

Throws three TDs after the INT and fails to perform in the clutch.  Interesting....

The defense failed to perform in the clutch.

How many high pressure games has he won?  How many championship rings has he earned?  

All the stats in the world .. but can't come through when the chips are down.

The problem with Glenn is that he can put up all the statistics in the world, look like an all-star .. but fail to deliver in the clutch.  

Throws three TDs after the INT and fails to perform in the clutch.  Interesting....

How many high pressure games has he won?  How many championship rings has he earned?  

Depends what you mean by high pressure.  He was won 5 playoff games and I remember him beating the Bombers in the final game of the 2009 season that secured 2nd spot in the East for Hamilton and eliminated Winnipeg from the playoffs.

He has the same number of championship rings as Dieter Brock, Milt Stegall, Juron Bolden and Charles Roberts (who played a big role in the Bombers losing the 2006 East Semi-final and 2007 Grey Cup by the way).

Glenn came through this weekend with 3 Tds after the INT.  The defense did not come through when the chips were down.

Honestly it's funny when I read any gameday threads with Kevin Glenn playing for team x over the last several years.  Regardless of when he throws an INT - first, second, third or fourth quarter - he somehow fails to perform in the clutch and cost his team the game.  When most other QBs throw an INT it is glossed over.  Newsflash:  Glenn has won games in which he has thrown an INT.  I know it's hard to believe but he has.

Depends what you mean by high pressure.  He was one 5 playoff games and I remember him beating the Bombers in the final game of the 2009 season that secured 2nd spot in the East for Hamilton and eliminated Winnipeg from the playoffs.

He has the same number of championship rings as Dieter Brock, Milt Stegall, Juron Bolden and Charles Roberts (who played a big role in the Bombers losing the 2006 East Semi-final and 2007 Grey Cup by the way).

Glenn came through this weekend with 3 Tds after the INT.  The defense did not come through when the chips were down.

Honestly it's funny when I read any gameday threads with Kevin Glenn playing for team x over the last several years.  Regardless of when he throws an INT - first, second, third or fourth quarter - he somehow fails to perform in the clutch and cost his team the game.  When most other QBs throw an INT it is glossed over.  Newsflash:  Glenn has won games in which he has thrown an INT.  I know it's hard to believe but he has.

But never, it seems, the ones that matter most.

Depends what you mean by high pressure.  He was one 5 playoff games and I remember him beating the Bombers in the final game of the 2009 season that secured 2nd spot in the East for Hamilton and eliminated Winnipeg from the playoffs.

But never, it seems, the ones that matter most.

I just said he won 5 playoff games.  Are you saying those don't matter most?

Youre likely barking up the wrong tree. Glenn's career is what it is. Puts up ok-to great numbers. No one is saying otherwise, he plays well, throws horribly timed picks and literally every team in the cfl including a brand new team that went With an older qb sees him as a back-up. A good back up. But a backup....there's a reason for that. Say what you want about all his nice stats but the guy doesn't do it when it counts. And you can compare him to other players in other positions but the fact remains the qb has the ball way more than anyone else and they get the blunt of the blame whether deserved or not. and when the game is on the line, I'd rather have 8 other qbs behind centre then Glenn. And it seems so would every single team in the cfl.

I wonder how Glenn would have been viewed if he hadn't got his arm broken in 2007 and had won that Grey Cup... No one talks as much **** about Burris as they do Glenn and Burris is every bit the fair weather qb Glenn is. Terrible in the cold weather and pressure situations but he fluked out that one Cup win and no one questions him. 

I wonder how Glenn would have been viewed if he hadn't got his arm broken in 2007 and had won that Grey Cup... No one talks as much **** about Burris as they do Glenn and Burris is every bit the fair weather qb Glenn is. Terrible in the cold weather and pressure situations but he fluked out that one Cup win and no one questions him. 

People question Burris plenty .. there's a reason why there's a "Bad Hank"

Knowing Kevin Glenn, I have absolutely no faith that we actually win in 2007 with him at the helm.

Knowing Kevin Glenn, I have absolutely no faith that we actually win in 2007 with him at the helm.

Revisionist history. I remember the 2007 season clearly, and if Glenn doesn't have his arm broken, we kill the Riders with our defense alone. Hell, they came within 4 points of winning the damn thing with Dinwiddie, and that included an "interception" that actually skipped off  the turf and wasn't overturned because no replay yet...

Revisionist history. I remember the 2007 season clearly, and if Glenn doesn't have his arm broken, we kill the Riders with our defense alone. Hell, they came within 4 points of winning the damn thing with Dinwiddie, and that included an "interception" that actually skipped off  the turf and wasn't overturned because no replay yet...

Could have .. should have .. would have .. doesn't matter.   "Close" only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades.

Could have .. should have .. would have .. doesn't matter.   "Close" only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades.

I believe the point is "close with our backup qb making his first ever start when he had 4 turnovers on rookie mistakes"  Obviously they didn't win, but they were missing a pretty significant piece in that game

[/quote

And nuclear warfare.

I thought so too until I watched the 2012 Grey Cup.

I believe the point is "close with our backup qb making his first ever start when he had 4 turnovers on rookie mistakes"  Obviously they didn't win, but they were missing a pretty significant piece in that game

I think I still lay awake at night every now and then thinking about the 2001 and 2007 Grey Cups...