[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch And Fine Discussion

Willy looked fine last night.

Hung in the pocket to make a couple of throws, extended a few plays with his legs .. though at times it looked like he didn't feel the back side pressure all that well. Also thought the Als defensive line did a helluva job getting their hands up in passing lanes when they couldn't get more direct pressure on Willy. At least three pass knock downs at the line of scrimmage last night.

Steady but unspectacular game from Willy against a very solid defence .. especially after all the questions surrounding his health and readiness.

Willy looked ok on the stats and we did win the game, but without the "gimme" TD our offence would have lost us the game.

No an offense losing the game is when a qb tosses a couple dumb ints like Cato did. The offense was fine, the Montreal D is good. Now the Bombers D on the other hand, that damn near lost them the game if not for a pick 6 and the blocked kick TD. 

Willy looked ok on the stats and we did win the game, but without the "gimme" TD our offence would have lost us the game.

No an offense losing the game is when a qb tosses a couple dumb ints like Cato did. The offense was fine, the Montreal D is good. Now the Bombers D on the other hand, that damn near lost them the game if not for a pick 6 and the blocked kick TD.

I didn't think that Bellefeuille called the best game last night and his game planning (from week to week) is inconsistent at best but I will say that the offense didn't do anything to lose us the game. They took what was given to them and didn't back down when things got physical .. guys responded when they got "punched in the mouth" so to speak.

That's exactly it. The turnover battle in the CFL is so key and the Bombers avoided the turnovers so the offense might not have out and out won the game, but they avoided losing the game and the turnovers by the Als won the game for the Bombers in the end.  Pretty text book way to do it. Protect the ball on O, generate turnovers on D and special teams = win the game. 

Can't remember who said it on tsn. Miller or Matty D but apparently an Alouettes player was diagnosed with a concussion last week and still played last night. Willy wasn't diagnosed with a concussion and played last night yet all the talk all week was about willy and not the als player who actually did have a concussion. Kind of interesting how things work like that. Is it cuz QB vs non QB? If so that's an odd way of looking at things

Alaine Michael Cashe I believe...

So, we had this discussion on the golf course the other day, is Robert Marve the end game?

Are Willy and Brohm just the punching bags until the Bombers finally put together an o-line that can pass protect. And is that the reason we are not seeing more of him right now?

So, we had this discussion on the golf course the other day, is Robert Marve the end game?

Are Willy and Brohm just the punching bags until the Bombers finally put together an o-line that can pass protect. And is that the reason we are not seeing more of him right now?

I like to drink during a round too...

twisted teas are delicious but they really sneak up on you

I didn't think that Bellefeuille called the best game last night and his game planning (from week to week) is inconsistent at best but I will say that the offense didn't do anything to lose us the game. They took what was given to them and didn't back down when things got physical .. guys responded when they got "punched in the mouth" so to speak.

The offense still has a long way to go.  To me, it's not going to be able to play consistently like they did in Regina until that interior OL gets fixed.  How many times did Cotton have to fight through contact just to get back to the LOS?  That's ridiculous.  We know what guys like Willy and Cotton can do when that interior OL plays well, but when they struggle plays are over before they even really begin.

It's nice to win games, but clearly not sustainable at 400+ yards against and an offense that can't protect/control the inside gaps.  Hopefully we're one of the teams that gets better this year instead of falling off the map after Labour Day.

The offense still has a long way to go.  To me, it's not going to be able to play consistently like they did in Regina until that interior OL gets fixed.  How many times did Cotton have to fight through contact just to get back to the LOS?  That's ridiculous.  We know what guys like Willy and Cotton can do when that interior OL plays well, but when they struggle plays are over before they even really begin.

It's nice to win games, but clearly not sustainable at 400+ yards against and an offense that can't protect/control the inside gaps.  Hopefully we're one of the teams that gets better this year instead of falling off the map after Labour Day.

Noeller and I have talked about this a lot, when was the last time this team had a better fall than they did summer? Too often it's been a better summer and then falling apart at the end of the season. Would kill to see the team be one of the hottest teams in the league down the stretch for a change. 

Noeller and I have talked about this a lot, when was the last time this team had a better fall than they did summer? Too often it's been a better summer and then falling apart at the end of the season. Would kill to see the team be one of the hottest teams in the league down the stretch for a change.

Probably 1990.

I was watching the 1990 Grey Cup on ESPN classic last night and Ron and Don (Lancaster and Wittman) kept going on about how the Bombers started the season just plain awful that year and then steadily improved and gelled as a team. It would be nice if we could do that again this year. Of course, it helps when your LB corp is made up of Greg Battle, James West, and Tyrone Jones. And you are able to roll with five NI's on the O-line. Man Nick Benjamin was amazing back then. Giant OL, yet routinely he would be the first one down the field on punt returns making the tackle on the returner. I am sure punt coverage schemes have changed since then, but still amazing to me how often a 280 lb lineman was first on the punt returner so often.

twisted teas are delicious but they really sneak up on you

Golf does qualify everything.

2008 and 2009.