[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch And Fine Discussion

Yuk it up boys.  The Bombers and their medical staff are completely above board.  They've have never brought a franchise player back too soon from injury, especially a head shot. There's not a snowball's hope in hell that they'd ever do that.  BTW: Buck says hello.

What happened to Buck?  When did they bring him back too soon, and what was the result? 

From the Wpg FP:

"...Willy was examined at Investors Group Field immediately after the hit by team physician Dr. Peter MacDonald.

MacDonald is regarded as one of the premier experts in sports medicine in Western Canada and is also the head physician for the Winnipeg Jets. He is a professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He is also the chief research and innovations officer at the Pan Am Clinic.

MacDonald was joined by at least two other doctors and longtime Bombers trainer Al Couture in treating Willy and then supervising his return to the field this week..."

I'm just gonna go ahead and trust this guy, if that's all right...

you sure? He seems to be lacking the "imma post dis on the interwebs and stir crap up" method of doctoring. Thats what the fanbase here seems to wanna trust more.. tho you have always been a bit of a renegade..

;)

Yuk it up boys. The Bombers and their medical staff are completely above board. They've have never brought a franchise player back too soon from injury, especially a head shot. There's not a snowball's hope in hell that they'd ever do that. BTW: Buck says hello.

did buck retire due to headshots or nagging shoulder injury? Also.. the entire roster from the last 3 seasons who never have had to quit the league due to concussions or having one from rushing them back to the field says wuddup.

OK guys the head cheerleader has spoken so I guess we can put this issue to rest.

Those of us concerned about Willy's health are evil, dastardly people out to destroy the Bombers and football in general.  Shame on us.

It's always gotta be a black and white issue, eh? Always about the polar extremes...

The reason there are so many arguments around here is same folks just want to rehash the old ones over and over and over again. For example: The Bombers didn't stick to the last second for the second round of cuts. They announced at the same time as everyone else. [sarcasm Font On]I was expecting the fanboys who knew that there was only one right way to announce cuts... at the last second, to start complaining that the Bombers didn't know what they were doing that they needed to take all the time that was available to make the right, not the quick choices. That they couldn't possibly know who to cut unless they argued about it until the last possible second. That they may not be able to get hold of the players they needed to cut before the morning after the cuts. That anything else was stupid and illogical and everyone who thought differently than the fanboys was equally stupid and illogical. [\End Sarcasm Font]

Bearpants... What you're missing is that the coaches, doctors, the players themselves and the concussion protocol are not infallible, The Bombers coaches, doctors and players have been wrong the recent past in similar circumstances when it comes to Buck. The possible outcome of being wrong is losing our best and maybe only chance of a winning season in Drew Willy for a longer period of time than 1 game.

how were they wrong in the recent past with buck? Is he drooling on himself? Slow to answer questions or respond to his name? no?? wait, hes a coach now!? I thought we broke him! oh.. he played in BC after us as well? Get outta town.. i thought we horrifically ruined his career by forcing him back to the playing field early...

That or your so completely clued out about everything and simply MUST buck whatever popular opinion is current even if the best sports medicine doctor who treats (and holds out million dollar and up players for the jets) is telling you your wrong..

I know what im believing in these cases..

OK guys the head cheerleader has spoken so I guess we can put this issue to rest.

Those of us concerned about Willy's health are evil, dastardly people out to destroy the Bombers and football in general. Shame on us.

yes actually. shame on you for calling everyone liars. it pretty crummy of you.

Those of us concerned about Willy's health are evil, dastardly people out to destroy the Bombers and football in general.  Shame on us.

It's always gotta be a black and white issue, eh? Always about the polar extremes...

Don't forget the persecution complex

You're the one with the black and white avatar.

Those of us concerned about Willy's health are evil, dastardly people out to destroy the Bombers and football in general. Shame on us.

yes actually. shame on you for calling everyone liars. it pretty crummy of yoy.

I didn't call anyone a liar, not even once.

You're the one with the black and white avatar.

yes actually. shame on you for calling everyone liars. it pretty crummy of yoy.

I didn't call anyone a liar, not even once.

Im far too lazy to cut and paste on my phone but when you imply willy, bombers, management and doctors are all being dishonest about being knocked out, well enough to play or their doagnosis... what do YOU call it?

You'd be hard pressed to find one poster who isn't worried about our franchise QB's health.

This is strictly an argument between what a few people believe did happen vs a few people believe didn't happen.

It's completely possible there is a misdiagnosis based on zero symptoms. 

It is also possible to be unconscious without a concussion.

What we have here is a forum full of football fans and not one of them are doctors (Despite what DR CFL says)

Is no one considering the fact that Willy could be super-human and immune to concussions? It's a very probable scenario in my view as an expert internet Doctor.

he did list "Planet Krypton" as his place of birth.

Perhaps he is a Klingon warrior.  They head butt each other all the time without getting concussions.

I think brain injuries should be left to the professionals. That's my opinion, based upon my years of not studying the brain in school, my lack of a medical diploma with a neurological specialty, and the fact I ain't stupid enough to think I know more than someone who has studied and practiced this longer than some posters in here have been alive. I know it's a radical position ...

macro10.gif

how were they wrong in the recent past with buck? Is he drooling on himself? Slow to answer questions or respond to his name? no?? wait, hes a coach now!? I thought we broke him! oh.. he played in BC after us as well? Get outta town.. i thought we horrifically ruined his career by forcing him back to the playing field early...

That or your so completely clued out about everything and simply MUST buck whatever popular opinion is current even if the best sports medicine doctor who treats (and holds out million dollar and up players for the jets) is telling you your wrong..

Drooling on himself is your definition of too many concussions?  Thanks Dr. Spuds.  Great work there.  I don't know how this forum would function without your insight but I'd kinda like to find out.  Yup... I think they brought Buck back too early too many times and he was never the same again.  

I know what you're believing in every case.... whatever the Bombers say.  Nope... I don't believe in the infallibility of concussion protocol, doctors, coaches, or players, but I hope they've got it right this time.  

Drooling on himself is your definition of too many concussions?  Thanks Dr. Spuds.  Great work there.  I don't know how this forum would function without your insight but I'd kinda like to find out.  Yup... I think they brought Buck back too early too many times and he was never the same again.

I know what you're believing in every case.... whatever the Bombers say.  Nope... I don't believe in the infallibility of concussion protocol, doctors, coaches, or players, but I hope they've got it right this time.  

Again I'll ask, how so?  This is a serious question.

How many times did Buck even have a concussion with the Bombers? He had multiple different injuries.

A couple years ago I read an article saying that Buck had suffered over 10 concussions throughout his career.

Over 10?  That seems highly unlikely.

How many times did Buck even have a concussion with the Bombers? He had multiple different injuries.

A couple years ago I read an article saying that Buck had suffered over 10 concussions throughout his career.

Over 10? That seems highly unlikely.

Over his entire football career, yes.

You'll need to provide a source to make a claim like that.  

I read it like 2-3 years ago. Doubt I'll be able to find it. It's cool if you don't wanna believe it though.

I read it like 2-3 years ago. Doubt I'll be able to find it. It's cool if you don't wanna believe it though.

Check the Paul Friesen archives, he's the one that's always pushing conccusion LOL