[MERGED] Drew Willy Watch And Fine Discussion

From the Wpg FP:

"...Willy was examined at Investors Group Field immediately after the hit by team physician Dr. Peter MacDonald.

MacDonald is regarded as one of the premier experts in sports medicine in Western Canada and is also the head physician for the Winnipeg Jets. He is a professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He is also the chief research and innovations officer at the Pan Am Clinic.

MacDonald was joined by at least two other doctors and longtime Bombers trainer Al Couture in treating Willy and then supervising his return to the field this week..."

I'm just gonna go ahead and trust this guy, if that's all right...

I honestly can't believe people are still arguing against the doctors. lol.

Starting today I will be opening a brand new medical practise.

No examinations necessary, I will provide you with your diagnosis based on intuition and preconceived bias.

Super inexpensive too, as there is almost no overhead involved, what with having no medical equipment.  Or training.  Just a keyboard and the power of being an internet warrior.  Huzzah!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a guy working in a warehouse 3 blocks away that I've never met before.  I need to go tell him he has Lupus.

Just the weirdest thing, I went there and told this guy I'd never spoken to before that he had Lupus, turns out he just recently took all the latest testing available for Lupus and was told by "qualified" doctors that he did not have Lupus.

Clearly there is a conspiracy of lies happening.

I know what I know.  He obviously has Lupus.  Something about selling bridges.

Yuk it up boys.  The Bombers and their medical staff are completely above board.  They've have never brought a franchise player back too soon from injury, especially a head shot. There's not a snowball's hope in hell that they'd ever do that.  BTW: Buck says hello.

Yuk it up boys.  The Bombers and their medical staff are completely above board.  They've have never brought a franchise player back too soon from injury, especially a head shot. There's not a snowball's hope in hell that they'd ever do that.  BTW: Buck says hello.

Good morning TB....coming to you from post #290.

What, no comment?

From the Wpg FP:

"...Willy was examined at Investors Group Field immediately after the hit by team physician Dr. Peter MacDonald.

MacDonald is regarded as one of the premier experts in sports medicine in Western Canada and is also the head physician for the Winnipeg Jets. He is a professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He is also the chief research and innovations officer at the Pan Am Clinic.

MacDonald was joined by at least two other doctors and longtime Bombers trainer Al Couture in treating Willy and then supervising his return to the field this week..."

Good to know, MacDonald is probably on contract and not an actual employee of the club.

Question the doctor TBurg, maybe he has a contact info somewhere. Questioning the decision of the doctor is like questioning his 'integrity', dont you think?

BTW, Mark Chipman is paying that doctor big $$$ to entrust the health of his multi-million Jets players.

From the Wpg FP:

That doctor has a reputation to protect and will not clear a player (Willy) just because the Bombers brass want him to.

From the Wpg FP:

Good to know, MacDonald is probably on contract and not an actual employee of the club.

Whether on contract or an employee of the club is completely irrelevant. He has a little thing called a medical license and practice that he must protect in any eventuality. One would have to be wearing a tin-foil hat to think that a doctor of this stature would jeopardize his entire career for the sake of the pittance the Bombers are paying him to attend games.

What, no comment?

Still won't let it go eh? Keeping a player out doesn't equal keeping a player out who's close for his protection.

Of course, a player can be brought back too soon from injury. Doctor's don't always get it right 100% of the time. Doesn't make it a conspiracy, or that they rushed. A doctor goes with the information they have and make the best possible determination with that information. In Buck's case it may have been too early. In the vast majority they got it right.

From the Wpg FP:

He was my surgeon and performed 3 procedures on me, and if him, as well as the others cleared Drew and determined that he didn't sustain any trauma whatsoever, then I am totally fine with that. 

Of course, a player can be brought back too soon from injury. Doctor's don't always get it right 100% of the time. Doesn't make it a conspiracy, or that they rushed. A doctor goes with the information they have and make the best possible determination with that information. In Buck's case it may have been too early. In the vast majority they got it right.

Who said it was a conspiracy?  Not me.  I was responding to the fanboys who are pretending that everyone thinks they are Dr's then making fun of that.

I hope they got it right in Willy's case because if they didn't, we could lose our franchise QB again. 

Yuk it up boys. The Bombers and their medical staff are completely above board. They've have never brought a franchise player back too soon from injury, especially a head shot. There's not a snowball's hope in hell that they'd ever do that. BTW: Buck says hello.

What, no comment?

Still won't let it go eh? Keeping a player out doesn't equal keeping a player out who's close for his protection.

I was responding to the fanboys who are pretending that everyone thinks they are Dr's then making fun of that.

I saw one guy doing that. And he was extremely funny doing it. Try dumping the eeyore routine once in awhile and try laughing at situations instead of crapping on others who do. You might live longer.

Sequence of events...

1. Willy gets hit

2. leaves the game with suspected concussion

3. goes through concussion protocol... passes all tests

4. is examined by team of doctors... including the aforementioned Dr MacDonald

5. Rests the weekend... no symptoms occur

6. practices for 3 days... no symptoms occur

7. Has now had 7 days off since the hit... with no symptoms

8. Starts game tomorrow night

Am I missing the reason why he shouldn't be playing??

Sequence of events...

1. Willy gets hit

Yeah, he shouldn't be playing because some here want to argue for the sake of arguing. Kind of like complaining because the Bombers wait until the actual cut-down deadline to announce their cuts.

Sequence of events...

1. Willy gets hit

Because I know more about concussions than doctors and I saw him get hit! He's one hit away from being a vegetable for life!!11!!!!

The reason there are so many arguments around here is same folks just want to rehash the old ones over and over and over again.  For example: The Bombers didn't stick to the last second for the second round of cuts. They announced at the same time as everyone else.  [sarcasm Font On]I was expecting the fanboys who knew that there was only one right way to announce cuts... at the last second, to start complaining that the Bombers didn't know what they were doing that they needed to take all the time that was available to make the right, not the quick choices. That they couldn't possibly know who to cut unless they argued about it until the last possible second. That they may not be able to get hold of the players they needed to cut before the morning after the cuts. That anything else was stupid and illogical and everyone who thought differently than the fanboys was equally stupid and illogical. [\End Sarcasm Font]

Bearpants... What you're missing is that the coaches, doctors, the players themselves and the concussion protocol are not infallible,  The Bombers coaches, doctors and players have been wrong the recent past in similar circumstances when it comes to Buck.  The possible outcome of being wrong is losing our best and maybe only chance of a winning season in Drew Willy for a longer period of time than 1 game.

The reason there are so many arguments around here is same folks just want to rehash the old ones over and over and over again.  For example: The Bombers didn't stick to the last second for the second round of cuts. They announced at the same time as everyone else.  [sarcasm Font On]I was expecting the fanboys who knew that there was only one right way to announce cuts... at the last second, to start complaining that the Bombers didn't know what they were doing that they needed to take all the time that was available to make the right, not the quick choices. That they couldn't possibly know who to cut unless they argued about it until the last possible second. That they may not be able to get hold of the players they needed to cut before the morning after the cuts. That anything else was stupid and illogical and everyone who thought differently than the fanboys was equally stupid and illogical. [\End Sarcasm Font]

Bearpants... What you're missing is that the coaches, doctors, the players themselves and the concussion protocol are not infallible,  The Bombers coaches, doctors and players have been wrong the recent past in similar circumstances when it comes to Buck.  The possible outcome of being wrong is losing our best and maybe only chance of a winning season in Drew Willy for a longer period of time than 1 game.

failgif7.gif