TC Report - Day Five

Thanks for all the reports.

I think I'd rather see Randle play SAM, Allen or Bass at MLB and a combo of Newman/Hurl/Waggoner at WIL from reports.

I don't see the allure of moving Randle to 'backer/dime. He was consistently good last season on the corner, someone we could really trust out there. I'd much rather trust Randle and Bucknor (or Adams considering the ratio) out there, then Adams + Bucknor as the duo. I think our defensive line is going to be really good this year. I think Waggoner and Hurl at WIL and MLB could be good enough there.

I guess it depends where you want to play the newbies. Personally, even if Adams looks good, I don't want a new guy plus Bucknor. That seems dangerous. I'm more willing to gamble on the Waggoner and Hurl as the new guys inside, but again, just personal preference on the gamble.

Wow sounds like Waggoner is the real deal! Good job getting him Kyle!

Keep in mind I've only watched a couple practices.

Having Randle at SAM will give him a chance to make more plays. He was not thrown at much on the short side corner.

A large part of that was because he did his job so well. And because teams want to attack Bucknor more.

True but are you only going to throw 3-4 balls to your inside slot guys. That's a place where they will force a throw or two and Randle has the ball skills to make some plays there.

It is strange that people are excited for Tuinei( I'll be honest I see him getting cut, but we shall see ) , and Adams, who have had shots in this league and done nothing, but Hurl is a done deal stretch of a starter.

Strange that anyone has any opinion really I guess.

Well why does Tuinei getting love resonate as fact, but Hurl getting love is posturing to defend a salary?

I could easily play the card that if a guy the size of Tuinei with the college pedigree he possesses was legit, he would be on an NFL roster. Nobody bats an eye at him getting positive reviews at camp.

It is strange that people are excited for Tuinei( I'll be honest I see him getting cut, but we shall see ) , and Adams, who have had shots in this league and done nothing, but Hurl is a done deal stretch of a starter.

Well why does Tuinei getting love resonate as fact, but Hurl getting love is posturing to defend a salary?

I could easily play the card that if a guy the size of Tuinei with the college pedigree he possesses was legit, he would be on an NFL roster. Nobody bats an eye at him getting positive reviews at camp.

It's because Hurl has a last name that reminds people of vomit.

It's because Hurl has a last name that reminds people of vomit.

Every time I saw Hurl wearing that horrifically ugly Rider "signature" jersey, I thought it captured the moment perfectly.

Hesitant at first, O'Shea answers "I'm very impressed wth Sam Hurl right now...has surpassed his expectations...

Did Lawless inform MOS that Tburg disagrees with this assessment?

No need. Burg knows coach is lying thru his teeth to protect someone's ego or something somethin.. He couldn't be honestly expressing how he feels about a canadian MLB exceeding expectations.. Cuz. I mean, he wouldn't know anything about a canadian at MLB... Could he?

There will be no more low-scoring defensive battles. It's like 7-7 aerial. Scores will be 99-86 for the Bombers. QBs were throwing completions today they often failed to execute last year. That's because the defenders were hamstrung. All the receiver needs is one step on the defender and its over. There will be lots of short yardage dives from the 1 yard line after illegal contact calls, I'd expect, and much high-fivin' in the stands. The game is going to change. Big time. Not saying is better or worse. But it'll be different.

Did anyone see the Lirim interview? Someone from the media asked him what his thoughts are on his "new" ST Coordinator? Lirim looks at him with a confused look and says "Pat Tracy? He was here last year". The media guy then blames his incompetence on the fact that media aren't allowed to talk to Coordinators.

Our media is embarrassing. Holy hell.

I'm comfortable putting a twenty down it was Weicek.

I couldn't see who asked the question, but it sounded like Bauming, which would surprise me because he's usually on the ball. But could have been someone else too.

Sonofa...great.  Well June's as good a month as any to ration diapers.  Let the baby dookie on the lawn.

I watched the interview. The question comes at around the 4 minute mark. Talk about stupid. And trying to cover it with the whole excuse that they aren't allowed to talk to co-ordinators. Just pathetic. Shame on whoever that clown is.

If he's going to try and flip blame for his screw-up on the Bombers, why not make a crack that he's not used to having learn the names of more than 7 coaches.

Did anyone see the Lirim interview? Someone from the media asked him what his thoughts are on his "new" ST Coordinator? Lirim looks at him with a confused look and says "Pat Tracy? He was here last year". The media guy then blames his incompetence on the fact that media aren't allowed to talk to Coordinators.

Our media is embarrassing. Holy hell.
I'm comfortable putting a twenty down it was Weicek.
I couldn't see who asked the question, but it sounded like Bauming, which would surprise me because he's usually on the ball. But could have been someone else too.

Sonofa...great. Well June's as good a month as any to ration diapers. Let the baby dookie on the lawn.

I watched the interview. The question comes at around the 4 minute mark. Talk about stupid. And trying to cover it with the whole excuse that they aren't allowed to talk to co-ordinators. Just pathetic. Shame on whoever that clown is.

If he's going to try and flip blame for his screw-up on the Bombers, why not make a crack that he's not used to having learn the names of more than 7 coaches.

I asked Bauming about it on Twitter and it was him.

I'm playing wait and see with the new rules, artificially making the games high scoring doesn't excite me because I liked the even game of O vs D. They are hoping to replicate the high scoring games of Basketball maybe then it isn't for me. The see part is perhaps the defense will adapt and it won't be as many of us expect

Hey anybody seen a practice sched for after Friday? We were assuming Sat/Sun practice but then remembered travelling to Toronto. Hopefully we'll get more than just tomorrow...

Friday, June 5

Practice: 8:30 a.m. - 12:35 p.m.

Cameras can record practice from 9:00 a.m. - 9:20 a.m. Except for Noeller and 17to85 Still photography of practice can begin at 9:00 a.m.

Players and Head Coach Mike O?Shea will be available following practice on the field.

Saturday, June 6

Practice: 9:00 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.Except for Noeller and 17to85

Cameras can record practice from 9:40a.m. - 9:50 a.m. and 11:10 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Still photography of practice can begin at 9:30 a.m.

Players and Head Coach Mike O'Shea will be available following practice on the field.

Sunday, June 7

Practice: 8:30 a.m. - 12:40 p.m.

Cameras can record practice from 9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. and 11:20 a.m. - 11:25 a.m. Still photography of practice can begin at 9:00 a.m.

Players and Head Coach Mike O'Shea will be available following practice on the field.Except, especially for Noeller and 17to85

I prefer Allen over Hurl too actually...and based from what I have scene is why I feel that way. Also pedigree plays into it, and with reps and learning the Canadian game he can be a Barrin Simpson type in the middle, but with more speed and better cover skillls.

I paid a lot of attention to the linebackers when I was there and Hurl didn't particularly impress me. He is in the bottom tier of linebackers in regards to cover skills (not just Canadian but all LB's)

Waggoner is much better, has the loose hips to be able to turn and run with a receiver easily from either side which is essential up here and is bigger and faster. Takes better angles and has much better closing and recovery speed.

He's a rookie here yes, but he has pro experience and has played in pro style schemes, and is smart and will pick stuff up fast. Our best scenario would be a LB core of Allen or Bass in the middle (whoever wins it outright) with the other guy rotating in..I sure we can DI one as we have done that before.

If Adams steps up and shows he can take over for Randall then you flank the MLB with him and a Waggoner/Hurl/Newman rotation. 

And truth fully i would like to see us start 7 Canadians, though with the ability if we wanted to go with 8. 

3 O-lineman, Westerman, Bucknor/Jones and 2 receivers and an all import LB core.

We would have a lot of in game flexibility this way. Can roster all the best Canadian LB's for teams and rotation and if offence is struggling can throw an additional import receiver or go with a two import RB set and change an Import LB with one of the Canadians who could essentially be starting 

I really hope they start two import RB's for every game, mixes it up, keeps them fresh and increases competition on the field as they try to out perform each other.  The Bombers promised "thunder and lightning" but not sure how that is going to translate into reality at this point.