TC Report - Day Five

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

Free agent signee Darvin Adams continues to make difficult and impressive grabs in #Bombers camp. IMO, the Z receiver spot is his to lose.

I can't see them playing Adams at the Z spot. That must be a mistake.
Yeah I think he mentioned someone playing the SAM as well where it didn't make much sense to me.

Yeah unlike all those other times when someone is on the block and we went to CFL.ca and clicked "Trading Block" and saw their names there.  Gimme a break.. anytime you hear someone is on the block it is based on rumours.  Choose to believe them or not but Penton has shown he has good sources and he doesn't make stuff up.  Maybe teams were inquiring, maybe Walters was inquiring if teams were interested.  We don't know... but if Penton says talks took place, then you can take it to the bank.

Let me simply ask you this ..

Knowing the (lack of) quality non-import depth we have along our offensive line .. question marks surrounding Neufeld's durability and Goosen's (and our rookies) ability to make the jump .. do you sincerely believe that Greaves was going to go anywhere? Or is it more likely that a reporter was looking at a scenario .. maybe heard that a few teams were kicking the tires .. and said reporter was simply connecting the dots and then asking question, "Would this make sense?"

I'll leave you with that.

Do I believe Greaves was going to go anywhere?  Yes I do, if Walters received an offer that blew him away.  Just being "on the block" doesn't mean "OH GOD SOMEONE TAKE THIS PLAYER", it means conversations were taking place.  And I believe they were.  Not my fault that you're so desperate to believe that Walters would never do anything that doesn't directly line up with your thought process.  Funny how Penton's version is based on sources, which he has proven he has, and your version is based on "this is what I think probably happened."

I don't care one way or another if what Kyle does "directly lines up with my thought process".   The organization will make decisions .. make roster moves .. hire and fire people regardless of what I think or feel .. does it bother me? Not one iota.  Why?  I have perspective.  I can also have a convesation without being hyperbolic.  So before you debase, soil yourself or get worked up into a tissy .. I suggest you back off the caffeine and take a deep breath.

All I've suggested is that perhaps you read too much into an article that sourced the "CFL rumor mill".   I might also suggest you re-read that article and you might see the breadcrumbs that Penton is picking up as he comes to his conclusion and poses a question to the readers ..

Do I believe Walter's would listen to an offer if someone called him?  Absolutely.  Do I genuinely believe the team was actively shopping Greaves?  Absolutely not.  Especially when we've so little proven NI depth along the line.  To me, that would be a step backward.  Unless of course you're getting a NI starter in return .. and how many teams in this league are offering to swap starting NI offensive linemen?

Slowly, our starting OL will look like Bryant, Greaves, Picard, Chungh and Daniels

I would be happy with that

Bryant, Greaves, Picard, Chungh, Daniels (I think it will be DIle but whatever) looks a whole lot better to me than January, Greaves, Morley, Neufeld, Tyler. Actually now that I see last year's primary lineup in print it makes me shudder.

Slowly, our starting OL will look like Bryant, Greaves, Picard, Chungh and Daniels

Hoping that Picard / Wiley can get Greaves playing with a bit more of an edge but outside of that, this is probably our offensive line to start the year.

Bryant, Greaves, Picard, Chungh, Daniels (I think it will be DIle but whatever) looks a whole lot better to me than January, Greaves, Morley, Neufeld, Tyler. Actually now that I see last year's primary lineup in print it makes me shudder.

Just like Chungh on the RG, Daniels is pushing himself on the starting RT spot. Dile can't help himself if he is always on the sidelines.

Hoping that Picard / Wiley can get Greaves playing with a bit more of an edge but outside of that, this is probably our offensive line to start the year.

Agree. We need them to be gentle off the field but during games we want them on the 'nasty' mode.

Greaves playing between Bryant and Picard should be a good start. Left guy mean, right guy mean, works for me.

I watched the first game of the year from 2014 again on the weekend, the game where we shellacked the Arblows. The starting right tackle was Dan Knapp. After every play Ejiro Kuale was bouncing around doing his arm flex thing, no matter what happened on the play, so glad that I don't have to see that anymore. There were so many guys playing in that game that are gone now. It's good to see the upgrades.

The injury to Neufeld is really disappointing. The guy can't stay healthy and am not so sure sukh Chungh is ready to start.

Time for the young guns to step up.
Why is Goossen not in the conversation to start at RG? I thought he played well last year and should be ready to take another step forward this year.

The injury to Neufeld is really disappointing. The guy can't stay healthy and am not so sure sukh Chungh is ready to start.

Time for the young guns to step up.
Why is Goossen not in the conversation to start at RG? I thought he played well last year and should be ready to take another step forward this year.

Yeah that's why I said "young guns" - plural.

Says a lot about pre-emptively trading your depth away, especially when you have a guy with questionable injury history.

Truthfully, Greaves was never going anywhere .. that was just a lot of idle speculation by fans ..

Kirk Penton Article ... It never made sense Greaves has been one of our best OL for years, rarely gets beat...

Again, it was idle speculation with nothing backing it .. and as dependable (health wise) as Greaves has been ... let's not overstate how effective he is .. he is (has been) part of the problem with the interior of our line.

Nobody, but nobody, on the O-line looked good last season, so lets cut Greaves some slack for the time being. If he is the weak link this year, then we will fix it.