TC Report - Day Four

CGlMCm9U8AAp-3e.jpg

Stanley Bryant, after pulling out of practice yesterday, is not participating in Day 4 of #Bombers #CFLTC today

News: DE Zach Anderson back in camp for #Bombers. Rec Addison Richards and OL Stanley Bryant are not.

S Maurice Leggett is also sitting out again today, but DL Zach Anderson is back on the field. #bn

#Bombers rookie R Addison Richards is also sitting out practice again today. #bn

O'Shea said he needs a couple more days so no surprise Addison Richards is again not taking part in Day 4 of #Bombers camp.

It would be nice to get some updates on position battles.... how are the contenders pushing Cotton... which Int WRs are standing out.... how's the Chungh vs Goossen vs Greaves vs Neufeld battel... What about RT... any of the new LBs look good...

so much is going on but we're not hearing too much...

With camp being slightly less accessible this year (hey, they did their best), we are having to rely on the media a bit more for daily reports. Pretty sure their day at camp goes like this: Show up, sit in front row, note who isn't practicing, talk about their fishing weekend, camp ends, ask Mike O'Shea when players will be back on the field. Rinse, repeat.

guys, it is day 4, no ex game yet, what do u want them to tell u

i do not like that Addison is sitting out, he could have had his bell rung in rookie camp, and if that is the case, no one will say a word about that

I'm not expecting any definitive statements or anybody to be telling me who is going to make the club at this point, but it'd be nice to know who is working with the first team, who is playing where, etc.

For example ... Stanley Bryant sitting out practice today. Okay.

Who took his spot? Who is lining up with the first team as safety with Leggett sitting? He's only been sitting out pretty much the entirety of camp, but I have yet to hear who filled the spot.

Yup.  My thoughts exactly.

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 10m10 minutes ago

It appears running back Paris Cotton has hurt his left shoulder after engaging with LB Kalil Bass — yells in frustration. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 9m9 minutes ago

Cotton is toughing it out. Minutes later, he's now running with the first-team skeleton. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 5m5 minutes ago

Returner Troy Stoudermire, who split sessions on Days 1 & 2 between O/D and was w DBs yesterday is back with O this am — making the catches.

Maybe the media folks in Winnipeg finally figured out if they tweet it in real time, no one needs to read their articles the next day.  Still doesn't answer why the fans aren't giving us updates this year.

I don't think anyone here owes anyone an explanation for why they're not providing camp updates.

Maybe the media folks in Winnipeg finally figured out if they tweet it in real time, no one needs to read their articles the next day.  Still doesn't answer why the fans aren't giving us updates this year.

I usually do 2 or 3 updates per year but I just haven't felt like going with the format the way it is.  I like to just relax a few rows up and take it all in and unfortunately can't do that this year so I don't really have any motivation to go.

I don't think anyone here owes anyone an explanation for why they're not providing camp updates.

I'm not suggesting they do.  

I've noticed a big difference this year in the number of folks sharing the TC experience around here, so I'm wondering why... Sideline access instead of stadium?  Folks not wanting to take the heat for their opinions around here? No one going to camp? Folks lost interest in the Bombers?  Relying on what the Bombers and the local media give us is good enough for most? Something else?

For example ... Stanley Bryant sitting out practice today. Okay.

Who took his spot? Who is lining up with the first team as safety with Leggett sitting? He's only been sitting out pretty much the entirety of camp, but I have yet to hear who filled the spot.

I vaguely remember hearing that Sherman was playing some safety, at least for a little bit.

I'm not suggesting they do.  

I've noticed a big difference this year in the number of folks sharing the TC experience around here, so I'm wondering why... Sideline access instead of stadium?  Folks not wanting to take the heat for their opinions around here? No one going to camp? Folks lost interest in the Bombers?  Relying on what the Bombers and the local media give us is good enough for most? Something else?

Weather has been pretty mediocre so could just be a matter of nobody attending.

I'm planning on going this weekend, so I'll see what the view is like.

I usually do 2 or 3 updates per year but I just haven't felt like going with the format the way it is.  I like to just relax a few rows up and take it all in and unfortunately can't do that this year so I don't really have any motivation to go.

This.  I can see how the experience would be so much better if TC were in the stadium.  This FIFA crap better be worth it.  Last night I watched Global Winnipeg on the satellite to get the Bomber news, and there was a 30 second blurb on injuries and then a five minute segment on how the organizers are covering up logos on IGF for soccer.  Yawn.