TC Report - Day Four

How come all they are tweeting about is injuries? How about even a "so and so made a good catch" or "This qb was throwing some nice balls" **** sakes guys injury updates are nice but how about some comment on the players performing? Doesn't have to be much or even very in depth but just say something that proves you're actually watching. 

I have to say, what with the fact that there will be no TV coverage of the exhibition games, I am going to be going into this season completely in the blind.  First game - Rod Black calls the play: "Willy throws a bomb to Jhomo Gordon, the rookie sensation who lit it up in camp".  Jhomo who?  Lit it up in camp?  Really?

Drones would be good! It is harder to assess everything from the sidelines, especially O-line- D-line LBs - much better to be a few rows up. You can't see much of anything that takes place over on the far side of the field during scrimmage or even skelly. So that's one of the reasons I haven't been over more often. It's just not that much fun watching from the side. You can see when an RB happens to make directional cut to gain daylight but defensive pursuit angles, closing speeds etc,are very hard to judge from the sideline. For example, it appears Hurl tends to turn his hips too soon to set up the cut-off angles and so he ends up nearly always in pursuit. I was watching from the sideline and only watched him for 3-4 plays from a bad angle so that's not definitive.Hard to judge from the sideline how fast players are actually moving through lanes and what they see or don't see. One general observation: everyone seems intense & businesslike as would be expected with good competition for jobs. 

I have to say, what with the fact that there will be no TV coverage of the exhibition games, I am going to be going into this season completely in the blind.  First game - Rod Black calls the play: "Willy throws a bomb to Jhomo Gordon, the rookie sensation who lit it up in camp".  Jhomo who?  Lit it up in camp?  Really?

Don't worry, I'll tell you what's what after I get a chance to check it out on the weekend. 

Don't worry, I'll tell you what's what after I get a chance to check it out on the weekend. 

OK - worry over.

How come all they are tweeting about is injuries? How about even a "so and so made a good catch" or "This qb was throwing some nice balls" **** sakes guys injury updates are nice but how about some comment on the players performing? Doesn't have to be much or even very in depth but just say something that proves you're actually watching. 

Here:

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB

Bomber Tackle Devin Tyler looks good in one on one blocking drills

I was about 5-6 minutes away from maneuvering a Satellite into position over the Bomber practice for a good view of what's going on, and then, of course, relaying back to the good people at MBB the information I had gleaned, when I got a very rude phone call from the U.S. Dept of something or other, telling me how, if I continued to interfere with their 'Honey Probe', I could kiss my football-watching days goodbye.

And oh, if you ever get in the same situation, don't mention the fact you want to watch some Bombers. They really didn't like that statement.

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 8s8 seconds ago

#Bombers receiver hopeful Greg Childs carted away from the practice facility, right leg extended.

The guy is just injury prone. He was never going to stay healthy enough to make the team, let alone make an impact.

I remember how high KFAN was on him making the Vikes. Then he blew out both knees on the same play with no contact.

Feel bad for him, but he just has devastating luck.

Maybe the media folks in Winnipeg finally figured out if they tweet it in real time, no one needs to read their articles the next day.  Still doesn't answer why the fans aren't giving us updates this year.

I usually do 2 or 3 updates per year but I just haven't felt like going with the format the way it is.  I like to just relax a few rows up and take it all in and unfortunately can't do that this year so I don't really have any motivation to go.

This.  I can see how the experience would be so much better if TC were in the stadium.  This FIFA crap better be worth it.  Last night I watched Global Winnipeg on the satellite to get the Bomber news, and there was a 30 second blurb on injuries and then a five minute segment on how the organizers are covering up logos on IGF for soccer.  Yawn.

At the old stadium I could whip over there in 5 minutes.  New stadium is less convenient for that purpose; I have to commit a minimum of an hour and a half for it to be remotely worthwhile.  For me, being in the stands or down at field level doesn't factor into it at all.

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

In my eyes, Jordan Reaves looks progressively better every day. Getting open and making catches. Still a ways to go though. #Bombers #CFLTC

I have really high hopes with this kid. If he pans out, it will be a smart move by Walters.

Sounds like he's a natural although switching from basketball is a bit of a leap....We could really have something here...bring him along slow and if he turns out as good as his dad...bingo...Walters seems to possess a good eye for talent and getting a local guy is really something special...Like it.