TC Report - Day Four

I'd love to hear how Shaq Richardson & Johnny Adams continue to look.

How does Sammy Brown look? I'm curious about our DE competition.

Didn't see much of the DBs but i also spent half the time looking at my sheet to confirm names and numbers. I did see Sammy Brown though. He didn't practice at all. Had his head wrapped with a towel all day. Not sure how serious it was as he didnt look to be limping or anything.

I also notice that Stanley Bryant was moving fairly slow on his feet today. I'd be surprised if he is back this week at all. Maybe on the weekend.

Finally.

Some TC news for us weak-minded.

Interesting information on the O-Line, receivers and QBs.

It's good to hear the Coaching was gracious and welcoming.

It wouldn't ave taken much for this board to get excited, but your report certainly has deserved the Belly-Rubbing Award of the day.

Thanks Budda Bubba.

Finally.

Some TC news for us weak-minded.

Interesting information on the O-Line, receivers and QBs.

It's good to hear the Coaching was gracious and welcoming.

It wouldn't ave taken much for this board to get excited, but your report certainly has deserved the Belly-Rubbing Award of the day.

Thanks Budda Bubba.

Day 4 Interviews are up.

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/110543

In his presser, O'Shea noted Westerman, Derrell Johnson, Shaquille Richardson, Darvin Adams, Jhomo Gordon, & Chungh as news guys who have stood out so far.

I've heard him single out Johnson once or twice before today. We might have something in this guy.

Johnson, Harlan, and Gibson are definitely vocal as they fly around but Louie Richardson is the "pump up" guy this year. He is always cheering and yelling at the boys to keep the intensity high. I haven't noticed that before so it seemed odd. Whatever it takes.

Lawless saying Chungh and Daniels are really pushing Neufeld and Dile for the right side.

If Chungh could go at guard this year, I'd be happy to cut bait with Neufeld and use that savings elsewhere. I get that he's a utility guy, so maybe you offer to 6 game him so he doesn't count against the cap?

Lawless saying Chungh and Daniels are really pushing Neufeld and Dile for the right side.

If Chungh could go at guard this year, I'd be happy to cut bait with Neufeld and use that savings elsewhere. I get that he's a utility guy, so maybe you offer to 6 game him so he doesn't count against the cap?

Doesn't Neufeld have some value as a back-up tackle as well?  Or am I just completely missing the boat on that one?

Neufeld definitely has some value but at the same time, He seems to be injured lots... I think i'd let him go too if he couldn't make the team. Maybe stash him on the IR for a bit and see if you can trade him but... if not, Yeah i'd let him go for sure. I think that value as a tackle diminishes considering it's quite apparent we are going with 2 american tackles... and i'm sure one if not 2 will be kept around as insurance.

Let's just say Bryant and Daniels are our tackles, One of Tyler,Dile, whoever else will be kept, if not 2. 

I find it interesting Oshea hasn't mentioned Bass as apparently he has brought the hammer a few times already. Once on Cotton today even.

Guess Linebackers can't really stand out until the games start? Kind of like with Running Backs too. 

If Chung were to actually earn a spot at RG, and you've likely got Goosen and Greaves in a dead heat for LG, then you've definitely got some wiggle room there, in terms of depth guys, if you ever needed to cut bait to save money for something else. 

My point, and I will admit it is a weak one, is that if one of the tackles goes down during a game, Neufeld could slide out to the tackle position if need be.  Anyway, carry on...

Valid point but at the same time, I'm not convinced Neufeled would be rostered as the 6th olineman if he wasn't starting. 

Hypothetical here.

Bryant,Greaves,Picard,Chung,Daniels. Might make more sense to have Goossen as the 6th as he can play guard and center, Chung could probably swing out to tackle if need be too. 

I like Neufeld but if he can't stay healthy and well if he isn't healthy, he's as good as gone in my opinion, one way or the other... Personally, i'd prefer to trade him cuz surely we could get something back in return. 

My point, and I will admit it is a weak one, is that if one of the tackles goes down during a game, Neufeld could slide out to the tackle position if need be.  Anyway, carry on...

Valid point but at the same time, I'm not convinced Neufeled would be rostered as the 6th olineman if he wasn't starting. 

Hypothetical here.

Bryant,Greaves,Picard,Chung,Daniels. Might make more sense to have Goossen as the 6th as he can play guard and center, Chung could probably swing out to tackle if need be too. 

I like Neufeld but if he can't stay healthy and well if he isn't healthy, he's as good as gone in my opinion, one way or the other... Personally, i'd prefer to trade him cuz surely we could get something back in return. 

Trade him for import OT Olafioye. :D  :D  :D

When a guy dresses and then gets hurt during TC, he's not been give a vet day off, so no, Neufeld didn't get a vet day off.  

I said Daniels would beat out Dile for the starting job when we signed Dile in FA.  I've not been at TC to see if I'm right, but according to Lawless, I might be.

Neufeld's being paid too much (2nd or 3rd highest on our O line IIRC) to be the 6th guy.  If Chungh takes his spot, then I expect us to try and move him.  

I called either Dile or Neufeld to be the TC surprise cut.  If Daniels/Chungh play well, it could come true.

You all need to remember that Neufeld was a guy Walters went out and got himself. He made a terrible trade to get the guy, GMs don't just cut guys they like that much even if it is the logical thing to do. 

I don't think Kyle will let his ego get in the way of who is on the field.  This isn't the Joe Mack era.  Kyle deserves a few mulligans.  If Neufeld doesn't fit, he'll go.

When a guy dresses and then gets hurt during TC, he's not been give a vet day off, so no, Neufeld didn't get a vet day off.  

I said Daniels would beat out Dile for the starting job when we signed Dile in FA.  I've not been at TC to see if I'm right, but according to Lawless, I might be.

Neufeld's being paid too much (2nd or 3rd highest on our O line IIRC) to be the 6th guy.  If Chungh takes his spot, then I expect us to try and move him.  

I called either Dile or Neufeld to be the TC surprise cut.  If Daniels/Chungh play well, it could come true.

You sure do have strange opinions. Neufeld also isn't the 2nd or 3rd highest paid guy on our OL. Probably the 4th, which makes sense.