CFL & TSN extend broadcast rights to 2021

Great news about the website and stats. 

Glad they got a new TV deal, but we just finished talking about how they're only showing a couple of preseason games on TV. Financially this deal I'm sure is good for the league and for TSN, but I would have been interested to know if others were seriously interested in it. TSN's panel is awful and some of their game coverage is brutal too. The addition of LaPolice to actually do film breakdown was a step in the right direction. Granted, sometimes competition doesn't even make it better. SportsNet's hockey coverage is awful.

Great news about the website and stats.

Glad they got a new TV deal, but we just finished talking about how they're only showing a couple of preseason games on TV. Financially this deal I'm sure is good for the league and for TSN, but I would have been interested to know if others were seriously interested in it. TSN's panel is awful and some of their game coverage is brutal too. The addition of LaPolice to actually do film breakdown was a step in the right direction. Granted, sometimes competition doesn't even make it better. SportsNet's hockey coverage is awful.

Here's the analysis you're looking for: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/cfl-extends-tv-radio-digital-contract-with-tsn-rds-through-2021--a-good-move-231945456.html

I'm wondering how this factors in to the fact that Bell (TSN) is now going to be part owner of one of the league teams. 

With the loss of the NHL TSN has to be starving for content, and the CFL delivers pretty decent ratings.  And now with the Toronto mess straightened out, the CFL is definitely looking like a stable, viable long-term bet.  What could possibly mess it up?  Oh I know!  Let's expand into the US!  What could go wrong?? :)

My concern is that TSN is pushing the CFL to move a majority of their games to weeknights when there's less going on and we'll end up with 1 game on the weekend. 

Thursday night games haven't been as consistent in previous years as Friday/Saturday games, but they've still been fairly regular. Committing to one Thursday game per week is likely an extra shot to Rogers, who has the NFL Thursday Night Football rights and (for a few months) will be a direct competition. I have no problem with active competition, as it usually results in a better product, so if the production around TSN Thursday Night games improves, all the better.

You're likely to still see mostly Friday and Saturday (and the odd Sunday) games, as those are still big nights for sports and TSN would be silly to give those up to air events that are much less popular. Plus, with the Argos moving out of Rogers Centre, you'll see far less (none?) of those stupid Tuesday or Wednesday night games in future seasons.

That's all my guess, of course. I can't know for sure.

My concern is that TSN is pushing the CFL to move a majority of their games to weeknights when there's less going on and we'll end up with 1 game on the weekend.

My concern is that my weekday Rye consumption will go up, while my weekend Rye consumption will drop unless I can find something else to consume rye to while watching.  Maybe the NFL could start up a month earlier?