Addison Richards signs with the Bombers?

Why cant he just be Addison Richards 1.0 to start off with.

Boooooooooooring.

Far better to do some pre-crapping on him even though he has yet to walk thru the gates at IGF.  What if he turns out to be good?  Then we'd really look silly saying how bad he is.  Got to get the complaining and insults in now, just in case.  It's called being proactive.

Why cant he just be Addison Richards 1.0 to start off with.

Boooooooooooring.

Far better to do some pre-crapping on him even though he has yet to walk thru the gates at IGF. What if he turns out to be good? Then we'd really look silly saying how bad he is. Got to get the complaining and insults in now, just in case. It's called being proactive.

Why is this guy specifically getting crapped on though? Just because some people on a message board think he was a reach pick? From what I've read he accomplished much more in his CIS career than Jade ever did. Sounds like legitimate cred to me. It's like you said, stupid to criticize before anyone sees him play. These are draft picks (that sometimes take a few years to develop) they are not sure things. All of them, including those selected by other teams.

He's getting crapped on solely because his last name isn't Demski or Durant....although he stands a chance of being better than either of them.

Exactly....and when he starts catching everything that Willy throws his way...there'll be a few people trying to choke down some of those black feathers of that infamous bird AND I'll be here to add a little salt LOL

He's getting crapped on solely because his last name isn't Demski or Durant....although he stands a chance of being better than either of them.

Exactly....and when he starts catching everything that Willy throws his way...there'll be a few people trying to choke down some of those black feathers of that infamous bird AND I'll be here to add a little salt LOL

nah, everyone will be crowing about how they knew all along he was great. 

Re: Richards' footspeed or lack thereof- whilist living in Saskabush, I had occasion to see Ray Elgaard a few times. He sure as spit didn't scare anyone with his speed, but he was good enough with his hands to more than offset that. Richards comes across as a good student of the game, durable and with good work habits. Not worried about him at all.

One of his biggest positives is he's a hands catcher and is good at high-pointing the ball... at 6'5 playing against DBs who are typically around 5'10-11... that will be a very valuable skill...

EDIT: I guess hands catching and high-pointing should qualify as 2 positives...

Re: Richards' footspeed or lack thereof- whilist living in Saskabush, I had occasion to see Ray Elgaard a few times. He sure as spit didn't scare anyone with his speed, but he was good enough with his hands to more than offset that. Richards comes across as a good student of the game, durable and with good work habits. Not worried about him at all.

What I remember was that Ray Elgaard just looked scary as it was. Handlebar mustache and a lot of bulk behind it. Kind of looked like a biker. I also remember he was 2 yards past the line of scrimmage at almost every snap.

The concerning thing about Richards, as someone posted on draft night, is that he can only run about 2 routes. He will have to learn something like 85% of the route tree still. I don't know enough about playing football professionally to know exactly how hard that is, but someone was saying on draft night that this kid is a bit of a one trick pony...

The concerning thing about Richards, as someone posted on draft night, is that he can only run about 2 routes. He will have to learn something like 85% of the route tree still. I don't know enough about playing football professionally to know exactly how hard that is, but someone was saying on draft night that this kid is a bit of a one trick pony...

I guess we'll find out one way or the other pretty soon, but on the other hand(s) someone as knowledgable(?) as Romby Bryant could run an indeterminate number of routes, and a lot of good that did.

You still have to 'connect' with the QB, with whatever number of routes you run.

He's supposedly smart so I'm sure he can learn the tree, one branch at a time.

Meh.. all part of the learning curve in becoming a pro.. if he has any brains (hard to know.. he is a Saskatchewanite! Jk) or football awareness then adding to his route cards shouldnt be too crazy..

What I remember was that Ray Elgaard just looked scary as it was. Handlebar mustache and a lot of bulk behind it. Kind of looked like a biker. I also remember he was 2 yards past the line of scrimmage at almost every snap.

I'd be happy with Ray Elgaard 2.0.

Lol at how easy it is to stir the pot.

It's better if you sound intelligent whilst stirring though.
I originally wrote Jade 2.0 and nothing else lol.
....and how exactly was that intelligent?

It generated discussion, your whining has done what exactly?

It generated discussion, your whining has done what exactly?

The discussion was about how stupid your comment was. If that's what you were going for it worked.

Why am I only allowed to give this one "like"?  Why isn't there a "superlike"?

This forum needs to be overthrown, with a new puppet dictatorship put in place.  The literal kind.  Puppets are hellafun.