Training Camp Info

Jpan85

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/bombers-open-training-camp-may-31

WINNIPEG, MB., May 19, 2015 –The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are set to open their 2015 training camp on Sunday, May 31st, on the field beside the Winnipeg Indoor Soccer Complex. Please note, all of the team’s rookie/training camp practices and media availabilities will be held at this location.  The Blue Bombers will play two pre-season gamesJune 9th in Toronto, and June 19that Investors Group Field against Hamilton.

Quarterbacks and CFL newcomers will report to Winnipeg and will be on the field for the opening of rookie camp on Wednesday, May 27th. Veterans report on May 30st and will begin practicing on May 31st.

A weekly practice/media schedule for training camp, including practice and media availability/filming times will be distributed beginning the week of May 25. If media have any specific questions pertaining to a certain date during training camp, please check with the Blue Bombers Communications Department for tentative details of that day.

Throughout training camp, media availability with players will take place immediately following practice, on the field. Head coach Mike O’Shea will be made available to the media approximately 20 minutes after practice.

It's not the first time it's happened. I remember Rod's field being used Ritchie's first year although I can't remember why. At least they had some wooden stands to sit in there.

Ritchie's first year woulda been the '99 Pan Am Games, right?

The last time they were there the fans could not get inside the chain link fence so you really could not see when they were at the end of the field. My son and I had planned to go and watch them but not too sure we will if we can not get inside the fence. I'm not sure why they decided that but they had a security guy to keep us out.

Fwiw, WBB FC has since deleted their tweet to me, so here's hoping that they receive some serious backlash and make other arrangements...

Social media to the rescue! I'd imagine if enough email, tweets and phone calls hit the service lines they will figure out a way to make it work..