Sign Willy!

Floyd

North of $400K.  More than Mitchell, Reilly, Collaros and Crompton.  In Ray and Burris territory. Good for Willy, I guess.  I hope he earns it this year and going forward.  I still think it's the wrong move.

I think that in all fairness, you should probably write a strongly worded letter the the Chair of the Winnipeg Football Club.  In it, you can outline your concerns and include your extensive CV which will demonstrate just how informed your opinion is.  I'm confident that once they read the letter, they will give it the attention it deserves

Lots of folks think whatever the Bombers do is right.  I disagree with something the Bombers did.  Not the first time.  Won't be the last time.  I still hope it works out. 

That being said, do you think that Willy's worth more than the rest of the young QB's in the league?

To this franchise he is.

I wasn't asking if the franchise thinks he is.  I was asking what people's own opinions are.  Two very different questions.

North of $400K.  More than Mitchell, Reilly, Collaros and Crompton.  In Ray and Burris territory. Good for Willy, I guess.  I hope he earns it this year and going forward.  I still think it's the wrong move.

I think that in all fairness, you should probably write a strongly worded letter the the Chair of the Winnipeg Football Club.  In it, you can outline your concerns and include your extensive CV which will demonstrate just how informed your opinion is.  I'm confident that once they read the letter, they will give it the attention it deserves

Lots of folks think whatever the Bombers do is right.  I disagree with something the Bombers did.  Not the first time.  Won't be the last time.  I still hope it works out. 

That being said, do you think that Willy's worth more than the rest of the young QB's in the league?

Here's the thing, it doesn't really matter what I think.  It's what the GM of the Bombers thinks.  Personally, I think that this was the right move for a lot of reasons.  Firstly, it tells Willy that the organization has confidence in him and believes that he can be the future for us.  It also sends the rest of the team a message that the club is serious about getting things done and removing any possible distractions.  It also says to everyone that the days of nickel and dime tactics are behind us.  We'll pay the going freight, so if you perform, you'll get the coin.

We call all those things "optics" and guess what?  They matter.

If Joe Mack were still our GM, he'd say to Willy's agent, "Here's $200k...take it or leave it!"

1/4 of the cap is now tied up in QB and OL, Bob Wylie is full time now... if there's a problem now, its on MB's schemes.

This must be the earliest an OC has been thrown under the bus. Then again, we did have Crowton.

Not throwing anyone under the bus... but last year and in year's past, Bellefuile's schemes have trended towards conservative and a stationary QB.

Just saying that we have possibly the best OL coach, a very strong OL and a good QB...  no excuses now

Still confident that Walters et al find the powerback that Bellefuile needs though, could be a good year

Have to look at the lack of stability that his organization has had at this position if they believe he is the long term solution than he is worth the money. Its a new SMS age no one is quite sure what fair market value its easy to rip a team when you have the notions of the old cap in your head. If this deal is over 3 years its a win. Knowing what I have heard from people that were in the locker room in Saskatchewan the sky is limit for Drew and is a guy you want leading your team.

Not throwing anyone under the bus... but last year and in year's past, Bellefuile's schemes have trended towards conservative and a stationary QB.

Just saying that we have possibly the best OL coach, a very strong OL and a good QB... no excuses now

Still confident that Walters et al find the powerback that Bellefuile needs though, could be a good year

Well, you kinda are. With many roster changes, on O, there could be a 'settling time' not related to schemes, but I do get what you're saying about MB. Not known as a force, as an OC, he does have to step it up. But, here's the thing, last year, the O did look like a functioning machine before the wheels fell off. The Offence moved the ball very well in the opening 3rd of the season and looked good in doing it. Now who can say specifically where and when it fell apart? RB? Scheme? Injuries? O-line? Coaching?

Lots of areas to spread the blame.

But I did see improvement in the O when the wheels were still on.

Do you know how much Reilly and Mitchell are making? I know Mitchell gave the Stamps a discount but I haven't heard any actual numbers for him or Reilly. Regarding Collaros, how about waiting until he is extended before comparing salaries. Crompton had never started a game and signed as a buck-up with Montreal. Again how about waiting until he is signed to a starter's deal.

Just saying that we have possibly the best OL coach, a very strong OL and a good QB... no excuses now

Well, you kinda are. With many roster changes, on O, there could be a 'settling time' not related to schemes, but I do get what you're saying about MB. Not known as a force, as an OC, he does have to step it up. But, here's the thing, last year, the O did look like a functioning machine before the wheels fell off. The Offence moved the ball very well in the opening 3rd of the season and looked good in doing it. Now who can say specifically where and when it fell apart? RB? Scheme? Injuries? O-line? Coaching?

Many roster changes?  Bryant and Picard will not have a 'learning curve'...  Neither will Willy, Moore, Denmark, Kohlert, Cotton...

The wheels fell off because MB went increasingly conservative and max protect on his schemes.  Lots of times he set Willy up last year from what I saw.

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.

Many roster changes? Bryant and Picard will not have a 'learning curve'... Neither will Willy, Moore, Denmark, Kohlert, Cotton...

The wheels fell off because MB went increasingly conservative and max protect on his schemes. Lots of times he set Willy up last year from what I saw.

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.

So we're set at the other 2 positions on the O line, aside from Greaves?

The RBs are determined?

No new receivers?

And don't forget, the O's field position is partially determined by the D and there will be changes there.

The new punting rules? Field position.

So yes, roster changes.

Yes, MB changed his Offence, but if you were watching last year, it was out of necessity, not choice. It didn't work.

We had planned for this. The salary cap is not just a year-to-year thing.

No big adjustment to the 2015 cap.

Walters just said.

Hey Mike, what about all your long-drawn out speeches about how it's not cool to post in here to prove when you were right?  I guess it's different when you do it.  Gotcha.

You really make me laugh sometimes. 

Walters just said.

Hey Mike, what about all your long-drawn out speeches about how it's not cool to post in here to prove when you were right?  I guess it's different when you do it.  Gotcha.

There is not a I or me in that post

Walters just said.

There is not a I or me in that post

LOL!  Gotcha. 

Read through this thread and it's 100% clear what Mike's doing with that post there.  But I'm sure he'll come up with some long drawn out explanation about how it's different.

Walters just said.

Those are Walters' words not Mike's

Walters just said.

Yes, I know, but he's doing it and bolding it to prove he was right.  Nit pick all you want, it's clear what he's doing.  

Walters just said.

Yes, I know, but he's doing it and bolding it to prove he was right.  Nit pick all you want, it's clear what he's doing.  

What was I right about? Honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Walters just said.

What was I right about? Honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Walters just said.

831452.gif

Walters just said.

I don't know about Mike. But I WAS right. When this whole kerfuffle started, I said it would be resolved before TC and that everyone who was panicking was overreacting. So.....HA!