CFL Draft needs

Childress

That 11/15 would be a disaster for us. Abankwah off the board before Harty? Taking Mrarube over Waud because of a pending mini camp?

I'd give the Bombers a big F for that draft.

Translation:  I didn't make this mock draft so it sucks. Wah.

And its Groulx over Waud because:

a. Westerman changes the draft

b. OL not as deep as it once looked... really only five guys that can step in next year or possibly this year

c. I think Walters wants/needs a safe pick... personally, I'd take Waud

Hilarious, that you're freaking out about Mrarube - him and Forde are very similar players

It probably has more to do with you going thru 2 full rounds of the draft without anyone taking Waud.  Which is unlikely.  And you have on more than one occasion argued the Bombers should take him 2nd overall.

Yep, basically that.

One player I'm really interested to see come off the board - Shaq Lawrence

If he's there at 11 and Demski is gone, I wouldn't be upset in the least if Walters took him

We don't start a Canadian RB and there's no plans to do so for the Bombers, so I think you gotta go best WR before taking an RB at 11.

If he's there at 11 and Demski is gone, I wouldn't be upset in the least if Walters took him

We don't start a Canadian RB and there's no plans to do so for the Bombers, so I think you gotta go best WR before taking an RB at 11.

Don't need to start a Canadian RB in my opinion - he essentially gives you the ability to do three things

- have your thunder / lightning backfield combo without burning a designated import spot, if you so choose

- have a competent backup as opposed to a Carl Volny type if you're going to go with one feature back

- give you the ability to play a full complement of import receivers in certain sets (you could get Stoudermire in on offense, etc)

On top of all of that, he has starting RB potential. You could land yourself a legitimate ratio buster.

Don't need to start a Canadian RB in my opinion - he essentially gives you the ability to do three things

- have your thunder / lightning backfield combo without burning a designated import spot, if you so choose

- have a competent backup as opposed to a Carl Volny type if you're going to go with one feature back

- give you the ability to play a full complement of import receivers in certain sets (you could get Stoudermire in on offense, etc)

On top of all of that, he has starting RB potential. You could land yourself a legitimate ratio buster.

Decent points, but I'd still go WR over RB at 11.  I'd love him later in the draft though if he was available; just don't like the idea of taking an RB that early.  

Decent points, but I'd still go WR over RB at 11.  I'd love him later in the draft though if he was available; just don't like the idea of taking an RB that early.  

I'm not opposed to a receiver either although I'm starting to grow on the idea of Harty at 15 if Demski isn't around. In my opinion, Lawrence is a luxury pick. But seen as how we have the luxury of three top 15 picks, I'd use one on him if the board fell that way.

I've seen about 6 recent mock drafts and none have Demski going in the first round.  I'm starting to get excited at the prospect of getting a stud OL AND Demski!!! 

IMO, the Bombers are going to dictate the pace of the draft with their second pick.

We can safely assume that Ottawa is going to go OL. If the Bombers pick an OL then you could very likely see an early run on OL (which seems to be the direction things are going in) and that's going to leave a skill player on the board for us at 11.

The 6 OL (Groulx, Mateas, McEwen, Chungh, Ruby and Lavoie) will all likely go in the top 10 if there's a run. That means one of Durant, Demski, Waud, Ackie or Lawrence will be there at 11, at least. That's a win for us.

If we don't trade down, what I would think be best course of action is

Take Chung at # 2 (if Ottawa takes him which I doubt then Groulx)

11 - whoever is there of Durant or Demski (If neither then I would be looking at either SML or Akie) as either or would both be rostered and contributing this year with limited reps and certainly on teams.

15 - If Byron A is there grab him, Or Blair Smith, and if neither is there take a flyer on a Varga or Boyko

If we can do that, the rest is just gravy

Save for the signed in the NFL guys I would think the first three would make the active game day roster and contribute this year 

Wonder what the offers are like for #2.

If Hamilton came at us with something like 2 and 15 for 8, 17, 20, Gill and a 2016 2nd or 3rd I'd find it hard to refuse. It would be risky because that 2nd overall pick this year is as close to a guaranteed player as you can get in one of these drafts, but 4 top 20 picks and a good prospect would be nice too.

If Hamilton came at us with something like 2 and 15 for 8, 17, 20, Gill and a 2016 2nd or 3rd I'd find it hard to refuse. It would be risky because that 2nd overall pick this year is as close to a guaranteed player as you can get in one of these drafts, but 4 top 20 picks and a good prospect would be nice too.

If that was the offer, I don't think I could turn it down. That's a lot of pieces.

If that was the offer, I don't think I could turn it down. That's a lot of pieces.

Except you miss out on a stud OL. That's why I wouldn't do that trade if I'm Walters.

You could still get a pretty good OL at #8. I'd be happy with any of Mateas, Chungh, Groulx, Ruby, McEwen, or Lavoie. Maybe all 6 would be off the board by number 8 but I doubt it.

That's why Ticats want to trade because they're worried there will be a run on OLs early in the draft and nothing left at 8.

Except you miss out on a stud OL. That's why I wouldn't do that trade if I'm Walters.

8, 17, 20, Gill and a 2016 2nd or 3rd , I'll take that. that's basically 5 NIs.

Tait says lots of buzz about the Bombers dealing #11 + #15 for another Top 10, in order to make sure they get Demski and a quality OL....

I'm betting that Edmonton might take that. Edmonton only have 5 picks for this draft.

If we come out of this draft with Groulx and Demski, it would be my dream come true.