Free agency news

BigBlue

didnt federkeil get traded to Calgary?

I thought he just showed up there after his NFL dream died. Calgary always had his rights though, didn't they?

EDIT - I stand corrected:

Daniel Hubert Federkeil (born November 9, 1983) is a professional Canadian football offensive tackle for the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted fifth overall by the Toronto Argonauts in the 2006 CFL Draft, but signed with the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League shortly thereafter. He retired from professional football in 2009 following a series of concussions, but returned to sign with the Stampeders in 2013 after his CFL rights were traded. He played CIS football with the Calgary Dinos.

On April 8, 2013, the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League acquired the rights to Federkeil after trading non-import linebacker Akwasi Antwi to the Toronto Argonauts.

I am surprised in the lack of interest around the league for Sam Giguere.  I wonder why that is?

Giguere has been too good for the league since the day he graced us by coming. At 29, he just hasn't delivered and he is past the point of getting any better IMO. I also think Austin is at the cap and can't afford to go high for him. If he sits a while he may sign back with the cats at a far lower price. He isn't a super star and the Ticats won't miss him if he goes. I hope we steer clear of him and I imagine we will.

I am surprised in the lack of interest around the league for Sam Giguere.  I wonder why that is?

Probably just expects too much money.  His rookie contract was crazy overpriced, he squeezed out every penny possible based on combine numbers and a short stint with the Colts.  Now people will be offering him significantly less than what he made previously.  Most players don't go into FA thinking that will happen, and with the limited choices available for NI receivers, he probably thought he'd get comparable numbers to what Hamilton paid him the first time around.

He's going to have to get past his disappointment before a deal gets done.

There seems to be two camps with him; one that still buys into all the hype from his combine numbers and another that thinks he's a bust.  He's somewhere in the middle of all that, and given what we have right now I'd be pleased if the Bombers signed him.  Kohlert, Feoli-G, Goodrich and that kid from the Watson trade - unless we've already decided to take a receiver with that 2nd overall pick, I think we need another good NI receiver on the roster to meet our ratio needs.  I hope Goodrich and whatshisface are amazing, but right now they have a combined 0 catches for 0 yards in the CFL.  If Kohlert gets injured, we are in trouble.