Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

I'd be OK with KG being here this season. He's an insurance policy in case willy gets hurt. Solid backup and gives Marve time to learn the game more.

He's the kind of insurance policy where your house burns down and the guy shows up with a tent and says "here's your payment, enjoy". Meh sorry I just don't want to pay a guy to take up a spot in the chance that Willy gets injured and then may actually contribute. And barely at that. I don't say this out of "vitriol" either. Did any of you guys watch that BC playoff game?? Have you all forgotten.

KBF, I want a playoff spot so I don't care if Glenn is our backup. If Willy gets hurt with Marve & Portis's limited experience then we're ******. 

I just can't get behind this argument.

"What's the point? If he's playing for us in November, we're screwed"

Same goes for Marve or Brohm.

Is it wrong that I actually have more faith in Marve in November then Glenn simply due to watching Glenn all these years? Lol

Of course it's not wrong. It's the reason why half of us hate him.

Hate him?  Interesting.  I'd be curious to know if you've ever even spoken with him.

Grow up.

Oh geez...get off your effing high horse. Hate him as a football player

I can understand some people saying "Nah, I'd rather not bring in KG5 at this point..." but the outright vitriol being shown is absolutely astonishing to me. Man oh man, I didn't know he kicked so many people's dogs...

It's many factors....one of the biggest is downplaying every loss he's ever had and blaming something...anything....other than himself. 

No credibility. No leadership.  No drive.  No to KG.  No to mediocrity in this, the longest current Grey Cup drought.

It's a shame you had to miss the 2007 season. It was pretty good, for the most part...

And that's the story of KG's career...almost good enough

I'm told the #Bombers, by their choice, are only on periphery of Glenn talks. #Alouettes and #Riders appear to be the contenders. #CFL

I don't know why more teams aren't be going hard after Glenn, who wouldn't command a huge salary. #CFL #Bombers

I realize Glenn is in the twilight of his career, but is your team's backup better than him? For most teams, that's a no. #CFL #Bombers

Exactly…Kevin Glenn would only be insurance, in case the next backup - Portis, falters.

I can understand some people saying "Nah, I'd rather not bring in KG5 at this point..." but the outright vitriol being shown is absolutely astonishing to me. Man oh man, I didn't know he kicked so many people's dogs...

It's many factors....one of the biggest is downplaying every loss he's ever had and blaming something...anything....other than himself. 

No credibility. No leadership.  No drive.  No to KG.  No to mediocrity in this, the longest current Grey Cup drought.

It's a shame you had to miss the 2007 season. It was pretty good, for the most part...

It's interesting that people always bring up 2007.  That was eight years ago.  Let's look at his 2014 highlight reel to see the KG of today, shall we?

Would much rather see Marve play instead of bringing back Glenn.

Not surprised that Montreal and Saskatchewan are the teams that want him. Crompton IMO is mediocre at best and at the low end of mediocre to top it off. Sask obviously doesn't want a repeat of last season.

Kg is a great insurance policy and can come in and win some games if necessary.

If this were 2011-12 I would agree with you. 2015 KG not so much.
All I'm saying is a year ago a lot of guys were happy to pick up Burris LOL. KG at the right price (150-175k) wouldn't be so bad. Do you really think marve or portis is going to perform better than kg?

For a CFL back-up? No way that's a good deal.

It's definitely not a bad one.

Isn't that what Willy makes?

Willy makes more than that. And Willy is a low end salary QB at this point.

Hell, Dinwiddie was making about 150k when he was here I believe.

Fair enough then. I didn't know what Willy actually made.

150k for KG still feels wrong to me.

When Willy was signed it was reported he had a base salary of $250,000. Same money asCollaros.

I'd be OK with KG being here this season. He's an insurance policy in case willy gets hurt. Solid backup and gives Marve time to learn the game more.

He's the kind of insurance policy where your house burns down and the guy shows up with a tent and says "here's your payment, enjoy". Meh sorry I just don't want to pay a guy to take up a spot in the chance that Willy gets injured and then may actually contribute. And barely at that. I don't say this out of "vitriol" either. Did any of you guys watch that BC playoff game?? Have you all forgotten.

I agree with you 100% with the small exception that he would.be better then Marve or Portis due to experience.. But experience alone doesnt win football games... And neither did Glenn when it really counted... As usual.

Upon further review, i really cant say id rather have Glenn starting for us in November over Marve or Portis because Marve would have had more time in the system and with the players and as #2 (if brohm doesnt re-sign) would have been more game ready.. Imo.

That's not how Stegall described Glenn in the huddle, but what would he know?

After all, Glenn didn't interview well.  That's by far the most important thing to consider.

Your name insults the Bombers all-time leading scorer.

If my high horse keeps me from sinking to that level, I'm fine staying up here.

Like Jane Seymour says, if you keep an open heart, love will find it's way in.

I thought her mom always said that.

Love, love will keep us together

Think of me babe whenever

Some sweet talkin' girl comes along

Singin' a song

Don't mess around you've just got to be strong.

Just stop. Cuz I really love you

Stop. I keep thinking of you.

Look in my heart & may love keep us together...

Forever.

Riiight....have you ever looked at his career averages???? Here's a clue, his career average is 72%! 72%! Only 1 season where he was over 80% & that was only 80.4% (once in 20+ years) If he was any good, at all he'd have way way more points. He's only the bomber career points leader because of how long our stupid franchise kept him around...Saying a player sucks when that player actually does suck is not an insult.

Go cry somewhere else...

Haha don't forget that we Troy boy left as and continues to be loaded with sour grapes because of his cutting. He didn't know when to leave gracifully or with class. in today's league he would never have survived as long as he did. He was NEVER good. just limped along with a Canadian passport.

Here's praying lirim stays healthy and shatters Westwoods numbers. He's already ten times the kicker.

Riiight....have you ever looked at his career averages???? Here's a clue, his career average is 72%! 72%! Only 1 season where he was over 80% & that was only 80.4% (once in 20+ years) If he was any good, at all he'd have way way more points. He's only the bomber career points leader because of how long our stupid franchise kept him around...Saying a player sucks when that player actually does suck is not an insult.

Go cry somewhere else...

Guess Lui Passaglia sucks too then. He only went over 80% twice in 25 seasons. Dave Ridgway's career FG percentage was 78%.

Go cry somewhere else...

Guess Lui Passaglia sucks too then. He only went over 80% twice in 25 seasons. Dave Ridgway's career FG percentage was 78%.

I know, it's sad how long all those kickers played for. The kickers now have much better percentages. Back then there wasn't enough legit competition. Now the league is much stronger in the kicking game percentage wise. Under 80% now just doesn't cut it.

Go cry somewhere else...

Let it go.  Westwood has been retired for like 40 years.  The only person that cares about your hate on is....you.

Haha don't forget that we Troy boy left as and continues to be loaded with sour grapes because of his cutting. He didn't know when to leave gracifully or with class. in today's league he would never have survived as long as he did. He was NEVER good. just limped along with a Canadian passport.

Here's praying lirim stays healthy and shatters Westwoods numbers. He's already ten times the kicker.

The man deserves a capital L. I haven't felt so good about a 

Bomber kicker for a long time. Not sure what that says about me or the teams the Bombers have had for a while.