Josh Portis contract extended

Goalie

I still think Brohm will be back.

I hope so.  I don't want Brohm to be another McManus.  You know, where we let him go and then he's becomes awesome.  Willy is signed here for now, but that doesn't mean he'll stay if he feels like we're not giving him the best shot at the championship.

I can totally understand Brohm moving on from the Bombers unless he's content collecting a pay cheque for holding a clip board in perpetuity.  Win or lose, Willy would have to be laying dead on the field before O'Shea would ever consider resorting to his backup QB, so the opportunity for progressing his career probably lies elsewhere, not in Wpg.  The book on competition for the QB position is officially closed as long as O'Shea is in charge.

The #Bombers have extended the contract of QB Josh Portis! Details: http://www.bluebombers.com/article/bombers-extend-contract-of-qb-josh-portis 

Tells me that Brohm may be moving on. 

Has anyone heard about Brohms thumb?

Yeah, I know this one.

Brohm's thumb walks into a bar and...

No. No. No. It goes: a Celine Dion walks into a bar and the bartender says,"Why the long face?"

Fixed

The #Bombers have extended the contract of QB Josh Portis! Details: http://www.bluebombers.com/article/bombers-extend-contract-of-qb-josh-portis 

Tells me that Brohm may be moving on. 

Has anyone heard about Brohms thumb?

Yeah, I know this one.

Brohm's thumb walks into a bar and...

No. No. No. It goes: a horse walks into a bar and the bartender says,"Why the long face?"

A sandwich walks into a bar.  Bartender says, "Sorry we don't serve food here."

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks "Why the long face?"  The horse neither speaks nor understands English, because it is a horse.  It is spooked by a loud noise and knocks over several tables, injuring two loyal bar patrons.  Eventually it is able to find the door in its confusion and gallops out into the street.  The bartender calls Animal Control and they track down the horse a short time later and are forced to put it down, due to the injuries it caused.  Somewhere, off in the distance, a dog howls wistfully at the moon.

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks "Why the long face?"  The horse neither speaks nor understands English, because it is a horse.  It is spooked by a loud noise and knocks over several tables, injuring two loyal bar patrons.  Eventually it is able to find the door in its confusion and gallops out into the street.  The bartender calls Animal Control and they track down the horse a short time later and are forced to put it down, due to the injuries it caused.  Somewhere, off in the distance, a dog howls wistfully at the moon.

Aaah. This brings a tear to my eye. Now I have to go pee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

Looks like we're giving up on Willy. Oh well.

Indeed O'Shea's comments during the Etcheverry departure news conf suggest Drew Willy will be on a short leash.
Huh? I assume you're joking.

Me too.. I have a very hard time believing that we are even remotely considering moving on from Willy or short leashing the guy..

Indeed O'Shea's comments during the Etcheverry departure news conf suggest Drew Willy will be on a short leash.
Me too.. I have a very hard time believing that we are even remotely considering moving on from Willy or short leashing the guy..

And the fact that I watched the entire press conference and O'Shea didn't allude to Willy being on a short leash at all.

And the fact that I watched the entire press conference and O'Shea didn't allude to Willy being on a short leash at all.

What O'Shea said between 5 mins 30 and 6 mins 20 in that news conf is hardly a ringing endorsement of Bellefueille or Drew Willy.

What O'Shea said between 5 mins 30 and 6 mins 20 in that news conf is hardly a ringing endorsement of Bellefueille or Drew Willy.

And it shouldn't be. Professional sports are about performance- produce or you are gone and how well every member of the Bombers does next year will have a direct bearing on whether O'Shea continues as head coach. O'Shea does not have a thick portfolio of success as a head coach and cannot write 2015 off as one bad year which should be discounted if it comes to that.

Willy did very well for the first half of the season but he tailed off badly for one reason or another and Brohm and Marve showed well. This ought to be a clear signal to the troops that every man of them will have to earn his place on the roster and work to keep it.

I just re-watched that part and I don't see how that could be interpteted as Willy being on a short leash.

Willy is the guy. Exact same mindset as this time last year. Guaranteed MOS knows we can be more like the team from last summer (as opposed to the fall version) when we're healthy.

I concur.. If we can get some continuality on the oline, positive running by cotton and the same play from willy and his receivers early in the season.... Our offence shouldn't be our Achilles heel..

I just re-watched that part and I don't see how that could be interpteted as Willy being on a short leash.

"I think the biggest issue is trying to find a defensive coordinator and how that affects the other staff members"

"We started something with Drew Willy"

"To be fair to Drew, if you keep changing coordinators on a quarterback, you can set him back"

"We found a good young quarterback"

"It's my preference to keep going"

Seems pretty clear to me. Drew is obviously in the doghouse.

"I think the biggest issue is trying to find a defensive coordinator and how that affects the other staff members"

"To be fair to Drew, if you keep changing coordinators on a quarterback, you can set him back"

I'd be surprised if they aren't walking him out the door as we speak.

I'd be surprised if they aren't walking him out the door as we speak.

I knkw, right? Id be surprised if willy wasnt crying himself to sleep, witnessing his character being assasinated like that and dragged thru the mud..

You missed the part at 6 mins 3 secs where O'Shea quickly transitions away from endorsing just Drew Willy and reminds everyone that the Bombers have a stable of 4 good young QBs - as he puts it. 

And if you think about what he says regarding the OC position, he's actually saying if we had more experienced QBs then someone other than MB would be a viable option as OC. He's saying that it's not that MB is a great OC, just that bringing in a new system out would set back the development of the QBs. Obviously management talked about the option of a new OC.