Poll: Who Should be the Bombers' New DC?

Atomic

New Bombers DC  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be the Bombers' new DC?

• Mike Benevides
    • Devone Claybrooks
    • Richie Hall
    • Greg Marshall
    • Barron Miles
    • Tony Missick
    • Kavis Reed
    • Other

Per Lawless the Bombers have spoken to Benevedes already. They have also asked the Riders for permission to speak to Hall.

I wonder who is present at the interviews?
Mike O'Shea is present.

Is that it?

Who else needs to be there?

No one. O'Shea will have to answer for the coaches under him and therefore ought to have the final say.

Per Lawless the Bombers have spoken to Benevedes already. They have also asked the Riders for permission to speak to Hall.

Mike O'Shea is present.

Is that it?

No one. O'Shea will have to answer for the coaches under him and therefore ought to have the final say.

That answer makes sense in a logical business sense. But is professional sports and especially CFL business sensible? Does it work strictly by logic? Besides it is much better for the the tin foil hat crowd for there to be layers of intrigue with conflicting motivations and aspirations so that we can discuss for pages and pages. This is much better than working.

Mike O'Shea is present.

Is that it?

Having somebody else sit in on a meeting to offer their $.02 does mean it wouldn't be his final decision.

As I see it, we're already ahead…no matter who we hire for DC.

And I'm talking over the last two years.

We'll have a credible, fully functioning, recognized defence, all ready for an experienced co-ordinator to make his mark.

Can't wait to see Anderson, Leggett, Johnson, Turner, Randle, Bucknor, Washington? Wild?, Newman, Unamba, Sears?, Booker, Harlan and the rest of the boys under their new DC.

Bring in the boys Mr. Walters.

Guess i'm not a fan of recycling coaches who were just fired. 

Doesn't matter who BC's DC is, that D is still good, is that because of benevides or is it the players?

I would suggest it's the players cuz that D has been very good for a very long time. 

Benevides was there for a very long time... Good players and good coaches go hand in hand. 

Doesn't matter who BC's DC is, that D is still good, is that because of benevides or is it the players?

I would suggest it's the players cuz that D has been very good for a very long time. 

Benevides was there for a very long time... Good players and good coaches go hand in hand. 

I tend to agree.  It's always strange to me when people suggest that a coach was only successful because he had good players.  Well, players, no matter how good, need a system that supports them and provides strategies, guidance and refinement of the skills they are ready have.  Without those things, no player, or group of players will ever be good on their own.  We often call that sort of system "coaching".

I tend to agree.  It's always strange to me when people suggest that a coach was only successful because he had good players.  Well, players, no matter how good, need a system that supports them and provides strategies, guidance and refinement of the skills they are ready have.  Without those things, no player, or group of players will ever be good on their own.  We often call that sort of system "coaching".

Well, we actually hired a DC who had no playbook & then let him do whatever he wanted such as never working on Inside Run. Meanwhile our HC, one of the best lbers to ever play in the CFL let it all happen right in front of his eyes. Then he actually went thru a lengthy process  & tried to keep him as a coordinator when it was best for everyone he left. For gosh sakes MOS, quit hiring your friends so you don't have to feel such pain when they epicly fail & you have to fire them. Hire the best coaches available & keep it professional. No room for personal feelings when hard decisions have to be made so don't make it so by hiring friends. 

We don't have a bighill or elomimian tho who apparently we're allowed to do what ever they wanted on the field if rumours are true. You take those 2 guys away from bc and the d probably aren't nearly as good.

so you're suggesting that the BC defensive playbook contains plays that have assignments for 10-11 guys and 1 or 2 "do whatever"?  I highly doubt that.

We don't have a bighill or elomimian tho who apparently we're allowed to do what ever they wanted on the field if rumours are true. You take those 2 guys away from bc and the d probably aren't nearly as good.

so you're suggesting that the BC defensive playbook contains plays that have assignments for 10-11 guys and 1 or 2 "do whatever"?  I highly doubt that.

Nobody just freelances.