Poll: Who Should be the Bombers' New DC?

Atomic

New Bombers DC  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be the Bombers' new DC?

• Mike Benevides
    • Devone Claybrooks
    • Richie Hall
    • Greg Marshall
    • Barron Miles
    • Tony Missick
    • Kavis Reed
    • Other

Hall was the defensive coordinator in sask last year, sask like us were ranked in the bottom 3 in points given up. Not sure i like Hall, Benevides?

Separating players from scheme makes it hard to draw conclusions.  The Riders were pretty bad defending the pass but pretty good against the run.  We have the makings of a very good secondary.

So hypothetically does Hall benefit from our good secondary or ruin our secondary with bad schemes?  Right now that's unknowable.

The Riders have some pretty good talent in the secondary.  Rod Williams had an NFL shot before joining the Riders, we all know how good Brackenridge is, and Macho Harris and Terrell Maze are no slouches either.

In fact, Hall was working with an all-American secondary and still had a tough time against the pass.  Just something to think about.

Claybrooks, beneviedes or hall.. Any of the above I believe will be an upgrade over last year.

Honestly I tend to agree with this. I would be happy with any of the 3. There are some real good options out there, it's not a bad time to be looking for a defensive coordinator.

Who voted other, and who would that be. Unless I missed their post.

Names don't matter, it's just a fact…the other guy is always better.

Some sort of rule of thumb.

You're in the wrong place again Dee.  They're talking about Brohm in the other thread.

Who voted other, and who would that be. Unless I missed their post.

Names don't matter, it's just a fact…the other guy is always better.

Some sort of rule of thumb.

You're in the wrong place again Dee.  They're talking about Brohm in the other thread.

It's Brohm's second movement…in B minor.

Benevides would make it easier to fire O'Shea should the scenario ever arise.

Might be the only one (haven't read through the whole thread yet) but this is the reason I don't want Bene here. Be too easy for the Bombers to make him HC and he sucked as a HC.

In what way did he suck?  Not that I want him as head coach, but he did pretty good win/loss wise.

BC 2012 13 5 0 .722 1st in West Division 0 1 Lost in West Final

BC 2013 11 7 0 .611 3rd in West Division 0 1 Lost in West Semi-Final

BC 2014 9 9 0 .500 4th in West Division 0 1 Lost in East Semi-Final

Might be the only one (haven't read through the whole thread yet) but this is the reason I don't want Bene here. Be too easy for the Bombers to make him HC and he sucked as a HC.

In what way did he suck?  Not that I want him as head coach, but he did pretty good win/loss wise.

Yep, took a grey cup winning team and got  progressively worst the next few seasons

Yep, took a grey cup winning team and got  progressively worst the next few seasons

Hard to say that Wally did him any favours though.  He let their Canadian talent languish to the point that they are near the bottom of the league in that regard, particularly on the offensive line.  He also clung to old Americans for a little too long... basically telling Benevides that if those guys were good enough to win a Grey Cup in 2011, then they should be good enough for Benevides for the next 3 years.  Very inactive in terms of roster management.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Benevides because he bears part of the responsibility as well.  But Wally shouldn't get a free pass just because he is Wally Buono.

Cool! Looks like it's a consensus. So when is the presser to announce Benevides as DC???

LOL! Do we have THAT MUCH pull? Obviously the Bombers read this site as witnessed Kim Babij-Gesel posting here but somehow I don't think Walters or MOS will take our advice.

Kim will make it happen. She's got a lot more pull in the Bombers organization than you realize...