The Grey Cup 103 logo is ... very royal blue

Mike

I know it's a relatively minor thing, but I find it interesting that the city's 2 major papers (Freep and Sun) had headlines talking about the "Grey Cup logo" being unveiled.

The Grey Cup logo wasn't unveiled. The Grey Cup Festival logo was. They're 2 different (but obviously co-inciding) things, with the Festival logo usually showing more of the local team's flares, and the logo for the game usually highlighting the city and looking more "regal" or official.

I realize it's such a lame pet peeve, but it happened last year when the Riders unveiled their Prider-heavy festival logo and people didn't realize it wasn't the logo for the actual game. And somehow, other news organizations (like the Metro) got it right in there stories.

/end semantics rant

Would energize the league. If GC week is just meh with CAL again the haters would have a field day on how the CFL is now failing in the heartland etc.

I was there Thursday till game day was the best atmosphere the last three years.

Cool. Media I saw was saying complete opposite.

FYI, the image at the top of this thread has skewed colors.   This is the actual one with the actual colors.   When the photo was first posted, the colors somehow got tweaked.   What you see below is the actual logo.  

crop_21045812119.jpg

Kim Babij-Gesell

Communications Manager

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Any comment on whether or not the club is ditching the current uniforms in favor of the royal blues next season?

Got my plane ticket from montreal and hotel room at the super 8 Winnipeg. Last room available. All hotels surrounding the stadium have already been sold out.

I dont believe that to be true as a friend of mine owns a hotel close to the Stadium and told me they have availability but with a minimum stay condition.

FYI, the image at the top of this thread has skewed colors.   This is the actual one with the actual colors.   When the photo was first posted, the colors somehow got tweaked.   What you see below is the actual logo.  

crop_21045812119.jpg

Kim Babij-Gesell

Communications Manager

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Any comment on whether or not the club is ditching the current uniforms in favor of the royal blues next season?

49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8

Got my plane ticket from montreal and hotel room at the super 8 Winnipeg. Last room available. All hotels surrounding the stadium have already been sold out.

I dont believe that to be true as a friend of mine owns a hotel close to the Stadium and told me they have availability but with a minimum stay condition.

Would it not make more sense to get a hotel room down town since that's where most of the action will take place during the week?

Would it not make more sense to get a hotel room down town since that's where most of the action will take place during the week?

I guess it depends what you want to be closes to.  There was a large amount of business trying to book hotels just for the sat/sun at my friends location.  I'd probably stay on Pembina if I was driving in.  Close to Stadium, close to amenities and easy to get downtown via bus/cab/driving

Sorry, if that was happening or not happening, it would be something our CEO would announce publicly.   But I love the rampant speculation!   

Rampant is what we do.

Yes, I see that... in droves.   :)

Let me rephrase the question, because I'm mildly curious.

Do you know (either way) the answer to my question?

Sorry, if that was happening or not happening, it would be something our CEO would announce publicly.   But I love the rampant speculation!   

Rampant is what we do.

Yes, I see that... in droves.   :)

Mike I find your use of the word "mildly" somewhat misleading... 

Sorry, if that was happening or not happening, it would be something our CEO would announce publicly. But I love the rampant speculation!

Rampant is what we do.

Yes, I see that... in droves. :)

Kim, be very careful before (if) answering this question.

Sorry, if that was happening or not happening, it would be something our CEO would announce publicly. But I love the rampant speculation!

Rampant is what we do.

LOL.  Don't worry about me, I didn't fall off the turnip truck last night.  

And as such, my participation in this thread shall end.  But I do look forward to the iron-clad declarations of what my silence means... I know that's also a popular topic around here. ;)

Rampant is what we do.

And as such, my participation in this thread shall end.  But I do look forward to the iron-clad declarations of what my silence means... I know that's also a popular topic around here. ;)

It can only mean one thing. We've traded EJ Kuale for Ben Heenan.

Rampant is what we do.

A woman giving us the silent treatment?

Speaking for myself, that's a first. :rolleyes:

Today.  I think.

And you're now on pace for 1400 posts annually.  It's a good start.  The vortex is undeniable, no point in resisting.