Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

He has been Calgary thru and thru. Winnipeg tried to take him off the PR from there a number of years ago and he didn't want to leave then....having Judy won the Cup on a so,I'd team likely smart to stay home.

:huh:  :wacko:  :blink:

Jacquie, my thoughts exactly.

Makes more sense to me than most of his posts.

He has been Calgary thru and thru. Winnipeg tried to take him off the PR from there a number of years ago and he didn't want to leave then....having Judy won the Cup on a so,I'd team likely smart to stay home.

:huh::wacko::blink:

Who's Judy?

Who's Judy?

Who isn't Judy?

Who's Judy?

Who isn't Judy?

No IM judy!

As of today, sounds like Stamps all-star LT Stanley Bryant will hit open market Feb. 10. Edwin Harrison, too. Only one will be back. #CFL

IMO Bryant would be the absolute best pickup for the Bombers in free agency, regardless of the fact he is American.  Forget the fact that everyone says we should be able to find an American tackle no problem, because it is obviously not that easy.  I would have no problem with them opening up the wallet big time to get Bryant here.

As of today, sounds like Stamps all-star LT Stanley Bryant will hit open market Feb. 10. Edwin Harrison, too. Only one will be back. #CFL

IMO Bryant would be the absolute best pickup for the Bombers in free agency, regardless of the fact he is American.  Forget the fact that everyone says we should be able to find an American tackle no problem, because it is obviously not that easy.  I would have no problem with them opening up the wallet big time to get Bryant here.

I agree 100%.  He'd sure be a nice upgrade on January. 

I never got that American tackles are a dime a dozen and it's easy to find them. Most NFL teams are struggling to find quality tackles.

I don't get the dime a dozen argument at any position.  

Don't be obtuse...there are many positions, especially RBs and LBs, that are extremely easy to recruit for out of the US...

I never got that American tackles are a dime a dozen and it's easy to find them. Most NFL teams are struggling to find quality tackles.

I don't get the dime a dozen argument at any position.  

Don't be obtuse...there are many positions, especially RBs and LBs, that are extremely easy to recruit for out of the US...

For an average LB or RB, sure.  For a dominant player at those positions, hardly.  If it were, every team would have an Adam Bighill.

Stamps re-signed Matt Walter.

I'm surprised by this. I thought he would get some interest from teams around the league. I really didn't see him resigning in CGY.

He is a Land Man for an oil company. He has  a very well paying job & he's a native Calgarian so he'd have to give that up if he moved. he has it pretty good career wise in business & sports.

Stamps re-signed Matt Walter.

I'm surprised by this. I thought he would get some interest from teams around the league. I really didn't see him resigning in CGY.

He is a Land Man for an oil company. He has a very well paying job & he's a native Calgarian so he'd have to give that up if he moved. he has it pretty good career wise in business & sports.
What's a Land Man?