Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Shawn Lemon and Brett Jones among those getting heavy NFL interest.

Lemon has 12 workouts planned, Scott Mitchell of the CGY Sun says Jones has drawn interest from atleast 9 teams thus far.

Jones would be one of the smallest OL in the NFL. I wish the guy good luck as he'll need it. But I can't blame the guy for trying.

The vast majority of NFL centers are between 6'2 and 6'4 and 300-325 pounds. At 6'2 318 Brett Jones would fit right in.

Hamilton is going to a power in the east for a long time, Zontar. 

Hope so, I'm a veteran of watching perennial loser seasons so it'll be a refreshing change

They're closer than Winnipeg, but they still have a few holes to fill.  Losing their offensive weapons like Tasker, Gigueurre Ellingson, and Banks (possibly) could be detrimental as well

Hope so, I'm a veteran of watching perennial loser seasons so it'll be a refreshing change

They're closer than Winnipeg, but they still have a few holes to fill.  Losing their offensive weapons like Tasker, Gigueurre Ellingson, and Banks (possibly) could be detrimental as well

Closer than us? We're light years behind!!

How do you find time to post here all the time...what with avoiding that sky that keeps falling? ;)

How do you find time to post here all the time...what with avoiding that sky that keeps falling? ;)

How I find time is my business. I'm a realist not a dreamer like you. We have a lot more holes to fill than the Ti Cats. Tell me how we're close to the Ti Cats?

We have a lot more holes to fill than the Ti Cats. Tell me how we're close to the Ti Cats?

Hamilton stands to lose: Brandon Banks, M Bowman, Delvin Breaux, Greg Ellingson, Samuel Giguere, Bakari Grant, Nic Grigsby, Justin Hickman, Dan Lefevour, Luke Tasker and Greg Wojt……Antonio Coleman DL, Mark Dile OL, Marc-Antoine Fortin DL, Stephen McGee QB, Timothy O'Neill OL, Taylor Reed LB, 

Hamilton has extended Lee Norwood.

The Ti-Cats are virtually out of 2014 cap room, so their signings are  R/rec Quincy McDuffie, DE Adrian Tracy RB Sam Ojuri

Winnipeg stands to lose: Brian Brohm, Desia Dunn, Johnny Sears, Glenn January, Demond Washington, and Ian Wild……R Bryant, B Carter, Mike Cornell, Gord Hinse, Aaron Kelly, Dan Knapp, Devin Tyler, and Carl Volny.

Winnipeg has extended Troy Stoudermire, Chris Greaves, Pat Neufeld, Maurice Leggett, and Derek Jones, and have re-signed Zack Anderson, Paris Cotton, Matt Buchnor and Josh Portis…so far.

If you think Hamilton is that much further ahead than Winnipeg in talent, I would suggest they lost a little ground lately.

Kris Robertson.. We put him on waivers? He at Anthony Woodson stage where he simply hasn't proven himself or... ?

He never got a legitimate chance here. I still believe he will be a CFL player.

Don't know why Robertson didn't fit in to Etch's defense. He's certainly small enough.

All jokes aside, I'm still confused... I too thought he never had a real chance to prove himself. We also have such a lack of talent in Canadian players, I would have thought anyone who.showed well would have been given every chance to stick...

Very confused by this move..

We have a lot more holes to fill than the Ti Cats. Tell me how we're close to the Ti Cats?

Hamilton stands to lose: Brandon Banks, M Bowman, Delvin Breaux, Greg Ellingson, Samuel Giguere, Bakari Grant, Nic Grigsby, Justin Hickman, Dan Lefevour, Luke Tasker and Greg Wojt……Antonio Coleman DL, Mark Dile OL, Marc-Antoine Fortin DL, Stephen McGee QB, Timothy O'Neill OL, Taylor Reed LB,

The Ti-Cats are virtually out of 2014 cap room, so their signings are R/rec Quincy McDuffie, DE Adrian Tracy RB Sam Ojuri

Winnipeg stands to lose: Brian Brohm, Desia Dunn, Johnny Sears, Glenn January, Demond Washington, and Ian Wild……R Bryant, B Carter, Mike Cornell, Gord Hinse, Aaron Kelly, Dan Knapp, Devin Tyler, and Carl Volny.

Winnipeg has extended Troy Stoudermire, Chris Greaves, Pat Neufeld, Maurice Leggett, and Derek Jones, and have re-signed Zack Anderson, Paris Cotton, Matt Buchnor and Josh Portis…so far.

If you think Hamilton is that much further ahead than Winnipeg in talent, I would suggest they lost a little ground lately.

I don't think he truly believes Hamilton is that ahead, he's just so trained to slam the bombers that every team is eons ahead of us regardless of the truth of the matter...

The Ti-Cats are virtually out of 2014 cap room, so their signings are R/rec Quincy McDuffie, DE Adrian Tracy RB Sam Ojuri

I don't think he truly believes Hamilton is that ahead, he's just so trained to slam the bombers that every team is eons ahead of us regardless of the truth of the matter...

Wow, who's the trained seal around here more than SPuDs?? I just think anyone saying that Hamilton isn't much further ahead than us is daft. There's being a fan & then there's being a total complete buy in, believe everything the team says, fan boy like you are, SPuDs. I believe that we're on the right track but are still a few years away from competing seriously for the Grey Cup. Just getting into the playoffs in 2015 will be an accomplishment. I'll take the playoffs. That's the next big step for this team. 

The Ti-Cats are virtually out of 2014 cap room, so their signings are  R/rec Quincy McDuffie, DE Adrian Tracy RB Sam Ojuri

Every team has an extensive list of free agents this off season due to the new CBA & higher salary cap & I think by the time Feb 10th comes along most teams will have their key guys re-signed. Having said that, my comments about the Bombers shouldn't be taken so literally by some people here. Our Canadian depth is the worst in the CFL. Our OL is the worst as well. But we also have some very good players at other positions. Just because I said I don't believe us to be as close to Hamilton doesn't mean I think the Bombers are ****. Our Internationals are better than 2013, our qb situation appears to have solidified. We have some building blocks to add onto. I just think the rebuild by MOS & Kyle Walters will be a 3 to 4 year year thing. We are a much better team than they were in 2013. I look at a team like the Argos who I think are in decline. They have guys like Ricky Ray (35) with shoulder problems & Chad Owens who is 31. They're an older team on the decline. We are a team on the way up. SPuDS, that's my true feelings about the Bombers. Don't misconstrue what I said into something negative. I'm hopeful that we can be serious playoff contenders in the West. I think BC can be had, the Riders are also getting old & I really don't believe the Eskimos are a 12-6 team. 

Wow, who's the trained seal around here more than SPuDs?? I just think anyone saying that Hamilton isn't much further ahead than us is daft. There's being a fan & then there's being a total complete buy in, believe everything the team says, fan boy like you are, SPuDs. I believe that we're on the right track but are still a few years away from competing seriously for the Grey Cup. Just getting into the playoffs in 2015 will be an accomplishment. I'll take the playoffs. That's the next big step for this team.

It's the offseason, there is no company line to tow here ISO. Sorry I don't question every move, consider everything through angry, bitter glasses and assume that our team season in and season out is ran by a bunch of idiots. I try to look at things positively.. I don't think we will be a grey cup contender next season either.. Shocker, right? I agree, a playoff berth would be awesome. Trained seal tho ISO, really? That's excessive. There is lots of things I've questioned and things I've felt negatively about.. I just choose to look on the brighter side of things unlike yourself who seems to love to pontificate about all the negative stuff you seem to find going on... I'd hasten to point out how hard you whinied about the bombers not keeping you..er, sorry, the fans in the loop and how stupid they were for not firing etch.. Then you had the audacity to suggest the team was wrong for doing it how they did!

As you know Iso the SMS jumped last season and goes up only 10% for 2015. Austin has already said they are in cap hell now. They are going to have some tough decisions.

Yeah, we'll have to see what happens. Isn't it amazing that it seems the only team who never has this problem are the Riders? Yet they have more veterans & are an older team across the board so they're payroll should be bigger than the Ti Cats. 

As you know Iso the SMS jumped last season and goes up only 10% for 2015. Austin has already said they are in cap hell now. They are going to have some tough decisions.

Yeah, we'll have to see what happens. Isn't it amazing that it seems the only team who never has this problem are the Riders? Yet they have more veterans & are an older team across the board so they're payroll should be bigger than the Ti Cats. 

Actually the Riders had this very problem last season when they lost several players because of cap issues.  Craig Butler being a big name that comes to mind.

SPuDS, let's be clear. All I said was that I believe that the Bombers aren't as close to the Ti Cats as some here believe. It wasn't a criticism. It was factual in my opinion. I have no idea how saying something like that can upset people when it's true. We won 7 games & had an eight game losing streak going before we beat the Stamps in Calgary. I was being realistic. It had nothing to do with criticizing the direction of the team, coaching or management. It was what it was, just an opinion. You said calling you a trained seal was excessive & you're right so I do apologize but at the same time what I said about the team wasn't meant to be a bad thing. In the end, I'm more pragmatic than you are. I will question & criticize. Doesn't mean that we both aren't true fans who want the Bombers to be a success. I walk around Calgary wearing my home Dieter Brock jersey just like you would if you lived out here. I have got a few snickers behind my back but that's okay because I know that Stamps fans, next to Argo fans are the most fair weather in the entire CFL. When the team starts losing, they'll abandon the Stamps like they have the plague. The other thing is that most Stamps fans think my last name is Brock when I wear that jersey so I get a good laugh out of that. Bottom line is that at the end of the day you & I want the same thing. For this team to be a winner. 

SPuDS, let's be clear. All I said was that I believe that the Bombers aren't as close to the Ti Cats as some here believe. It wasn't a criticism. It was factual in my opinion. I have no idea how saying something like that can upset people when it's true. We won 7 games & had an eight game losing streak going before we beat the Stamps in Calgary. I was being realistic. It had nothing to do with criticizing the direction of the team, coaching or management. It was what it was, just an opinion. You said calling you a trained seal was excessive & you're right so I do apologize but at the same time what I said about the team wasn't meant to be a bad thing. In the end, I'm more pragmatic than you are. I will question & criticize. Doesn't mean that we both aren't true fans who want the Bombers to be a success. I walk around Calgary wearing my home Dieter Brock jersey just like you would if you lived out here. I have got a few snickers behind my back but that's okay because I know that Stamps fans, next to Argo fans are the most fair weather in the entire CFL. When the team starts losing, they'll abandon the Stamps like they have the plague. The other thing is that most Stamps fans think my last name is Brock when I wear that jersey so I get a good laugh out of that. Bottom line is that at the end of the day you & I want the same thing. For this team to be a winner. 

:mellow:

:mellow:

Merry Xmas, Mike.