Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

I'd LOVE to get Nik Lewis.

...because you need tips on how to gain weight so you can go on worker's comp?? #YourWindowToWeightGain #JustEmptyVitamins

Because he's a locker room leader, an experienced veteran that could be a bridge solution while our scouts dig up a receiver and get him some experience, not to mention he's pretty much exactly the type of receiver we need?

*fart noise* ....no thanks. Maybe it's too much time living around Calgary and having to hear about this guy everywhere you go. This is not someone I want on the Bombers. Really hoping he'd just retire. Milt doesn't like the guy, I don't like the guy...

Purportedly, Korey Banks was the same type of player in February 2014.  Locker room leader, experienced veteran, bridge solution... 

The guy's made his living over the middle taking hits and breaking tackles... that takes a toll on a guy's body over time. 

I'm not sure WPG's rebuild is even the right place for him, but even if we were, I'd pass. A lot of injury risk that won't come at a cheap enough price.

He's a better, American version of Corey Watson. My life won't change based on whether we do or don't sign him, but he wouldn't be a terrible add. He has a more unique skill set that Ernest Jackson does. That's a type of receiver that we should be able to scout.

...and preferably one that isn't built like Bryan Guebert....

He's a better, American version of Corey Watson. My life won't change based on whether we do or don't sign him, but he wouldn't be a terrible add. He has a more unique skill set that Ernest Jackson does. That's a type of receiver that we should be able to scout.

...and preferably one that isn't built like Bryan Guebert....

ALL football players should be built like Brian Guebert.

@ArashMadani: BREAKING: Expect the #BCLions to announce a contract extension by noon Tuesday for Solomon Elimimian, the #CFL MVP.

@ArashMadani: Solomon Elimimian’s contract expires at noon ET Tuesday. He would have been a free agent, except the Lions and #CFL did not make that public

Hopefully talks fall apart last minute...