Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

I wish you guys would just ignore him.  He'll eventually just go away on his own.

He won't. That's the problem.And it's why he keeps coming back. What a low life. Thanks to Rich for banning him.AGAIN!!

I wish you guys would just ignore him.  He'll eventually just go away on his own.

He won't. That's the problem.And it's why he keeps coming back. What a low life. Thanks to Rich for banning him.AGAIN!!

That's the thing. Ignore him and he becomes even more inflammatory, hijacks more threads etc. Thanks Rich for looking into this. We appreciate the due diligence in protecting the integrity of the site.

Cory McDiarmid has returned to #Riders as assistant special teams coach. Wad linebackers coach with #Bombers in 2014.

Cory McDiarmid has returned to #Riders as assistant special teams coach. Wad linebackers coach with #Bombers in 2014.

Not a big surprise. This was the rumor for a month or so now.

Riders announce their full coaching staff. No Barron Miles.

Chamblin - head coach

Chapdelain - offensive coordinator

Dorazio - offensive line

Tucker - receivers

Cobourne - runningbacks

Quick - defensive coordinator

Sinclair - defensive line

Missick - defensive backs

Pettaway - linebackers

Dyce - special teams

McDiarmid - asst. special teams

As expected no Barron Miles.  I'm sure he is headed to Winnipeg to be with Hall.    Sinclair and Missick are great additions. Would have loved to see Dyce get canned, I really don't know how he keeps a job here after failing at two separate coaching positions IMO.  Think Dyce is Chamblin yes man.

Meh, Miles doesn't have the best reputation with Rider fans. With Knox here as a DB coach, I'm not sure where Miles really fits in. Could he land here as a defensive assistant? Maybe.

(Don't get me wrong, I still want him here. I just don't know if it will happen and I don't know if he's really as good as we think he is.)

Yeah, was just gonna mention that, Miles seems to be a DB coach and we already have one apparently, i mean, was knox officially announced as the db coach? Or was that just a CJOB thing? is it official that he is the db coach or could he be something else? 

Not sure there is a spot for Miles here, i still would like to have him here too but... DL? nah, LB? doubt it.. defensive assistant? makes sense i suppose... special teams coach? Unless we can Tracy or he becomes a positional coach like DL or LB instead, not sure i see where Miles fits. 

Yeah, was just gonna mention that, Miles seems to be a DB coach and we already have one apparently, i mean, was knox officially announced as the db coach? Or was that just a CJOB thing? is it official that he is the db coach or could he be something else? 

Not sure there is a spot for Miles here, i still would like to have him here too but... DL? nah, LB? doubt it.. defensive assistant? makes sense i suppose... special teams coach? Unless we can Tracy or he becomes a positional coach like DL or LB instead, not sure i see where Miles fits. 

That's what I was thinking too.  For all we know, Knox could be the DL or LB coach.  Bob Irving seems to make lots of errors in his reporting so wouldn't surprise me if Knox isn't the DB coach after all. 

http://bluebombers.com/coaching-staff

No help there at all, not update at all.. Mcdiarmid still listed as LB coach actually which is kind of funny considering he just signed on with the Riders.

No Official announcement yet i guess, i guess all we really know is Knox is going to  be on the defensive staff, just don't know what postiion he will be coaching

That's the thing. Ignore him and he becomes even more inflammatory, hijacks more threads etc. Thanks Rich for looking into this. We appreciate the due diligence in protecting the integrity of the site.

Unfortunately, this is true.. Ignoring his schtick only makes him try harder.. He becomes more trolling and antagonistic.. Makes it hard to just bite the tongue and report.. But glad rich was on it quickly and he was punted before he became even more of a nuisance..

But who am I supposed to argue with now?

My feelings are hurt. I'm not good enough to argue with? :)

Unfortunately you use just a tad bit of logic where it's hard to argue with you for being a Rider fan ;)

If you want to argue with a Rider fan on an equal basis, it will take at least 26oz of Johnny Walker or a prefrontal lobotomy,

If there's one thing guaranteed to make a class of Canadian second-graders giggle, it's asking them the capital of Saskatchewan. And apparently, that works on fully-grown football fans too.

After Seattle Seahawks' player Jon Ryan revealed at Super Bowl XLIX that his alma mater was the University of Regina, many viewers thought he had said "University of ******."