Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Do any of you think you will lose Sears in free agency? I could see some interest in him around the league.

Sounds like he is as good as gone.

There's always a few players that re-sign with their original teams after free agency opens.  For some it's just that they needed a bit more time to get a deal done, others quickly realize the bags of money aren't showing up anytime soon.

And there might be a few guys signed later on who will be making less than they did previously, but teams don't want to commit to them yet in the hopes of finding someone better.  Maybe Cornell and Volny end up back for training camp.  If they do, it won't be because Walters didn't explore other options, and it won't be because they turned down huge cash elsewhere to stay here.

If Jones had made it to free agency, I would have expected BC to make a pretty big push for him, despite Buono's insistence that free agency isn't his thing.

I agree. Next to us, BC may be the team with the most need along their OL. They definitely could use a Centre. Surprised they didn't offer some resistance for us on Picard.

It's Mark Henry from WWE.

Anyways, looks like January is done with the bombers according to bob irving. That's fine. I wonder if that's the end of the line for  Glenn. Not sure what team would give him a chance to be honest. Wonder if old Glenn knows his time is up now too and like so many others before him, will retire and make Winnipeg his home, eventho i believe it already is. 

Tristan Jackson and Kevin Regimbald extend with Riders.  Riders trade kicker John Mark to Ottawa for conditional 2016 pick

I had no doubt that Jackson would stay in Regina. The Mark trade is a bit interesting in that  the Rider really don't have a kicker, O'Neill is mediocre at best and Milo is going downhill, Quinn Sharp ???? who knows. Depending on how high or low the conditional pick is, Desjardins actually made a decent trade.  :blink:

Tristan Jackson and Kevin Regimbald extend with Riders.  Riders trade kicker John Mark to Ottawa for conditional 2016 pick

I had no doubt that Jackson would stay in Regina. The Mark trade is a bit interesting in that  the Rider really don't have a kicker, O'Neill is mediocre at best and Milo is going downhill, Quinn Sharp ???? who knows. Depending on how high or low the conditional pick is, Desjardins actually made a decent trade.  :blink:

Agreed. I would have sent fatboy slim to Ottawa and kept John Mark. He had a good camp with us last year.

Asked a couple people this morning who the number one target for Winnipeg will be tomorrow.

Answer was the same every time.

<----------------------------------------------------------

Stanley Bryant in a Bomber uniform already ?

Mike, I have to ask, are you clairvoyant ?

Asked a couple people this morning who the number one target for Winnipeg will be tomorrow.

Answer was the same every time.

<----------------------------------------------------------

Stanley Bryant in a Bomber uniform already ?

Mike, I have to ask, are you clairvoyant ?

No I just have MS Paint. :)