Lauren Kroeker

Carl the cat

Yea. After high school I had a really good friend who I went to University with, after a year I decided to go to Community College. For the next couple years every time I saw him he would act really conceited and tell me how I screwed up and was wasting my time. Told me not to come asking him for a loan when we got older. Needless to say, we didn't hang out much after that.

Some years later, I was a successful business man, and the phone rang. It was him. He had just been laid off from his sales job at Eatons and the bank was about to foreclose on him. He didn't ask for a loan.....but he came hat in hand asking for a job. LOL. After a heaping pile of crow was eaten, and a HUGE apology I hired him and I am POSITIVE he would be the first to agree with your post.

Yea. After high school I had a really good friend who I went to University with, after a year I decided to go to Community College. For the next couple years every time I saw him he would act really conceited and tell me how I screwed up and was wasting my time. Told me not to come asking him for a loan when we got older. Needless to say, we didn't hang out much after that.

Some years later, I was a successful business man, and the phone rang. It was him. He had just been laid off from his sales job at Eatons and the bank was about to foreclose on him. He didn't ask for a loan.....but he came hat in hand asking for a job. LOL. After a heaping pile of crow was eaten, and a HUGE apology I hired him and I am POSITIVE he would be the first to agree with your post.

Was your friend's name Lauren Kroeker?

looking down your nose at community (clown) college types is a required course for completing any degree, though McArts degrees are doing it purely to have that sense of smugness and no real career prospects. 

looking down your nose at community (clown) college types is a required course for completing any degree, though McArts degrees are doing it purely to have that sense of smugness and no real career prospects. 

I haven't found this amongst at least 90% or so of my friends with "McArts" degree. There are a few, but they are rare.

In fact, I know many *many* people who have completed University degrees and then gone onto Red River to get a degree in something more practical. Which I wouldn't say means the University degree is a "waste", either -- education in any form is never really a waste (I personally get all of mine, save one year of University and another year in a technical college, via self-education). But I think most people realize that most arts (and many sciences) degrees aren't going to automatically land you any kind of a job, where as community or technical college will most likely get you work right away.

Kroeker's degree in nursing, however, will likely translate into a decent-paying job right away, but not likely more than a rookie CFL contract if he makes the 46-man roster. And the top end (in the short term) is much higher as a potential Canadian starter, so why not go for it and come back to nursing afterwards?

Also, if Sportsnet could arse themselves to figure out how Kroeker is pronounced, that would be great...

To be fair, I've heard Kroeker pronounced both ways.  And Goossen.

He had a really solid playoff run from what I saw, but having his name show up on Montreal's neg list might not even amount to a training camp invitation.  Names go on and off those things all the time, from what I understand.

I'm no scout but that Nigerian dude on the Bison interior Dline, if we could develop what he showed on some plays, well he had some impressive snaps out there.

Also, if Sportsnet could arse themselves to figure out how Kroeker is pronounced, that would be great...

He had a really solid playoff run from what I saw, but having his name show up on Montreal's neg list might not even amount to a training camp invitation.  Names go on and off those things all the time, from what I understand.

I'm no scout but that Nigerian dude on the Bison interior Dline, if we could develop what he showed on some plays, well he had some impressive snaps out there.

David Onyemata...With his size and athleticism... if he develops into a real football player he may be playing a little further south than Winnipeg...

Onyemata. I like that dude. I hope the Bombers can get their hand on him when he is eligible to be drafted.

Too add, I read an article, that he never played football before when he first joined the Bisons.

David Onyemata...With his size and athleticism... if he develops into a real football player he may be playing a little further south than Winnipeg...

That's my take too but who knows. If Bilukidi will turn out  to be a Bombers next year. It doesn't hurt to wait for a couple of years for them to learn a lot on NFL camps before coming here in the CFL.

His draft year was 2013.

Thanks Jacquie!  I asked Arash Madani this same question on twitter, but all he had to say was "BOOM goes the dynamite!".

If he went undrafted in the CFL draft, doesn't that mean he's a free agent (similar to how we got Hajrullahu)? I posed the same question to Arash on Twitter and got no response.

His draft year was 2013.

Thanks Jacquie!  I asked Arash Madani this same question on twitter, but all he had to say was "BOOM goes the dynamite!".

If he went undrafted in the CFL draft, doesn't that mean he's a free agent (similar to how we got Hajrullahu)? I posed the same question to Arash on Twitter and got no response.

Hajrullahu was on our negotiation list.

A CFL free agent who has never played here before can be on a neg list, Canadian or American.

That's my take too but who knows. If Bilukidi will turn out  to be a Bombers next year. It doesn't hurt to wait for a couple of years for them to learn a lot on NFL camps before coming here in the CFL.

You can tell the reason he looks good in CIS is cuz he's so huge and athletic... he has a long way to go before he even has CFL potential, let alone NFL potential... but with the right coaching, he has the physical skills to play at the highest level...

They signed a girl? She a kicker?

Considering Lauren`s size, gender and the position he played, I would be vary careful about casting aspersions about his masculinity. He might tear your arm off and beat you to death with it.

I aint scurred.