Semi Final Sunday

Zontar

If Heenan has NFL aspirations he better pray that team don't watch film of him on Sunday. He got beat like a rented mule for 4 quarters by Odell. Picard was pushed around. I had not seen a front 4 physically dominate a very good oline like that for a while.  

Edmonton didn't "win", Riders "lost".

ahh the rallying cry of the loser. 

Sorry but that's just not true. Edmonton won the game by doing just enough to win. I know you're trying to put a positive spin on things, but your team was outclassed yesterday bottom line. 

Being positive??? Basically saying my team sucked ass isn't being positive. But Edmonton did not play well.

Nicholls has probably played himself off this team for next year. 

They do have a love affair for Pat White, but hes absolutely awful. They should've kept Crompton as number three.

Ahhh, another one. Who said he should have stayed at backup? Who said he had the best arm on the team? Someone who watched him every week for a year, that's all. Game was fricken cold too. BTW boys you seem to have missed it - but divine interventions stepped in. See - Patrick Watkins, the all world (CFL wise) corner got a bit banged up. When he left the game, that put the Eskie secondary in shambles, and Joseph was able to exploit it. 

ISO - loved youru post about Nichols and the fact he couldn't do anything with the 'gifts' he was given. Funny how you change your tune so frackin fast - so why didn't you speak like that about Willy? I did cause it was true. Our D turns the ball over, Willy turns it right back, but it's not "Willy's" fault. Hypocritical is all I can say. 

Having an onside gunner might not be terrible if you can find a punter with a lot of hang time

Question..

Onside "gunner" decides to not go for ball but balls to the wall to hit the return man.. As he is onside there is no 5 yard budget zone... Technically speaking couldn't this play be one designed to just tee the bleep off on the return man?

Basically the same rules on onside players on any kick, just think of a kickoff.  You can't interfere with a guy who is trying to receive a kick, but ya, if you can get there right after he catches it you are legal to hit him if you were onside when the ball was kicked.  Onside guys also have a right to catch the kick in the air so if they go for it and get interfered with that could be a penalty on the "receiving" team.

It was 36-3 midway through the 3rd quarter. There was no reason for Crompton to put the ball up for the majority of the second half, which is a big reason why his passing yardage wasn't super awesome.

Also, Brink and Marsh both got significant garbage time. Neither threw a pass.

Sorry but that's just not true. Edmonton won the game by doing just enough to win. I know you're trying to put a positive spin on things, but your team was outclassed yesterday bottom line. 

Being positive??? Basically saying my team sucked ass isn't being positive. But Edmonton did not play well.

Disparaging the opposition and taking the attitude "well we only lost cause we played poorly that's all" is trying to put a positive spin on things. In classic Rider fan tradition, doesn't matter what the other team does, it's all about us!!!!

Game revealed a whole lot more than just the need for Durant. Team is a mess right now. With the luxury of hindsight If the Prider org. was that serious about a title defense and quality control its hard to see where - other than the D-line which they bought last year.

If Edmonton was THAT good against a crappy team like us, the score would have been way greater than it was.

Their offence did not do much. Most of their points came from Joseph's picks. Minus those and they would have lost.

I somewhat agree with you.

However with a healthy Reilly playing the score would of been lopsided and Edmonton would of blown them away.

So you could say that Nichols almost " lost" the game for Edmonton.

Disparaging the opposition and taking the attitude "well we only lost cause we played poorly that's all" is trying to put a positive spin on things. In classic Rider fan tradition, doesn't matter what the other team does, it's all about us!!!!

Edmonton's defence WAS good I will say. It saved the game from going to us. But neither teams' offence contributed a lot, and neither would be ANY match to Calgary's powerhouse offence.

That being said, solid defence will be a major key to this coming game. But you can't play the "one but not the other" style play against Calgary. It's all or nothing. Even if your defence is strong, if you don't cash it in at some point, they'll get lucky.

Crompton is the CFL version of Trent Dilfer. Don't do anything stupid to interfere with the defense winning you games. To his credit, he's not doing anything stupid to lose them games.

The stat I like about Crompton is that he threw six picks in his first three games but just three picks in the eight games since (including the semifinal)

The guy has cleaned up his game real nice. Whether it's the coaching making the game simpler for him or him just making better decisions, that seems like a pretty impressive turnaround.

Also, Montreal beat Calgary pretty bad in the back half of the season. Their turnaround wasn't all a mirage.

Crompton is the CFL version of Trent Dilfer. Don't do anything stupid to interfere with the defense winning you games. To his credit, he's not doing anything stupid to lose them games.

The stat I like about Crompton is that he threw six picks in his first three games but just three picks in the eight games since (including the semifinal)

The guy has cleaned up his game real nice. Whether it's the coaching making the game simpler for him or him just making better decisions, that seems like a pretty impressive turnaround.

Also, Montreal beat Calgary pretty bad in the back half of the season. Their turnaround wasn't all a mirage.

but was that not a game in which Calgary wasn't playing BLM and Cornish? 

Fair enough, although I'd say that the dropoff from BLM to Tate shouldn't be that big, Tate has looked good most times he's played and he'd be a starter somewhere in the CFL if he could figure out how to stay on the field. And Walters had a pretty good game, he ran for 88 yards, almost 7 yards a carry, so the Stamps definitely had a capable running game going.

I'm fine with Crompton but only if TSN stops showering him with praise for doing routine, everyday things pro QBs are expected to do. I know the league and TSN want to pump up and coming QBs but, geez, let him throw a 300 yard game first.

What's with the infatuation with 300 yard games?    The leaders in this stat. were Ray and Willy, despite the flying pigskins neither managed to secure a playoff spot for their teams.  In the end oddly wins seem to count more than passing yards.

I'm fine with Crompton but only if TSN stops showering him with praise for doing routine, everyday things pro QBs are expected to do. I know the league and TSN want to pump up and coming QBs but, geez, let him throw a 300 yard game first.

What's with the infatuation with 300 yard games?    The leaders in this stat. were Ray and Willy, despite the flying pigskins neither managed to secure a playoff spot for their teams.  In the end oddly wins seem to count more than passing yards.

Since we're playing chicken and egg...Michael Bishop: 11-1

but was that not a game in which Calgary wasn't playing BLM and Cornish? 

They still managed to beat everybody else without those two.