Als @ TiCats / Riders @ Eskis - The Final Showdown

USABomberfan

Another sub 60 per cent completion percentage effort from Crompton today, and his second 50 per cent or under performance. Quite the juggernaut this guy is...11/23 for 160 yards. Fascinating.

trollface_by_deniskaPWNZ.png

So 4 for 10 and 22 yards is what exactly?

What is "kptkrunch's sole stat line to try and insult Willy?" Alex.

Another sub 60 per cent completion percentage effort from Crompton today, and his second 50 per cent or under performance. Quite the juggernaut this guy is...11/23 for 160 yards. Fascinating.

One is a rare occurrence, the other is a trend. Not surprised that would be too much for you to grasp, nevermind the face that, that statline is one half of football.

In Hamilton - It's all or nothing for the Tiger Cats.  Win today and they will win the East, but lose and they will be eliminated.  For Montreal, a win today would cap off a huge season of turnarounds for team that seemed all but lost midway though the season, yet they've now surpassed the 500 mark and would get an improbable 10 wins by winning today.  Hell of a game coming here.

In Edmonton - What do the Esks want to do?  Do they want to go into conservative mode and sit their starters and prepare to play the Riders next week, or do they want to send the men in green out east should Darrian Durant come back next week?  Either way they'll be hosting the east semifinal to one of those 2 teams.

If the Riders had lost tonight, they would be 9-9.  They split the season series with B.C. and they won the point differential by 9 points.

Am I missing something? Would they not have finished third even if they lost today?

In Hamilton - It's all or nothing for the Tiger Cats.  Win today and they will win the East, but lose and they will be eliminated.  For Montreal, a win today would cap off a huge season of turnarounds for team that seemed all but lost midway though the season, yet they've now surpassed the 500 mark and would get an improbable 10 wins by winning today.  Hell of a game coming here.

In Edmonton - What do the Esks want to do?  Do they want to go into conservative mode and sit their starters and prepare to play the Riders next week, or do they want to send the men in green out east should Darrian Durant come back next week?  Either way they'll be hosting the east semifinal to one of those 2 teams.

If the Riders had lost tonight, they would be 9-9.  They split the season series with B.C. and they won the point differential by 9 points.

Am I missing something? Would they not have finished third even if they lost today?

They lost to BC by 13 and won by four. They lost the point differential not won it.

They lost to BC by 13 and won by four. They lost the point differential not won it.

I really must stop crunching stats while drinking scotch...

Mark H., on 08 Nov 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 08 Nov 2014 - 1:20 PM, said:

Something like that.  Moot point anyway though since they won.

So ..... BC vs Montreal and Saskatchewan vs Edmonton next week.

I really must stop crunching stats while drinking scotch...

that sounds like the best time to be crunching stats. 

What is "kptkrunch's sole stat line to try and insult Willy?" Alex.

No - Mr. P's trying to run down Crompton and now that he had a bad game he's all over him - so I'm asking him a legit question. And it's not the only stat line Wily has like that. It's quite hypocritical I find to run down one guy who has 'better' numbers, is younger, and is less experienced, then our own guy who frankly shat the bed the last half of the year. Regardless of the excuse why- it is what it is. So I'm asking the question. I'm curious how one stat line can be 'excused' and another isn't. Fair enough I think. But as usual - no answer just insult the poster. Epic fail.

Crompton will never be anything more than an average QB.  Probably looks better than that because of the horrible display put on by Troy Smith and Alex Brink earlier this season.  Of course, you can win with an average Qb provided you have an excellent defense, a good o-line, excellent receivers and great running back.  Bombers proved this in 1990 with Burgess at the helm.  Als seem to have all the pieces with possible exception of running back (not sure of injury status there) and O-line (not sure if I would categorize as good..say top 3 in the league, or average..say top 4-5 in the league).