Durant likely to return this season

Migs

The 1st round offer for Burris was a tweet from Madani with no credible source.

Vanstone also saying they were after Burris.

http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2014/09/29/riders-inquired-about-burris/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Yup they had exploratory talks, just like they likely had with other teams about other QBs.

They made an offer. You can rag on Madani all you want, but anyone who knows the history he has with Taman knows that he's likely getting this info straight from the front office.

Offer =/= exploratory talks.

You can call it what you want but it's already been pointed out to you that actions speak louder than words. They made an offer for Burris where they would have given up a first round pick and then some. That's a pretty loud action.

Do you honestly think Taman is dumb enough to leak info about an offer for a player that is despised by the fanbase? Cmon Mike you're smarter than that. Remember, Madani is also close with Desjardins, remember the Dressler $250K offer scoop?

Nevertheless Burris isn't coming & the Riders would not say Durants prognosis is good for a return if it wasn't.

Madani was Bombers Communications/PR guy during Taman run there....super tight. Text regularly...not that it means anything, but just sayin'...

Why would Taman leak info about the offer for a player that was supposedly rejected knowing that a large portion of the fanbase can't stand the player in question? Sorry not buying it, Taman has nothing to gain by that.

Madani was Bombers Communications/PR guy during Taman run there....super tight. Text regularly...not that it means anything, but just sayin'...

Why would Taman leak info about the offer for a player that was supposedly rejected knowing that a large portion of the fanbase can't stand the player in question? Sorry not buying it, Taman has nothing to gain by that.

Madani is tight with Ottawa. He is very tight with Taman too. 

Taman's also the boss -- do you really think he cares THAT much what you and the melon crew think?

Taman's paid to win. Something you won't do with Tito Sunshine. 

Turning in to a sask based fan site here it seems, Not sure i like that too much. Way too many topics about SASK on here but regardless, Seems pretty obvious Durant is done for the year, regardless of what a rider fan or 2 thinks. Pretty obvious that the deal Sask made with Ottawa or proposed deal with Ottawa for Buriss is legit, I mean, it's been reported by more than just Madani. Doesn't make sense to even propose that trade if you think Durant will be back this season, Fact is.. He won't be and the only reason Chamblin and whoever else "believes he might be" is because they have seen that Rider team give up and fold the last 2 weeks without Durant so they are just trying to give their other players a reason for optimism, Don't give up guys, Darian will be back soon. But reality is, he won't be. 

Pretty obvious watching SASK the last 2 weeks that based on the other players body language and all that stuff, they are done like dinner without durant and they know it.

Maybe if the coaches showed half as much faith in their backups as they do in durant "maybe returning this year", that maybe just maybe those backups could get the job done, it's not like Durant was lighting it up this year, he was just managing the game and basically letting the running game win games for them. Sask is last in the league in passing yards per game are they not? Without a passing game you can't win in this league consistently and that's just being proven now. Honestly, even if Durant wasn't hurt, i still think the riders would be struggling right now, Teams have caught on to them, take away the run and make them beat you with the pass and they can't do it. 

There is a very good reason the media in Winnipeg absolutely loves Brendan Taman still, it's because he is very open with them, he always told them a lot. It's part of why they hated Kelly and Mack so much, both guys basically told the media to go **** themselves. 

why does any gm in any league leak  trade rumors to the media? It's not like it's CFL specific here, it happens in every sport. The reason is quite simple, so then that GM can say he at least tried to get something done but didn't have a willing partner. This is all about Taman being able to say, well at least i tried.... 

What was there to lose in telling Madani after Desjardins had told Taman to go fly a whatever? 

,"Yet another rumor surfacing in Twitterland from the media is that the Shmoes and Riders are currently in talks to trade Nichols for one of Bagg/Getzlaf. Nothing says, "despite what we told you today Durant is out for the foreseeable future" more than the Riders trying to pry any QB they can away from anyone for star NIs or 1st round picks. Sorry Migs, this Durant will be back talk is just window dressing to try improve the Riders position in a trade.

,"Yet another rumor surfacing in Twitterland from the media is that the Shmoes and Riders are currently in talks to trade Nichols for one of Bagg/Getzlaf. Nothing says, "despite what we told you today Durant is out for the foreseeable future" more than the Riders trying to pry any QB they can away from anyone for star NIs or 1st round picks. Sorry Migs, this Durant will be back talk is just window dressing to try improve the Riders position in a trade.

At this point I just can't see any teams other than Ottawa trading away QB depth. On the other hand, if they offered a first rounder for Brohm... :)

At this point I just can't see any teams other than Ottawa trading away QB depth. On the other hand, if they offered a first rounder for Brohm... :)

Well Montreal might be willing to part with Brink or Smith... but does that really count as depth at this point?

Edmonton signed Paris Jackson, which seems to confirm they were looking for a Canadian R.

And still, no one wants to sign Jade Etienne. Sad.

I thought he was decent last year. I'm a little surprised that he's out of the league completely. He's far better than a guy like Hargreaves who's managed to stick around for years now.

Edmonton signed Paris Jackson, which seems to confirm they were looking for a Canadian R.

And still, no one wants to sign Jade Etienne. Sad.

I thought he was decent last year. I'm a little surprised that he's out of the league completely. He's far better than a guy like Hargreaves who's managed to stick around for years now.

Hargreaves was an excellent blocker! :)

Turning in to a sask based fan site here it seems, Not sure i like that too much. Way too many topics about SASK on here but regardless, Seems pretty obvious Durant is done for the year, regardless of what a rider fan or 2 thinks. Pretty obvious that the deal Sask made with Ottawa or proposed deal with Ottawa for Buriss is legit, I mean, it's been reported by more than just Madani. Doesn't make sense to even propose that trade if you think Durant will be back this season, Fact is.. He won't be and the only reason Chamblin and whoever else "believes he might be" is because they have seen that Rider team give up and fold the last 2 weeks without Durant so they are just trying to give their other players a reason for optimism, Don't give up guys, Darian will be back soon. But reality is, he won't be. 

Pretty obvious watching SASK the last 2 weeks that based on the other players body language and all that stuff, they are done like dinner without durant and they know it.

Maybe if the coaches showed half as much faith in their backups as they do in durant "maybe returning this year", that maybe just maybe those backups could get the job done, it's not like Durant was lighting it up this year, he was just managing the game and basically letting the running game win games for them. Sask is last in the league in passing yards per game are they not? Without a passing game you can't win in this league consistently and that's just being proven now. Honestly, even if Durant wasn't hurt, i still think the riders would be struggling right now, Teams have caught on to them, take away the run and make them beat you with the pass and they can't do it.

This funk reminds me a lot of last season (hell we got smoked by the Bombers), remember when you guys wrote the Riders off after that? Sorry to inform you that Durant will be back before the end of the regular season.

God if Riderfans weren't so oblivious to the way things happen in pro sports they wouldn't say such completely asinine things about their team. 

Bomber fans may be a negative lot but at least they don't sound like they were born in the back of a turnip truck.

So Durant won't be back this season? What do you know that the Riders' doctors don't?