Argos @ Leos - GDT - Burke's D vs Glenn

USABomberfan

Haven't heard the Argos injury report lately, but with Durie, Owens, and Barnes in town again, will Ricky Ray's offense be able to do enough to curb Bighill and the Leo's D?

Bigger story is, the Argos D has been in the crapper all year, and once again Burke is on the CFL hot seat.  What is he going to do to try and mitigate the problems done in Toronto?[/q

After watching this game, I just officially became a Chad Owens fan. Great team attitude, good energy, awesome athlletitism. Can't stand the head coach though, comes across as a major d@ck that wears it as a badge of honor, pathetic imo

Toronto's coming together at the right time.  Should have beaten Calgary last week.  Easily beat BC last night in BC.  If they can stay relatively healthy the rest of the season, they will be hard to handle.

It really depends on Ray.  He used to be much more consistent but now he will lay a big fat egg every now and again (second half of last year's EDF for example).

Toronto's coming together at the right time. Should have beaten Calgary last week. Easily beat BC last night in BC. If they can stay relatively healthy the rest of the season, they will be hard to handle.

It really depends on Ray. He used to be much more consistent but now he will lay a big fat egg every now and again (second half of last year's EDF for example).
still the best QB in the league and by a large margin, at that...

Toronto's coming together at the right time. Should have beaten Calgary last week. Easily beat BC last night in BC. If they can stay relatively healthy the rest of the season, they will be hard to handle.

It really depends on Ray. He used to be much more consistent but now he will lay a big fat egg every now and again (second half of last year's EDF for example).

Well I think he is probably the best it certainly isn't by a wide margin anymore.  When he's on he's darn near unbeatable but Ricky Ray has had his share of bed crappings in recent memory.  

Well I think he is probably the best it certainly isn't by a wide margin anymore.  When he's on he's darn near unbeatable but Ricky Ray has had his share of bed crappings in recent memory.  

The margin might be wider now than it has been in quite a while truthfully. With no Calvillo and Burris being pretty washed up right now who is challenging him? Only Durant left as a proven guy and I know this will break your little Rider fan heart, but Ray is much better than Durant, and I say this as one of the few people around here who doesn't mindless **** on Durant just for being green.

The margin might be wider now than it has been in quite a while truthfully. With no Calvillo and Burris being pretty washed up right now who is challenging him? Only Durant left as a proven guy and I know this will break your little Rider fan heart, but Ray is much better than Durant, and I say this as one of the few people around here who doesn't mindless **** on Durant just for being green.

Your condescension at times is more then a little annoying.  Actually, Darian is but one of a few quarterbacks who are close to Ray's dominance level (remember, I do think Ray is the best).  Mitchell, DD, and Reilly are not that far off and in a season or two Willy may be there as well. 

Williams absolutely should have been ejected from last night's game, and ought to be fined and maybe even suspended for that deliberate intent to injure. It was completely dangerous.

And yes, Willy may well be the heir to Ricky Ray as the best pure quarterback in the league. If he put on 10-15 pounds of muscle, he would have the NFL all over him in a year or two.

Back to the original topic: after last night, the CFL just got a whole lot more interesting. Toronto should make the playoffs and with RR behind centre they are quite capable for going on a roll. I expect the Stamps to lose unexpectedly at some point. Also, they may go into the playoffs having played several meaningless games. The Edmonton D could wreak havoc in bad weather. Much to be determined yet...

What mfranc's posts tell me is that he's MASSIVELY underrated Ray. Ray is the best QB this league has seen since Flutie/Garcia/Dickenson. AINEC. The fact that people considered AC in his same level is laughable. As Suitor said last night, Ray is likely the most accurate passer in the leagues history. He's also done more with less than likely any other QB.

What mfranc's posts tell me is that he's MASSIVELY underrated Ray. Ray is the best QB this league has seen since Flutie/Garcia/Dickenson. AINEC. The fact that people considered AC in his same level is laughable. As Suitor said last night, Ray is likely the most accurate passer in the leagues history. He's also done more with less than likely any other QB.

Ricky Ray will go down as a Top Five (maybe Top Three) quarterback.  I am truly not underrating him.  In fact, I rate him as the best QB presently playing.  The fact remains is that he is not at the same level he was even two seasons ago.

Williams absolutely should have been ejected from last night's game, and ought to be fined and maybe even suspended for that deliberate intent to injure. It was completely dangerous.

And yes, Willy may well be the heir to Ricky Ray as the best pure quarterback in the league. If he put on 10-15 pounds of muscle, he would have the NFL all over him in a year or two.

For a 29-30 year old QB? Don't see it.

Yeah.  Willy will be a solid starter but Ricky Ray?  C'mon man!

Yeah.  Willy will be a solid starter but Ricky Ray?  C'mon man!

Absolutely. Willy has the command presence, the good mechanics and the ability to read defenses and react. All he needs is good QB coaching and experience- lets have this conversation next year at this time.