Suber traded to Toronto

Mike

Two small men with good hearts being traded for each other.

Suber is a poor man's Richie Hall - Hall was small but fairly effective over his career. Suber is enthusiastic but too often found himself in chase positon. Perhaps a product of working behind suspect d-lines.

Thaddeus doesn't really fit the profile of what the Bombers need most. A heavy set killer who can push back strong o-line blockers and create mayhem in the opponent's backfield (ie. Doug Brown type, Bill Baker, that guy who breaks arms in BC)

Even our best bullrushing d-lineman Zach Anderson was pretty much controlled and over-powered by Bigboy Heenan. .... so I suspect Gibson is one of those guys who rarely takes the bull route to the QB - more of a juke 'n jagger like O'Dell Willis. Trouble is by the time this type of guy takes his circuitious route to the QB too much time has elapsed and most CFL QBs have released the pigskin by the time a perimeter guy arrives.

A leopard (especially long in the tooth like etch) can't change it's spots.

Two small men with good hearts being traded for each other.

Suber is a poor man's Richie Hall - Hall was small but fairly effective over his career. Suber is enthusiastic but too often found himself in chase positon. Perhaps a product of working behind suspect d-lines.

Thaddeus doesn't really fit the profile of what the Bombers need most. A heavy set killer who can push back strong o-line blockers and create mayhem in the opponent's backfield (ie. Doug Brown type, Bill Baker, that guy who breaks arms in BC)

Even our best bullrushing d-lineman Zach Anderson was pretty much controlled and over-powered by Bigboy Heenan. .... so I suspect Gibson is one of those guys who rarely takes the bull route to the QB - more of a juke 'n jagger like O'Dell Willis. Trouble is by the time this type of guy takes his circuitious route to the QB too much time has elapsed and most CFL QBs have released the pigskin by the time a perimeter guy arrives.

A leopard (especially long in the tooth like etch) can't change it's spots.

While i agree, i do see some irony in using that in a response to Nate.  Actually a heck of a lot of irony. 

Both players got a new leash of life especially Suber. He is a veteran who haven't seen a snap yet this year. He can definitely start right away for Toronto since he's familiar with Burke's D.

What?

I dont know if its grammatically correct. Lol.

But both players are burried and forgotten and rotting on the depth chart.... well, like dead.

lease on life?? ;)

I LOLed anyhow.....so great.

This part of the thread totally bottled my mind..

Both players got a new leash of life especially Suber. He is a veteran who haven't seen a snap yet this year. He can definitely start right away for Toronto since he's familiar with Burke's D.

What?

But both players are burried and forgotten and rotting on the depth chart.... well, like dead.

lease on life?? ;)

That's a mute point.

What?

lease on life?? ;)

That's a mute point.

Uhhhhh.. Nooooooo... It's a moo point..

What?

lease on life?? ;)

That's a mute point.

It's like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter.

What?

lease on life?? ;)

That's a mute point.

And if it was a mutt point, the dog wouldn't care.

I know it seems so minor, but things like that go a LONG way with players.

That is a pretty understanding/nice move by O'Shea.

BARKER IS SCREWING US OVER!!!  THIS IS BULLCRAP AND I WANT SOMEONE'S HEAD ON A PLATTER!!!  I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS TINY THING THAT HAS NO IMPACT ON MY LIFE!!!  BLAAARRRGGHHH!!!

What?  Oh, sorry.  My internet reaction setting had switched to "default rage".

I know it seems so minor, but things like that go a LONG way with players.

It goes a long way with all the players not just on our team but around the league. Players talk to each other about how they are treated by the organization and it has impact at FA time. The little things the Bombers do now to create player comfort and support will pay big dividends down the road.

I once had an excellent employee who toiled at an entry level position for 6 years for me. I never had room to promote this person and felt that I would lose him one day. Every day though there he was and I would stop and say Hi on my way to the office. One day I had a manager retire and it enabled me to move a couple employees up the food chain with well deserved promotions. He was one of them. I called him into the office and gave him the good news and he was ecstatic. I asked him why he never left to get a better job before. He told me he never even thought about it because everyday I would come in and say Hello and shoot the breeze with him. He said that made him feel comfortable staying right where he was because not many people he ever worked for ever took the time to acknowledge him. Sometimes it's the little things indeed. A couple years later I was doing an employee survey about why they decided to join my organization. Several of the employees responded that when they came to drop off resumes that this staff member had spoken so enthusiastically about working for me that it kind of clinched their interest in working there.

What?

lease on life?? ;)

That's a mute point.

"It's moo"

Am I the only one that caught the Friends reference?

Oh, and it's moot point, not a mute point.

• 1 month later...

So Suber has 3 games under his belt with the Argos already and we have yet to see Gibson?

He's afraid to practice against our OL...yep that'd do it...

I've noticed that other teams' defensive linemen are so fearful of our O-linemen that they get past them as quickly as possible- very quickly, in fact.