Bombers Looking to Trade Korey Banks

Rich

Bye Bye Banks.  We hardly knew you.

Alas, poor Corey Banks! I knew him, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his  back a thousand times; and now how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rims at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where are your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roll? 

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/07/03/bitter-korey-banks-gets-his-release-from-winnipeg-blue-bombers

I'm going to say we dodged a bullett in getting rid of him so early... What a scumbag he turned out to be.

Wow...after reading that. Good riddance Korey Banks.

hmmmm, I don't know. Hey, don't get me wrong, never liked the trade, as watching him last year in B.C., usually in a trailing position, showed me he was done. But that being said, as a pro athlete, he didn't ask to be traded that I'm aware of, he may have opened up negotiation who knows but I don't blame him for siging that contract and getting the 60k signing bonus. 

From what I saw, he came to camp in shape, and he worked hard. The bombers saw what I saw last year though, he's lost a step. Now, do I blame him for not wanting to back up? I do and I don't. What loyalty does he have here? For all we know, he was told he'd start, and given his contract and signing bonus, why would he believe different. I believe him that he didn't have a lot of contact with the defensive coaches. and I think the Tim Hortons thing is pretty low class, as well as the letting go of Jovon via voice mail (almost as bad and MacT canning Kruger via Skype last summer) so I do agree with Banks' side here. 

That being said, I agree of the bombers releasing both him and Jovon, and really that's my only complaint and to me it's minor. I'm sure the bombers had their reasons for doing it the way they did and they don't have to explain themselves, certainly to me anyway. I'm just saying, I see Banks' side to this too, and I don't blame him

Just a little tidbit but last night after the game at around 11:30 or so, Korey drive past me down Osborne. He was kinda staring at me (I suppose because I was in my jersey) and then sped off. I wonder how much longer he'll be in town?

I liked the move in the first place cuz he was brought in to be a veteran presence and provide a winning attitude.... clearly he didn't fit the bill... the way Sears is playing, no on will miss him on the field and it doesn't sound like he'll be missed much off the field...