CFL cuts

Scheme my pass rush....u can't convince me that Laurent can't push the pocket. I would say that fits any BS scheme.

What about one where you are not trying to push the pocket?

That's the defensive equivalent of saying "why would we want a centre who snaps the ball?"

Unless the tackles are going to run back and cover receivers every down, you need guys to move the line and fill gaps.

If Ted Laurent was interested in being a Blue Bomber, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Scheme my pass rush....u can't convince me that Laurent can't push the pocket. I would say that fits any BS scheme.

What about one where you are not trying to push the pocket?

That's the defensive equivalent of saying "why would we want a centre who snaps the ball?"

Unless the tackles are going to run back and cover receivers every down, you need guys to move the line and fill gaps.

If Ted Laurent was interested in being a Blue Bomber, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

If Laurent was interested in being a Blue Bomber we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But I still don't see Etchevary designing many plays that would involve someone playing the role of nose tackle.

Did we kind of draw the short straw in the pre-season? seems weird to me that we basically finished up before some teams even played their first games. Has this ever been the case before in the history of the CFL where you have a team playing their second pre-season game vs a team who is just playing their first? did we ask for this? or was it given to us? What's the story on this, does anybody know why we played 2 games before someteams even played one game? 

Did we kind of draw the short straw in the pre-season? seems weird to me that we basically finished up before some teams even played their first games. Has this ever been the case before in the history of the CFL where you have a team playing their second pre-season game vs a team who is just playing their first? did we ask for this? or was it given to us? What's the story on this, does anybody know why we played 2 games before someteams even played one game?

Has to happen when you have an odd number of teams. We drew the short stray this year.

Has to happen when you have an odd number of teams. We drew the short stray this year.

oh yes, 9 teams now. My mistake, totally forgot that. Really need to get another team out east to even that out a wee bit.

I don't mind it. Gives us more rest time and preperation for the first game of the year. Also allowed us to evolute the players in game situations before making our cuts.

yeah, the one plus i could think of was it allows our nicked up players to heal a bit more. 

Hard to really assess guys when our second pre-season game is against Calgary's first - we played our starters longer against Calgary's backups...

did we though? Calgarys starters got a significant amount of time, most if not all of the fist half, just like ours. 

Hard to really assess guys when our second pre-season game is against Calgary's first - we played our starters longer against Calgary's backups...

did we though? Calgarys starters got a significant amount of time, most if not all of the fist half, just like ours. and we were missing our number 1 receiver in moore, our best canadian receiver in watson, ford didn't play, sears didn't play. It's not like we brought all our starters either. 

@TimCBaines: Cuts for #Ottawa #RedBlacks include Justin Pardy, Steven Adu, Parker Orms, Devin Arrington, Stephon Miller, Paulo Henriques. #CFL

@TimCBaines: Also cut by #RedBlacks Brendan Dunn, Aaron Wheaton, Travon Patterson, Simon Le Marquand, Aaron Hargeaves, James Lee and Taulib Ikharo. #CFL

True but they were able to trade Glenn and Hage and get some assets back in return. I never understood the James Lee pick, though, that was a weird one.

True, Gott and what became the 4th overall pick in Antoine Pruneau. One could make the case that is an overpayment for 33 year old glenn and a retired marwan hage. On the flip side, one could also say that Marcel Desjardins actually made a good move, possibly the first good move he made as GM of the redblacks, the rest have been sort of head scratchers. 

Kenny Stafford tweeting he has made the Alouettes.

Stafford, Green, Carter, Richardson (I know he's hurt) ... does that mean Ochocinco didn't make it? Or is London a surprise cut?

If they cut Brandon London, I'd go after him.