The TV Thread

MTV2 Canada was shut down at midnight on the 29th of March....another Bell cut, I'm just wondering what's next, ABC Spark (albeit part of Corus) is on borrowed time as it's final scripted show premiered these days it's just showing reruns, I don't know what will happen to Nickelodeon Canada in the aftermath of Quiet on the Set (it's times like this I'm glad I grew up watching the early Nicktoons and not the live action stuff essentially not Ren and Stimpy but not Spongebob either) but there won't be a connection to that

Edited by iHeart

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

MTV2 Canada was shut down at midnight on the 29th of March....another Bell cut, I'm just wondering what's next, ABC Spark (albeit part of Corus) is on borrowed time as it's final scripted show premiered these days it's just showing reruns, I don't know what will happen to Nickelodeon Canada in the aftermath of Quiet on the Set (it's times like this I'm glad I grew up watching the early Nicktoons and not the live action stuff essentially not Ren and Stimpy but not Spongebob either) but there won't be a connection to that

Nicktoons as in Nickelodeon?  

man, the stuff that has come out against Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon makes me sick that me and my daughter and her mom enjoyed some of those shows together. Sam and Cat, iCarly, several others. Just disgusting. Like puff daddy disgusting. Heck puffy was even on one of those shows. They were grooming kids man. Not cool and now everyone’s favorite celebrity or musician is probably doing the same. wtf.  How is this even allowed to happen. 

Edited by Goalie

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nicktoons as in Nickelodeon?  

man, the stuff that has come out against Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon makes me sick that me and my daughter and her mom enjoyed some of those shows together. Sam and Cat, iCarly, several others. Just disgusting. Like puff daddy disgusting. Heck puffy was even on one of those shows. They were grooming kids man. Not cool and now everyone’s favorite celebrity or musician is probably doing the same. wtf.  How is this even allowed to happen. 

I actually sampled episodes of All That and can confirm Diddy did appear (I heard a fellow girl guide talk about a sketch called Storytime with the Osbornes and I wanted to see it for myself, because the thought of an Osbornes related sketch could be hilarious)

and yeah the Nicktoons that aired on YTV in the 90s were what I watched, so I haven't willingly watched Spongebob, and if Wild Thornberry's started airing on YTV sooner I probably would have enjoyed it

Edited by iHeart

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Is this a bad time to say that Hollywood has been doing this since the beginning?    It was worse in the 30's - 50's where they pilled up young girls and did unimaginable things with them.   Read about the Wizard of Oz and what they did with Judy Garland it's insane.  

Same with the music industry.    look at people like Steven Tyler in the old days taking a 14 year old on tour with him and yet people never really gave a crap this many years later.   

Nearly every place of entertainment has some sort of black cloud covering it.   Sadly money hides lots of horrible behaviours. 

I think it was a later Air Farce sketch that said it best

"99% of movies have been touched, probably without consent by some patriarchal perv, including some of the greatest movies ever made" 

yeah I know about what Judy went through, she got hooked on drugs because of that film. (but it is nice to know that Margaret Hamilton treated her so well off camera) 

On 2024-04-01 at 7:43 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think this is more and more common since Covid and with shows moving between networks and streamers.

I'm watching American Rust and there was 3 years between seasons 1 and 2. 

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

How is season 2? The first wasn't reviewed that well but I didn't mind it.

Yeah, one of the criticisms of S1 was the slow pace. I can attest that there is more going on in season 2.

I finished the 1st two episodes of S2 and there are a couple of story lines that will keep things interesting. 

But I'm a Jeff Daniels fan so I'd continue to watch even if it was garbage. Lol 

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but tonight is the SERIES finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Larry is going on trial in Atlanta for giving Leon's aunt water while she was in line to vote.  I predict a Seinfeldian series end in which people from all across the history of the show come in to testify either for or against Larry.  Also will be good but very sad to see probably the last ever screen time for Richard Lewis, as he is in the episode.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Watched Curb finale last night, it was fantastic.  Have to admit getting a bit emotional seeing Richard Lewis in the final scene.  Glad that he was given a lot of screen time in the finale and made me burst out laughing several times in his interactions with Larry.  Seinfeld also made an appearance and stole the show.  They even managed to work in how they should have done the Seinfeld finale, in the second last scene of the show, which was gold.  It was good to see Jerry and Larry David together again, if only for a few brief moments.

we're doing this again apparently (when #BH90210 was airing I jokingly tweeted if we could do this again next year but with Melrose Place? Tori Spelling liked the tweet

https://deadline.com/2024/04/melrose-place-reboot-heather-locklear-laura-leighton-daphne-zuniga-1235880535/

and this

https://tvline.com/news/heroes-second-reboot-eclipsed-tim-kring-1235199066/

Edited by iHeart

Fallout on Amazon was great. The props, sets, costumes and effects were incredibly detailed and almost totally faithful to the aesthetic of the video games that inspired the show. The gore is intentionally silly without spoiling the action, the doe eyed 'Ned Flanders in the Apocalypse' protagonist bit never wears thin, plenty of comedic actors like Johnny Pemberton, Michael Rapaport, Chris Parnell and others filling out the side-cast and keeping the wasteland fun and wacky like it's meant to be. Between this and The Righteous Gemstones I'm becoming a Walton Goggins fan

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Fallout on Amazon was great. The props, sets, costumes and effects were incredibly detailed and almost totally faithful to the aesthetic of the video games that inspired the show. The gore is intentionally silly without spoiling the action, the doe eyed 'Ned Flanders in the Apocalypse' protagonist bit never wears thin, plenty of comedic actors like Johnny Pemberton, Michael Rapaport, Chris Parnell and others filling out the side-cast and keeping the wasteland fun and wacky like it's meant to be. Between this and The Righteous Gemstones I'm becoming a Walton Goggins fan

Only watched the first episode but it looks like it'll be a good one.  Enjoyed the games so I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes.