The TV Thread

33 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

haven't watched it yet, still have to watch Shoresy as well Season 2.

It's good... Winnipeggers the Skene family (dad Rick is a long time stunt man for Canadian Hollywood productions, now the sons are in the business) are working on both Letterkenny and Shoresy... Did the hockey choreography on LK and are now directing full episodes of Shoresy. 

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

I finally finished the first season of the Crown, and boy was my google search in overdrive trying to find out who most of these people were ( mostly secretaries and politicians......and I found out one of those people never existed!)

I grew up in that era when Elizabeth was only 10-20 years into her reign. I remember all those British PM's from Churchill on. It's amazing as a constitutional monarch only how some feared her when they came for their weekly visits. You can really see how much Charles was totally ****** up when he was growing up with that family around him. Especially a jealous Phillip who was bitter over how he felt he lost Mountbatten as a father figure to Charles. 

I've tried to watch Letterkenny & I have to say after repeated attempts, I just don't get it. 

On 2023-12-29 at 6:04 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I grew up in that era when Elizabeth was only 10-20 years into her reign. I remember all those British PM's from Churchill on. It's amazing as a constitutional monarch only how some feared her when they came for their weekly visits. You can really see how much Charles was totally ****** up when he was growing up with that family around him. Especially a jealous Phillip who was bitter over how he felt he lost Mountbatten as a father figure to Charles. 

I've tried to watch Letterkenny & I have to say after repeated attempts, I just don't get it. 

to me it came off as Liz and Phillip were happy UNTIL she became Queen it feels like there's too many rules within protocols and the church that dampened so many moods

7 hours ago, iHeart said:

to me it came off as Liz and Phillip were happy UNTIL she became Queen it feels like there's too many rules within protocols and the church that dampened so many moods

Phillip seemed to believe that once Elizabeth became Queen that he should have become King & he should have been making all decisions not Elizabeth. He hated walking behind her in public. That they weren't equals  according tho the British Constitution. He didn't like being known as her Consort. He didn't like the title of Prince. Also, he gave up his naval career to marry her & he felt over the years that was too much of a sacrifice he made for her. I don't think, knowing what he later knew, that he would have ever done it again. He was miserable for 60 years. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Phillip seemed to believe that once Elizabeth became Queen that he should have become King & he should have been making all decisions not Elizabeth. He hated walking behind her in public. That they weren't equals  according tho the British Constitution. He didn't like being known as her Consort. He didn't like the title of Prince. Also, he gave up his naval career to marry her & he felt over the years that was too much of a sacrifice he made for her. I don't think, knowing what he later knew, that he would have ever done it again. He was miserable for 60 years. 

and he wasn't the only one

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

and he wasn't the only one

The entire Royal family really sharpened their claws & fangs for Lady Diana. What a shameful display of elite snobbery & constitutional entitlement they all showed. She was never going to be accepted by the Queen Mother, Princess Margaret & the Queen. While she may have understood the tribulations she went thru with Charles she still was cold & distant while clutching the British Constitution close to her chest. 

I'm getting set to fire up Echo tonight after work and I'm a big fan of Son Of A Critch on CBC, which starts this week as well. Most of the streaming stuff I watch is prepping new seasons but a ways off yet...

Tonight's NFL Wild Card game between the Kansas City Chiefs & the Miami Dolphins can only be seen on CBS streaming service Peacock in the US. Apparently, Peacock paid the NFL $180 million dollars to televise this game exclusively. Meanwhile, Peacock is taking orders so people can watch the game today. My concern is that in a few years more & more games will be on streaming services they no longer will be on "free" network tv. That the Super Bowl itself will eventually be streamed only. Roger Goodell doesn't care about fans. Just making money.

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Tonight's NFL Wild Card game between the Kansas City Chiefs & the Miami Dolphins can only be seen on CBS streaming service Peacock in the US. Apparently, Peacock paid the NFL $180 million dollars to televise this game exclusively. Meanwhile, Peacock is taking orders so people can watch the game today. My concern is that in a few years more & more games will be on streaming services they no longer will be on "free" network tv. That the Super Bowl itself will eventually be streamed only. Roger Goodell doesn't care about fans. Just making money.

What a heaping pile of hot cow excrement. Goodell is a moron.

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As the years go by and the average fan is more tech savy,   more people will just use the already easy to use streams that people post online.