Mini camp updates

Mike

IMO Coach Mike made a BIG mistake by declaring Drew the Starter.  I really want to like O'shea but really why did he say that?  That, IMO is worse than when Kelly declared Lefors the starter.  At least Lefors started a preseason game before Kelly made his declaration...

Willy has more talent in his little finger than LeFors ever had. We'll be just fine with Drew Willy. Relax.

IMO Coach Mike made a BIG mistake by declaring Drew the Starter. I really want to like O'shea but really why did he say that? That, IMO is worse than when Kelly declared Lefors the starter. At least Lefors started a preseason game before Kelly made his declaration...

Willy has more talent in his little finger than LeFors ever had. We'll be just fine with Drew Willy. Relax.

Lol not true at all! But hey hopefully his fate ends up better then Lefors

There's something to be said for instilling confidence in a guy by letting him know what his job will be in June, so he can just go ahead and prepare for that. Also something to be said for not having any swirling controversy going into the season. Everyone knows where they stand...now go do your job.

There's something to be said for instilling confidence in a guy by letting him know what his job will be in June, so he can just go ahead and prepare for that. Also something to be said for not having any swirling controversy going into the season. Everyone knows where they stand...now go do your job.

It was annoying as hell having Burke flip flop every week on who the starter will be.

It only makes sense that we have a clear direction. Willy will be fine and I'm sure it can't be any worse then Goltz and his 110 yards per game...

IMO Coach Mike made a BIG mistake by declaring Drew the Starter. I really want to like O'shea but really why did he say that? That, IMO is worse than when Kelly declared Lefors the starter. At least Lefors started a preseason game before Kelly made his declaration...

Lol not true at all! But hey hopefully his fate ends up better then Lefors

I don't know fellas. How bout that Marve kid? I'm a big fan of competing for the starting spot. Just saying. 

It was annoying as hell having Burke flip flop every week on who the starter will be.

It only makes sense that we have a clear direction. Willy will be fine and I'm sure it can't be any worse then Goltz and his 110 yards per game...

But shouldn't the 'best' guy start? I'm just asking, what IF you've got somebody that is just better? 

But shouldn't the 'best' guy start? I'm just asking, what IF you've got somebody that is just better? 

I'll start off by saying that it's always going to be a little bit difficult to understand when you're so deeply invested in one of the horses in the race, but in pro football ... the #4 guy doesn't become the #1 guy overnight. It just doesn't happen.

Marve could go into camp, be lights out and look like the consensus best QB out of the four. And he still wouldn't start week one.

After we go through camp and Exhibition, I'm sure the "best" guy will start week one, whomever that will be. O'Shea will not put the team in a poor position simply because they anointed Willy the starter in February.

After we go through camp and Exhibition, I'm sure the "best" guy will start week one, whomever that will be. O'Shea will not put the team in a poor position simply because they anointed Willy the starter in February.

Yes he will.  They're not paying Willy around 250K to sit on the bench.

Not having the sort of experience with the Canadian game that Willy has puts Marvelous Marve at a serious disadvantage, at least as far as starting is concerned. Max Hall is going into his second season and looked like he was picking up the game more and more every time he stepped on the field. Marve is in tough to even be #2 out of camp. It doesn't mean for a second he isn't a good/talented QB, it just means he's going to have to work his way up the ranks like virtually everyone else.

I'll start off by saying that it's always going to be a little bit difficult to understand when you're so deeply invested in one of the horses in the race, but in pro football ... the #4 guy doesn't become the #1 guy overnight. It just doesn't happen.

Marve could go into camp, be lights out and look like the consensus best QB out of the four. And he still wouldn't start week one.

Understood, but, if you've got a guy that can improve, at what point do you give him a shot. Aye...I've never seen this starter play and yes I'm biased......just wondering, that's all. 

We have done the rush the quarterback to the starters roll. Need to give a guy two to three years to develop. Having said that Willy has his two years its time to show that he is a starter. I don't see the kid the failing, he is ready to be the guy.

Understood, but, if you've got a guy that can improve, at what point do you give him a shot. Aye...I've never seen this starter play and yes I'm biased......just wondering, that's all. 

You give him a shot when he's ready. And the reality is that unless he's going to come in and be a "once in a generation" kind of talent, he won't be ready for at least a year. Probably two or three.

We all get excited when we hear good things about a QB we have in our camp.

A QB who can throw a bus, instead of being thrown under one.

It's better than what we usually hear…"his arm is suspect."

R. Marve's 1st goal will be to supplant B. Brohm on the depth chart, then M. Hall.

He's got a ways to go.

Strong-arming your way into position only works in the arm-wrestling, the mafia or politics.  -_-

Robert Marve is not starting week one (or anytime soon). Period. You're not going to stroll out a QB who has never suited up in a CFL game before especially when you're trying to generate as much positive press as possible coming off of a 3-15 season.

I here you. I would use the same argument however....coming off of a 3-15 season, let's shake it up a bit. Again, I haven't seen the other's so I guess we just wait and see. Hope the O line is strong enough to protect whoever is back there. 

LOL... Marve's had 2 strong performances at a minicamp in Florida, where there is no pass rush, and everyone's in spring shape.

Call me in mid-June is Marve's still outperforming everyone by a mile.  Until then, I'm just going to keep laughing, because this is hilarious...

10-4, gocha. Let's take a peek in June. 

The thing about it its not the NFL. You need time to get acquainted with the CFL game usually two to three years. Have seen two many talent guys come up here and not be able to account for the 12th guy on the field and destroy there confidence with two or three starts.

2 days of mini camp or so where none of us where, based on reports from guys like penton and irving and some think marve should be starting?

Things never change around these parts, not sure why we would want to throw a rookie under the bus already, and marve is a rookie, Willy isnt.

If people want marve to actually be a good one, you dont throw him under center week 1 because by week 3 he will be gone.

Honestly, im not sure whats more insane, wanting to start marve based on 2 days of mini camp or wanting to start hutchinson based on 3 games played with the JETS.

Right now, marve is the #4 qb on the depth chart, he's the developmental (4 man/PR) qb. You dont throw him in there week 1. You give him time to learn the game. Oh and btw, just cuz he had 2 solid days at a mini camp, doesnt mean anything. He's still #4 and the developmental qb.