Mini camp updates

Mike

Etcheverry is an all-or-nothing guy...  his D's work with fast, experienced, talented players but if even one of these guys is not up to par, it can get really bad really quick.

Let's hope Banks and Alexander have not lost a step.  And let's hope Cauchy doesn't make it through camp.

Is it to late to replace Etch with a normal coach?

Is it too early to be whining about our DC who hasn't even had a chance to do ANYTHING yet with this new group of players?

No.

Well I beg to differ.. Willy hasn't shown anything yet AND suckd at mini camp day one... Pile on everyone! ,

There is about a 20 minute interview up with bob irving on cjob website where he talks about the mini camp.

Actually it was on the upperdeck sports show at about 607 to 635 ish.

Some of the things bob mentioned

In all his years, the bombers have never put more effort in to finding talent that they have this year

QB Marve has a cannon and has looked good. Max Hall has looked good, more in shape, had an interview with hall where hall says last year he only had a month to train for the season.

Kenny Tate is impressing people.

Figures they will take about 20 25 guys to rookie camp in winnipeg, mentioned a few running backs, grigsby cotton and another guy but the name slips me.

Mention the little 5'8 155 pounder also, said he could be the kick returner this team has been looking for.

Impressed with a few receivers, haulstead urutia and the 155 pounder.

Willy has looked "average". Willy will also be opening day starter and Oshea has let the other qb's know this already.

Asked Oshea if these are the 4 qb's who will come to main camp, Oshea said its a high possibility that they are.

All in all, its hard to get a sense of what exactly is going on, Hard to base opinions when you havent seen it yourself but from the sounds of it, sounds like of the 55 guys there at the mini camp, about 15-25 of them will definitely be making their way up here for rookie camp.

Expects 3 rbs from the camp to be there, the other rb is a guy from harding university. Expects a few receivers, expects a few LBs (Mccrath has taken a leadership role and has looked very good, I already mentioned tate but even bob mentioned tate in the "rover" position has looked outstanding) 

Like i said, pretty tough to judge based on just comments from people but from what it sounds like, there is definitely quite a bit of talent at the mini camp.

Still a bit baffled by the lack of NI kickers - assuming this will changed, of course - but why we let Brett Cameron walk away is a headscratcher...

Just don't see how we can even be considering an import kicker with our limited NI depth and flexibility

Still a bit baffled by the lack of NI kickers - assuming this will changed, of course - but why we let Brett Cameron walk away is a headscratcher...

Just don't see how we can even be considering an import kicker with our limited NI depth and flexibility

Not really a head scratcher at all...he didn't perform well enough!

Forgive me if I don't quite agree with Mack and Burke's assessment of talent last year...

Forgive me if I don't quite agree with Mack and Burke's assessment of talent last year...

If you watched at training camp it was obvious, which has nothing to do with Mack and Burke, other than the fact they saw what a lot of us who were there saw.

How about Craig Dickenson? As much as I want someone to push Renaud out, they need to do so convincingly... and Cameron didn't convince anyone unfortunately. We'll see how things go in Sasks camp. I'm pulling for him, but... if he does find success I would hate to see him do it in Green and White.

I guess that's kind of my point...  yes, he was raw last year but why not keep him under contract - league minimum - and check him out this off-season...  we have don't have much for competition right now...

Same goes for Brent Carter - surprised we just let him drift back into the draft...

I'm assuming the coaches see something I don't but, man, both those guys would have been good competition in camp for a team that isn't exactly deep at kicker or receiver

I guess that's kind of my point...  yes, he was raw last year but why not keep him under contract - league minimum - and check him out this off-season...  we have don't have much for competition right now...

Same goes for Brent Carter - surprised we just let him drift back into the draft...

I'm assuming the coaches see something I don't but, man, both those guys would have been good competition in camp for a team that isn't exactly deep at kicker or receiver

Problem isn't the money to keep him under contract... it's the roster position... we needed all our spots for players that might actually play (although I guess we could have signed him and 9 gamed him immediately... although you generally do that with guys you can't afford to lose)

id suspect we will draft a non import kicker/punter or 2 even. It wouldnt surpise me one bit.

I dont know how many picks we have but im guessing

OL,LB (thomas miles), a kicker/punter or 2.

Plus if we have other picks, i dont know what we have for picks even but.. id suspect 2 will be OL, one LB or 2 even and a kicker/punter or 2 even.

As much as we all wanted brett cameron to do well last season, he didnt look good and he was cut because of that.

Burke,Mack,Dickenson whoever...he was cut because he didnt impress. Like 17 to 85 said if his name was brett smith, nobody would have cared.

To be completely honest, from what i saw last training camp, cameron was the worst of the bunch, that includes the aussie kicker we had.