Kevin Glenn has requested a trade

Mike

Bob Irving just said that Ottawa wants Cory Watson, a draft pick (likely our first rounder) and another player on the Bombers roster for Kevin Glenn.

That's an insane ask.  I doubt Ottawa gets more than a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.  (I know we don't have our 2nd rounder, but BC does)

I guess Desjardins is in no rush, so why not ask for the world right now.  He will likely lower his asking price as we get closer to training camp, once Glenn will become more of a distraction.

I hope once Walters heard that was the asking price, he said, "good luck with that" and hung up the phone on Desjardins. 

It's more likely that Desjardins ends up having to cut Glenn and get nothing for him than get a return like that.

Probably looking at getting a conditional pick in 2015 realistically, just a matter of how high it can go and what they'll be guaranteed if conditions aren't met (likely a 3rd or 4th rounder).

Ottawa is going to be one hell of a bad team, and they took themselves out of the market for any free agent with options the minute they signed Burris and screwed Glenn over.  Makes me wonder how the ownership feels about Desjardins already, and they haven't even opened a training camp yet.

I don't think Ottawa's ownership is that concerned since they have Burris ,  but yeesh that is a way out of the ball park demand (if this is a true rumour).  

At best I think they can make a trade for a starter and maybe a late draft pick?     

I find it sad that the Bombers are even talking to Ottawa about Glenn. I foresee nothing but bad stuff coming out of this for the Bombers with this development. I don't think Glenn would really want to come back to Winnipeg, a lot of fans don't want him back under any circumstances, and worse yet, it sure as spit looks like Walters and co. lied to Willy. Not a good argument for establishing trust with the hired help- we don't need to act like Desjardins.

I find it sad that the Bombers are even talking to Ottawa about Glenn. I foresee nothing but bad stuff coming out of this for the Bombers with this development. I don't think Glenn would really want to come back to Winnipeg, a lot of fans don't want him back under any circumstances, and worse yet, it sure as spit looks like Walters and co. lied to Willy. Not a good argument for establishing trust with the hired help- we don't need to act like Desjardins.

I completely agree with this post.

Which scenario would most fans prefer?  Drew Willy at 4 - 12 or Kevin Glenn at 9 - 9?

Let's face it, Glenn would make this team better.  He has a quick release and runs a good short yardage game, which fits well with a subpar OL.

If Willy is the better QB, he'll play.  I dare say Walters knows they can't afford another season of QB development.

Like who is Desjardins kidding? That much for a qb that wants out?? He's delirious. GMs will remember this. Next season when the redblacks are up against it & he needs help or is in trouble, they'll just gouge him until his eyes are bloody like he's teying to do to them. If he thinks that Glenn will just take this crap & not do anything he's mistaken.

Bob Irving just said that Ottawa wants Cory Watson, a draft pick (likely our first rounder) and another player on the Bombers roster for Kevin Glenn.

Say whaaaaaat?! Lmfao lololololol baaaaaaahahahahahahah fawk desjardins. Guy must be high as browner.

We will just sign him when they undoubtedly cut him due to a bad attitude..

Why would you find it sad???  Did you find it great the last few years when the team went into games with completely green qbs???  You would rather they trot out more guys like Boltus or Goltz????  Why would it be sad for the Bombers to bring in a PROVEN guy who has played way above average in the last few years???  

I don't see any reason aside from possibly the higher salary for why the Blue would not pursue the guy???   What if Willy completely stinks it up like Goltz/Hall/Boltus/Pierce/Brink had done???  You would want the team to throw in the new guy with only 1 pre season quarter under his belt or would you rather put in Kevin Glenn who has won more games as a back up then the total amount of games we've won in the last 3 seasons combined???

Desjardins is living in an airy fairy world, something like the time he cut a million dollar deal for Printers in Hamilton. This guy better get into reality. Read my lips Marcel, 'you'll be lucky to get a late round pic and a bag of footballs' never mind key players in the Bomber organization or first round pick. What a joker.lol 

I hate KG and never want to see him in Winnipeg ever again.  He'll just revert back to ***** he is when the temp drops.  KG is afraid of the COLD!  Therefore he's useless in WPG.

hate him hate him hate him.

Don't forget his attitude.  Doesn't matter if you win or not.  Always sounds like he doesn't mind losing.

I hate KG and never want to see him in Winnipeg ever again.  He'll just revert back to ***** he is when the temp drops.  KG is afraid of the COLD!  Therefore he's useless in WPG.

Don't forget his attitude.  Doesn't matter if you win or not.  Always sounds like he doesn't mind losing.

Very disappointed to hear Walters & Co. have expressed even the slightest interest in KG. This hugely diminishes my confidence in their judgment. What kind of message does it send to Drew Willy, who is our #1 QB, according to O'Shea, and who is earning starters $$$? I'd be wondering if this regime is trustworthy. Also shows the new regime is out of touch with the experience Bombers had with KG first time around. It was too bad we didn't get anything for him when Kelly cut him loose, but so many fans were ecstatic to see him go. KG is a me-first heartbreaker who always, always, disappoints at clutch-time. Having him here would be a terrible distraction (thousands would be booing every time he trots on the field) and any playing time he got would take away from the development of our future QBs. I'm sure this has been put to rest now that Pierce is aboard as coach, but I am officially alarmed by the questionable decision to go after Glenn.

Very disappointed to hear Walters & Co. have expressed even the slightest interest in KG. This hugely diminishes my confidence in their judgment. What kind of message does it send to Drew Willy, who is our #1 QB, according to O'Shea, and who is earning starters $$$? I'd be wondering if this regime is trustworthy. Also shows the new regime is out of touch with the experience Bombers had with KG first time around. It was too bad we didn't get anything for him when Kelly cut him loose, but so many fans were ecstatic to see him go. KG is a me-first heartbreaker who always, always, disappoints at clutch-time. Having him here would be a terrible distraction (thousands would be booing every time he trots on the field) and any playing time he got would take away from the development of our future QBs. I'm sure this has been put to rest now that Pierce is aboard as coach, but I am officially alarmed by the questionable decision to go after Glenn.

Glenn was run out of town here cause he couldn't win the big game as a starter. Probably still can't. 

But he's the best back-up in the league by a mile. And I think he has the right attitude to mentor Willy. And believe, Willy ain't ready to lead this band-aid of a team. 

Another scenario : we don't get Glenn, Willy goes down in week 4, and now we are riding the Hall/Brohm train to another 4-14 season.  With Glenn in the bullpen, we are like Calgary the past few years, we don't miss a beat if our number one goes down.  I haven't seen that in Winnipeg since the Clements - Huffer era.