Kevin Glenn has requested a trade

Mike

I'll stick with my Montreal or Vancouver as best bets for Glenn to end up in. I could see disaster if somehow he ends back here- Willy was "promised" the inside track as starter here. If Glenn came back, we would have a quarterback returning to where he was hooped and one (Willy) who would believe he was lied to. Its a lose-lose situation that I hope the Bombers avoid.

What point would it be for Glenn to go to BC to  be with KJ & then backup Lulay? It makes more sense for him to come here where he would compete with Willy & probably be our starter. But you know that ****** Desjardins will want a first round draft pick for him which may be too expensive for all teams. It's a shame we threw away our 2nd rounder for Neufeld because we have nothing to barter with. The Bombers needs quality Canadians & trading away the second pick in the first round of the CIS draft to Ottawa makes no sense at this time. Screw Ottawa.

I'll stick with my Montreal or Vancouver as best bets for Glenn to end up in. I could see disaster if somehow he ends back here- Willy was "promised" the inside track as starter here. If Glenn came back, we would have a quarterback returning to where he was hooped and one (Willy) who would believe he was lied to. Its a lose-lose situation that I hope the Bombers avoid.

As in Vancouver with Lulay, Troy Smith is the number one qb in Montreal & Glenn would be playing behind him. In Edmonton they have Mike Reilley. If he is traded there then he is disgruntled. The only viable alternative is here. Willy hasn't been a starter over a period of time & is the least experienced starting qb in the CFL. Even Troy Smith has more regular season & playoff experience than Willy. I'd love it if Glenn became a **** with Desjardins. You know, hard to get along with, etc just to hasten a trade for less. 

Please don't bring him to Winnipeg.   And if you do, make it a Free Agent signing after he gets cut.  Don't give up draft picks or NI's for him!

I know the Red Blacks GM said he wouldn't cut him, but I believe that's just a bluff.  He saw the huge mistake Mike Kelly made by announcing that he would cut Glenn if he couldn't trade him. You don't say that!

Kevin Glenn's world has certainly taken a complete upheaval since Marcel Desjardins kicked him in the mini-Glenns.

He had a starting role and the entire spotlight in Ottawa, finally, long after walking out of here when he was…. handled infernally by Mike Kelly.

Now he has to 'ask' for a trade and that, certainly, will result in him be relegated back to backup. 

I'm currently ambivalent on his coming here, but I know I would be angry if we had to give up anything of excessive value.

So far, I think Walters and company have handled the Kevin Glenn situation, right from the start, in a patient and professional manner.

Here's hoping that they keep that up.

Desjardins basically has a gun to his head now.  They won't be getting much.

Why does Desjardins have to trade him right away?  Why not be patient, hang onto him, and wait until some team has an injury or underperformance problem and gets desperate for a proven QB?

Desjardins basically has a gun to his head now. They won't be getting much.

Why does Desjardins have to trade him right away? Why not be patient, hang onto him, and wait until some team has an injury or underperformance problem and gets desperate for a proven QB?

Because until that happens, Glenn will be a huge distraction.

Desjardins can drag this longer if he wants. No team is rushing to trade for him. Bombers maybe in need of Glenn but we are not desperate to make the deal asap.

No teams? Are you sure?

@News1130Sports: #BCLions gm Wally Buono admits he does not have a solid CFL back-up qb - that's why he has held talks with Ottawa about Kevin Glenn.

Desjardins can drag this longer if he wants. No team is rushing to trade for him. Bombers maybe in need of Glenn but we are not desperate to make the deal asap.

No teams? Are you sure?

@News1130Sports: #BCLions gm Wally Buono admits he does not have a solid CFL back-up qb - that's why he has held talks with Ottawa about Kevin Glenn.

I would hope out of respect for Glenn that Desjardins would at least talk to Glenn & see where he wants to go & work on a trade to get him there instead of just dealing him away to any team. 

No teams? Are you sure?

I would hope out of respect for Glenn that Desjardins would at least talk to Glenn & see where he wants to go & work on a trade to get him there instead of just dealing him away to any team.

Yeah so far they've respected Kevin Glenn completely and never lied to him once.

So being one of the staunchest anti-Glenn posters around... I'm torn about the possibility of Glenn being a bomber again.. This could be the perfect storm tho so to speak.. 2 very highly regarded prospects and one very established vet who could be 1 or 2 on the depth chart..

Like others, my only concern would be a qb controversy..

No thanks on Glenn, been there done that and it didn't end well. With Willy and Brohm already here we don't need yet another QB controversy.

BTW that hacker seemed to have great insight as to what was going on, I wonder how long before Glenn admits that he was the hacker.

No thanks on Glenn, been there done that and it didn't end well. With Willy and Brohm already here we don't need yet another QB controversy.

BTW that hacker seemed to have great insight as to what was going on, I wonder how long before Glenn admits that he was the hacker.

I tend to agree. I sure wouldn't trade anything for him. Let Desjardin cut him before we think about bringing him in, if at all.