Kevin Glenn has requested a trade

Mike

Desjardins can drag this longer if he wants. No team is rushing to trade for him. Bombers maybe in need of Glenn but we are not desperate to make the deal asap.

No teams? Are you sure?

@News1130Sports: #BCLions gm Wally Buono admits he does not have a solid CFL back-up qb - that's why he has held talks with Ottawa about Kevin Glenn.

Crap,  well looks like he'll be going out to BC which would be a much safer and better fit for him.    

On a good note this means Joey Elliott can come back home to Winnipeg and 17to85 can rejoice the saviour of Elliott!

If Cauchy ends up in Ottawa, I predict Henoc would follow if cut by NE. Another one of those "it's closer to home" things.

But how long do you keep a player for the sole reason that if his brother gets cut he'll return? Seems like a pathetic reason to keep a guy. I love Henoc but if we can get Glenn for Cauchy, then it's time to move on. I bet Henoc lasts a while in the NFL.

I wasn't sold on KG when the off-season started but I'm starting to change my mind a bit.... I think if they come into camp and battle for the #1 then either Glenn is the better QB and it gives Willy more time to develop or Willy is the better QB and then we have the best back-up in the league.... sounds like a win/win.... many people are over-complicating this

He probably knows the only place where he has a shot to compete for the starters job is here.... on every other team interested he's the vet backup/injury replacement.... BC (Lulay), Sask (Durant), Edm (Reilly), Mtl (Smith), Ott (Burris).... there's no way he supplants any of those guys... 

He probably knows the only place where he has a shot to compete for the starters job is here.... on every other team interested he's the vet backup/injury replacement.... BC (Lulay), Sask (Durant), Edm (Reilly), Mtl (Smith), Ott (Burris).... there's no way he supplants any of those guys...

Maybe at this point he doesn't want you start and would take a cushy job in a place like bc where he can stay warm

Maybe at this point he doesn't want you start and would take a cushy job in a place like bc where he can stay warm

Given that his current contract is particularly incentive driven, I would imagine he would like to have the opportunity to start.

Given that his current contract is particularly incentive driven, I would imagine he would like to have the opportunity to start.

That and his.whole reason for being upset was that the starters.role role was given to him then swiped away causing the hissy for..

If Cauchy ends up in Ottawa, I predict Henoc would follow if cut by Indianapolis. Another one of those "it's closer to home" things.

Fixed that for you.

Huh? Explain.

The OP said he signed with NE... he actually signed with Indy

If Cauchy ends up in Ottawa, I predict Henoc would follow if cut by Indianapolis. Another one of those "it's closer to home" things.

Fixed that for you.
Huh? Explain.

The OP said he signed with NE... he actually signed with Indy

Oh. All I saw was the change made after I guess which said Colts. So that's why I was like whaaaaa?

Thanks

I think the Als need an experienced back up because quite frankly they have no depth if their newly anointed #1 falls flat on his face or is injured.  But will Desjardins trade him to a division rival?  I think not.    I have a feeling that he'll ultimately end up a Rider.  

So being one of the staunchest anti-Glenn posters around... I'm torn about the possibility of Glenn being a bomber again.. This could be the perfect storm tho so to speak.. 2 very highly regarded prospects and one very established vet who could be 1 or 2 on the depth chart..

Like others, my only concern would be a qb controversy..

My concern isn't his playing ability or creating possible QB controversies. My concern is his ability to lead a team and his desire to mentor young QB's. I'm not sure what he brings to the table both on and off the field fits well what the type of culture Miller and company are trying to build over time. Signing him may delay that process for possible short term gains.

I think the Als need an experienced back up because quite frankly they have no depth if their newly anointed #1 falls flat on his face or is injured.  But will Desjardins trade him to a division rival?  I think not.    I have a feeling that he'll ultimately end up a Rider.  

Isn't that what they have Alex Brink for ?  ;)

I think the Als need an experienced back up because quite frankly they have no depth if their newly anointed #1 falls flat on his face or is injured. But will Desjardins trade him to a division rival? I think not. I have a feeling that he'll ultimately end up a Rider.

Tanner Marsh is the backup

Bob Irving just said that Ottawa wants Cory Watson, a draft pick (likely our first rounder) and another player on the Bombers roster for Kevin Glenn.

bahahahah they can suck it then, nobody is paying that price. He will be cut then and it will be a free for all which we may be able to win.