Bombers trade for QB Brian Brohm; cut Justin Goltz

Mike

Seems to me that McManus puts more emphasis on QBs who are accurate, bigger guys who can take a punishment, smart QBs who can read a defense, with a little escapability.  Where Mack put more of an emphasis it seems on mobility and less so on accurancy and smarts. 

Then why did it say in one of the reports that they thought he might be injury prone?  It was in one of the previous reports either you or someone else posted here.

I may have posted a scouting report that said that. What I mean is that Brohm's size would suggest his body can take a bit of a beating. Also heard his "injury" last year with Hamilton wasn't really an injury, but way to hide him on the 9 game IR to keep him on the roster.

I'm somewhat concerned about, yet again, a QB with no rocket arm.  I know it's not everything (and I understand what we had with Michael Bishop) but just once...I'd like to see a guy that's the complete package without that "weak arm" disclaimer.

QB's here are here for a reason because there is some sort of disclaimer. You aren't going to find a passer in the CFL that doesn't have flaws.

I'm somewhat concerned about, yet again, a QB with no rocket arm. I know it's not everything (and I understand what we had with Michael Bishop) but just once...I'd like to see a guy that's the complete package without that "weak arm" disclaimer.

QB's here are here for a reason because there is some sort of disclaimer. You aren't going to find a passer in the CFL that doesn't have flaws.

It's really funny to me that people seem to think we keep missing out on these nfl calibre rocket armed superstars. They don't exist in our cfl, period. The nfl gobbles them all up and if they ain't playing they rot to death on a PR and still make more then starters here..

It's the way it is and will continue to be unless we somehow get a franchise tag option or something to entice a second or third stringer to pass on the nfl for cfl.

I'm somewhat concerned about, yet again, a QB with no rocket arm. I know it's not everything (and I understand what we had with Michael Bishop) but just once...I'd like to see a guy that's the complete package without that "weak arm" disclaimer.

It's really funny to me that people seem to think we keep missing out on these nfl calibre rocket armed superstars. They don't exist in our cfl, period. The nfl gobbles them all up and if they ain't playing they rot to death on a PR and still make more then starters here..

It's the way it is and will continue to be unless we somehow get a franchise tag option or something to entice a second or third stringer to pass on the nfl for cfl.

I think the problem is that we had (have) a bunch of guys with complete noodle arms who simply can't make the plays unless they have fantastic protection.   It would be nice to see somebody actually throw with some zip and be able to complete a 15-20 yard pass in tight coverage.      

I think the problem is that we had (have) a bunch of guys with complete noodle arms who simply can't make the plays unless they have fantastic protection. It would be nice to see somebody actually throw with some zip and be able to complete a 15-20 yard pass in tight coverage.

See above.

I think the problem is that we had (have) a bunch of guys with complete noodle arms who simply can't make the plays unless they have fantastic protection. It would be nice to see somebody actually throw with some zip and be able to complete a 15-20 yard pass in tight coverage.

See above.

See most other teams who have guys who can throw the ball hard.......  

I think the problem is that we had (have) a bunch of guys with complete noodle arms who simply can't make the plays unless they have fantastic protection.   It would be nice to see somebody actually throw with some zip and be able to complete a 15-20 yard pass in tight coverage.      

so it's official, you'd ***** about Ray as a bomber? Esks fans always bitched that he couldn't make a play without fantastic protection and his arm isn't that strong... 

How about this, Bomber qbs haven't been put into a position to succeed because they're had shitty o-lines, shitty offensive coordinators and sometimes shitty receivers to work with? 

Michael Bishop. Rocket arm.

Burris, Reilly,Collaros ,Tate,Smith,Durant all have big arms.

This is what I mean.  Maybe these guys in the CFL don't have "NFL World Beater Calibre arms" but they sure have "Better than Winnipeg-level QB" arms.  

1. NFL Level
  2. NFL Practice Roster Level
  3. CFL Starting QB Level
  4. Me
  5. Current Bomber QB Level

so it's official, you'd ***** about Ray as a bomber? Esks fans always bitched that he couldn't make a play without fantastic protection and his arm isn't that strong... 

How about this, Bomber qbs haven't been put into a position to succeed because they're had shitty o-lines, shitty offensive coordinators and sometimes shitty receivers to work with? 

That makes too much sense and is far too logical for the Internet.  

I'd appreciate it if you mentioned something about lack of scrambling ability or having tunnel vision with receivers.

Michael Bishop. Rocket arm.

Burris, Reilly,Collaros ,Tate,Smith,Durant all have big arms.

This is what I mean.  Maybe these guys in the CFL don't have "NFL World Beater Calibre arms" but they sure have "Better than Winnipeg-level QB" arms.  

1. NFL Level
  2. NFL Practice Roster Level
  3. CFL Starting QB Level
  4. Me
  5. Current Bomber QB Level

Oh dear god...not this again.

I will beat you with your own arm.