Bombers trade for QB Brian Brohm; cut Justin Goltz

Mike

as per Darren Cameron's twitter account.

Hamilton receives conditional 2015 draft pick.

Answers my long standing off season question about Goltz. Is he done, or does he get picked up by another cfl team? 

as per Darren Cameron's twitter account.

Hamilton receives conditional 2015 draft pick.

Answers my long standing off season question about Goltz. Is he done, or does he get picked up by another cfl team? 

A guy who can run but not pass ... too many of those guys out there. I would assume all CFL teams will take a pass (forgive the pun) ...

Transition Goltz to short yardage QB only, someone could take a flyer on him... Hell, why not say that Ottawa adds him just for giggles!

That's what ottawa needs, more QB's LOL but I get what you're saying ...

Why not right?  They already added one QB they didn't need.  Just roster like 6 of them, play them as RB, WR,

Goltz wasn't as bad as Boltus and may have been a bit screwed over by bad coaching.

So I hope he gets another shot..... I just won't lose any sleep with him being cut.

It also will help remove more negativity from the clubhouse which is good.

Goltz was just too inaccurate on his throws. He'd make plays with his legs and then just miss his open receiver by a mile. That's something that I don't see changing, no matter who picks him up. I think JG was gone after he wasn't being used for short yardage anymore, his attitude kind of killed his shot, but also his ability or lack thereof.

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/94829

Video on Goltz release per WBB website. Looks like he was too expensive for what the Bombers thought he would end up on the depth chart this year.

I don't see Levi Brown listed on the roster either so I would guess he is gone.

Would like to know what the conditional pick is...  we had a chance to grab this guy for nothing and passed

so you are blaming Walters for Mack's mistake? What were we supposed to do? Wait for Hamilton to cut him and go into TC with only two QB's?

Nope, not at all... just wondering what we had to give up...

Besides, I'm a Taman apologist...  Walters is acting just like Taman, can't really criticize him too much