Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

Your 3rd QB should be your developmental guy.  The QB who you are grooming to possible take over as the starter in a few years.  It all depends if O'Shea/Bellefeuille think Goltz is that guy.  My bet says Goltz gets cut in TC for a new guy McManus brings in.

My bet is they are waiting for the mini-camp where Dahlquist can get a look at Hall and Goltz and then decide.

Your 3rd QB should be your developmental guy.  The QB who you are grooming to possible take over as the starter in a few years.  It all depends if O'Shea/Bellefeuille think Goltz is that guy.  My bet says Goltz gets cut in TC for a new guy McManus brings in.

My bet is they are waiting for the mini-camp where Dahlquist can get a look at Hall and Goltz and then decide.

As to who's more ripped?

​Some workout camp news comes trickling in….

"The Sting hosted the national scout for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League, Drew Morris, on Saturday, March 1 for a private workout with several of Saginaw’s standout players."

"And the talent evaluator came away pleasantly surprised."

**http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/index.ssf/2014/03/saginaw_sting_receivers_austin.html

** granqueso @ EP

Can't be going into the season with Willy, Hall and Goltz...

If we do, IMO the season is already over.
f_886673b942.jpg

Dunno who she is or where she's from but the point you made with the pic... Boss levels of greatness.'

"

This is the former governor of Alaska who made a point of thanking a retiring judge for his years of "pubic" service.

Ah yes, that sure is whatsherface now upon further review..

You betcha sees a bit.of a beeyotch!

As to who's more ripped?

Dahlquist can concentrate on their mechanics. I would volunteer to see who is more ripped. 

BTW, just be thankful I didn't post a picture in that other thread.  ;)

​Some workout camp news comes trickling in….

"The Sting hosted the national scout for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League, Drew Morris, on Saturday, March 1 for a private workout with several of Saginaw’s standout players."

"And the talent evaluator came away pleasantly surprised."

**http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/index.ssf/2014/03/saginaw_sting_receivers_austin.html

** granqueso @ EP

The 2 guys they seem to be looking at from this camp appear to be shorter return guys, like Woods.

CJ Tarver and Austin Coleman ... they're short little return guys from middle of nowhere colleges. Intriguing but let's keep in mind, the CFL would be the highest level of football this guy has played by a mile. Oddly enough, Tarver and the QB they worked out ... AJ McKenna ... both of them were worked out by Ken Moll last year and didn't get a contract offer.

CJ Tarver and Austin Coleman ... they're short little return guys from middle of nowhere colleges. Intriguing but let's keep in mind, the CFL would be the highest level of football this guy has played by a mile. Oddly enough, Tarver and the QB they worked out ... AJ McKenna ... both of them were worked out by Ken Moll last year and didn't get a contract offer.

Well, thats odd.. Why we mining where we already stuck out? Did walters think moll was a bad judge of talent or were they planning on being out that way anyway...

Strange.

Well, thats odd.. Why we mining where we already stuck out? Did walters think moll was a bad judge of talent or were they planning on being out that way anyway...

Strange.

It was at a combine where they performed drills in front of a number of teams, including the Bombers. But hey, you gotta look everywhere.

Nik Lewis on the move, Banks on the recruiting tour

Nik Lewis ‏@nikel18 31 mins

I must be in the dog house because they told me they wasn't interested in signing me. Looks like I'll be on recruiting visits this yr.

Korey Banks ‏@24Banks 26 mins

@nikel18 Winnipeg?

I have been a fan of Nik Lewis for years but does he have any tread left on his tires?

Nick Lewis on the move, Banks on the recruiting tour

Nik Lewis ‏@nikel18 31 mins

I must be in the dog house because they told me they wasn't interested in signing me. Looks like I'll be on recruiting visits this yr.

Korey Banks ‏@24Banks 26 mins

@nikel18 Winnipeg?

Korey Banks is doing a great job of promoting the Bombers. Looks like Lewis has his option year left with CGY. Later tweet he said let's not get ahead of ourselves. But if he was available - would we have cap room? And where would he fit? We look to be set at SB. Lewis is a steamroller though, even if Huffer thinks he has lost a step.

While interesting, really hate that Lewis took to Twitter to make that public. We've done a good job of ridding ourselves of the clowns who couldn't behave themselves online, we don't need to bring one back in.

I hate idiots on the Twitter as much as the next person, but it's not like he blasted anyone.  Just a 'bummer, doesn't look like there's a place here for me, better get looking". It didn't hurt the organization, trade value (whoops thought he was a FA).  Hell, Glenn is still in Ottawa after that "hack". 

I like Nik but we'd have to deal for him. Would we want to and would he be a force like he was before the season ending injury. Big questions. One thing positive for him here is that it looks like we've pretty well cleared the roster of the players, who were Bombers just 'cashing a cheque' in Lewis' estimation, and his comments from last year.

I like Nik but we'd have to deal for him. Would we want to and would he be a force like he was before the season ending injury. Big questions. One thing positive for him here is that it looks like we've pretty well cleared the roster of the players, who were Bombers just 'cashing a cheque' in Lewis' estimation, and his comments from last year.

I don't doubt Lewis could still be a force. He was never a speed guy obviously with a build like his. His injury shouldn't take away from his ability to still be a solid player from here on out.

Can't be going into the season with Willy, Hall and Goltz...

If we do, IMO the season is already over.

I wasn't aware that the lack of a quality third string QB was that damaging.

It isn't.

My point was more of a what if scenario, if Willy bombs or is injured, Max Hall would be next up to the plate and while a serviceable back-up, looked decent at times, dude can't take a hit and came out of most if not all the games he played. Which would have lead to Goltz being the defacto starter and honestly the season would have been over. With Goltz gone now, it's the unknown factor with Brohm, personally I have higher hopes for Brohm than any of our current Qb's, but again there's always the what if scenario.

Most fanbases wouldn't be concerned about their #3 QB needing to win games for them.  Unfortunately we've watched our third-string QB start at least one game for us in each of the last 5 seasons.  How sad is that.

A worse stat might be that we haven't had the same Quarterback lead the team in yardage in back to back years since Kevin Glenn in 2007 and 2008.