CFL Stuff..

Mr Dee

Hank will be back in Hamilton starting. I'm pretty sure that'll happen. Hey, if Austin thinks he can do better with LeFevour (ha, ha) or Willy (inexperienced & unproven) over Burris then more power to him. It's just his neck on the line.

Or they could go with Collaros instead of Burris if they think the drop off wouldn't be too great.  It would certainly be way less money against the SMS.

The league has a shortage of veteran QBs.

That's probably why Brink, Elliott, Pierce and now Mcpherson have found at least temporary employment.

Does Austin have Collaros envy? Over his own stable of young-uns?

Maybe. But not without a vet back up I would say.

So the question is…would Austin just let Burris go to FA to go after Zach-man?

The guy could help us. We should be one of those 5 teams.

No. God no.

why do we need a shorter, possibly slower stoddard?

Because we need experienced players. We don't need kiddies (like Etienne) or superstars (which we don't have) at every receiver position. We need guys that understand the league & what it takes to win games. I'm not a big Stala fan but jeez we need his veteran leadership in the locker room in the worst way. We have very little of that on the team. That's why we won 3 games last year. 

Further to Henry B:

Austin said there have been no discussions with quarterback Henry Burris, set to become a free agent in February. “Right now, coming out of the holidays, we're still finalizing our plans at each of the positions and we're looking at a lot of different avenues because it could go a lot of different ways,” he said. “Once those get finalized, and the plans are solidified, then we'll have substantive discussions with the appropriate agents and players.”

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2014/01/stala-says-hes-not-done.html

And Dave S:

Looks like Ottawa.

The guy could help us. We should be one of those 5 teams.

No. God no.

why do we need a shorter, possibly slower stoddard?

Because we need experienced players. We don't need kiddies (like Etienne) or superstars (which we don't have) at every receiver position. We need guys that understand the league & what it takes to win games. I'm not a big Stala fan but jeez we need his veteran leadership in the locker room in the worst way. We have very little of that on the team. That's why we won 3 games last year.

I agree that we need veteran leadership, but Stala is simply not the guy to provide it.

Comparing Stala to Stoddard is pretty funny.  Even if the guy is a shadow of his former self, he will still contribute with blocking and leadership...  maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised and he'll perform...

We don't need blazing speed, we need a guy who can get open and catch... no NI other than Watson seems to be able to do that.  Except Kohlert...

The league has a shortage of veteran QBs.

That's probably why Brink, Elliott, Pierce and now Mcpherson have found at least temporary employment.

Does Austin have Collaros envy? Over his own stable of young-uns?

Maybe. But not without a vet back up I would say.

So the question is…would Austin just let Burris go to FA to go after Zach-man?

When you say veteran can that be interpreted as talented? And when we look at QB prospects with the appropriate skill sets for the CFL coupled with potentially willing/wanting to play in the CFL, is the well dry? 

Because if Collaros does indeed command a higher than normal salary based on what he's shown and delivered in this league than that tells me the team that takes him thinks this is the case and is desperate. 

Stala was unemployed for 2 days. Teams still wanted him. We sure undervalue experience here as fans. We ridicule players on other teams yet have overblown expectations for the players on our rosters. It's not talent that's the problem, it's coaching we say. We have guys just waiting for the right coach to bust out & be all stars. Think again...

I wouldn't start Stala over Watson or Etienne. Not to mention. its still possible that we re-sign Kohlert. 

Montreal has sweet f all in terms of NI receivers, so I'm not surprised they signed him.

We're better than Montreal?? Not talking the Stala signing now. I'm just askin'.

Stala was unemployed for 2 days. Teams still wanted him. We sure undervalue experience here as fans. We ridicule players on other teams yet have overblown expectations for the players on our rosters. It's not talent that's the problem, it's coaching we say. We have guys just waiting for the right coach to bust out & be all stars. Think again...

He was signed by a team that has worse NI depth at receiver than us, so what are you on about?