Official Expansion Draft Day Thread

TrueBlue

Bombers have 16 Canadians left that are on the roster now that are not FA so 4 will be left unprotected more like 5 or-6 if a couple FA are protected. Pickens will be slim from Bombers in the 3rd round.

Poblah. It's got to be Poblah.

12 Canadians and we don't have to protect Renaud? There's no way I don't protect Poblah

I'd protect ... Poblah, Cauchy, Henoc, Volny, Pencer, Greaves, Watson, Kohlert, Thomas, Neufeld, Swiston and one of either Sherman/Stephan. This of course is me holding the assumption that Etienne has an undated deal with the Bombers that they can file at anytime, since that's what I've heard.

I'd also hold off on protecting Fitzgerald because let's be honest, they'd be stupid to take him. I'd emphasize the protection of receivers and defensive linemen because Ottawa has yet to really bulk up there and they're going to have to.

That's what I'm predicting though.

Anyone else have this feeling Ottawa trades us DeMarco? And then we try and sign Collaros come Feb 15?

If I was Winnipeg, I wouldn't be trying to trade for competition for Collaros. The big selling point we have over other teams at the moment is that he would be the clear cut starter. Start acquiring pieces to compete with him and all of a sudden, we're no different than Hamilton or Montreal.

I would find it odd that if we land Collaros we would annoint him our starting QB prior to training camp. There has to be a little push on him to deliver AND we need depth. I would also hope that if we weren't able to land Collaros, our brain trust doesn't throw up their hands and say 'now what?' 

so I'm sitting here with the CFL Youtube feed going and nothing happening. When's the next round going to be announced? Who are we losing this round? Volny? Etienne?

Says right on the page down at the bottom.  Second round is at 11:30 CST (12:30 ET) and the third round is at 1:00 CST (2:00 ET).

Ok so third round should be happening right now right?

ready to lose another good NI...  :mellow:

see now you see the true genius of Joe Mack - he knew all along how painful it would be to lose a good NI and so ensured that we had none that anyone would want. Brilliant!

chess-master! 

thinking that far ahead into the future to plan being this shallow of talent... brilliant!

(i'm thinking that we'll be losing one of Tonye-Tonye or Bradwell...)

Schultz is so wise.

Suggesting Ottawa takes kickers ... in a round where choosing kickers is not allowed.

Schultz is so wise.

Suggesting Ottawa takes kickers ... in a round where choosing kickers is not allowed.

Schultz is so wise.

I often wonder why TSN continues to employ him.  He adds nothing to any broadcast.