Head coach - Who do you want and why?

Mr. Perfect

Head coach - Who do you want and why?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Mark your choice, who should be the new boss?

• Khari Jones
    • George Cortez
    • Jacques Chapdelaine
    • Tom Higgins
    • Chris Jones
    • Paul LaPolice
    • Doug Berry
    • Mike O'Shea
    • Other

Why....I understand Maas to be more of a student of the game where as Jones was more about getting by on his ability when he played. I think the student translates into more tangible qualities in terms of coaching and formulating an offensive scheme.

and you have ways of backing this up? Cause I am not sure I buy that a guy with an average arm and average mobility was getting by purely on his talent. Hell most of what Khari was successful at was recognizing what a defence was doing and making the play to take advantage of it, sounds like a guy succeeding with his brains to me. Not to mention that I believe the qbs basically had to function as offensive coordinators in 2000 anyway. 

He was great until defences figured out the throw back pattern. You want to hire Jones as OC great, I want Maas. If you don't like the answer don't ask the question I guess.

No I want you to explain your reasoning and I don't see you doing that. It's not about wanting someone or not wanting someone else, I just want to know why you think Maas is better than Khari and all you've done is make a statement and backed it up with vague comments hoping that is enough, it isn't.

So if we assume that it's between Khari and O'Shea.  Which coach do you think will help in attracting free agents?    

I believe O'Shea will be the better draw.  Again it's just my opinion but from what I've seen he really interact well with the players and it just seems that he'd well liked.   Every time I see Khari on the sidelines he seems to be standing by himself and I don't remember seeing him coaching the players during the game. 

What do you guys think?     

Khari did a pretty good job at barking orders to those contestants on the Amazing Race so he has that going for him.

On a serious note, if I was to choose between the two I would go with O'Shea.  You appear to be right on the interacting with players part.

Personally, I'd rather have Higgins though.

Unless it is an impact player like a Ricky Ray or a Jon Cornish, free agents normally are experienced players that can fill a gap or much needed gaps in a roster. Some are still impact players & still effective but on the downside or others are well past their prime but are still have a year or two left in the tank as players. Brought  in for leadership like Geroy Simon was in Riderville. I've always felt that free agency is just one part of the puzzle in building a championship. It shouldn't be relied upon solely but it shouldn't be ignored either.

Weston Dressler is a free agent and he  certainly is an impact player.  Bombers should throw the bank at him.  $200,000 + easy.  We would have our number one receiver.

Unless it is an impact player like a Ricky Ray or a Jon Cornish, free agents normally are experienced players that can fill a gap or much needed gaps in a roster. Some are still impact players & still effective but on the downside or others are well past their prime but are still have a year or two left in the tank as players. Brought  in for leadership like Geroy Simon was in Riderville. I've always felt that free agency is just one part of the puzzle in building a championship. It shouldn't be relied upon solely but it shouldn't be ignored either.

Weston Dressler is a free agent and he  certainly is an impact player.  Bombers should throw the bank at him.  $200,000 + easy.  We would have our number one receiver.

I'd rather not break the bank on an american receiver truthfully. Think there's better places that kind of spending could help more. 

Unless it is an impact player like a Ricky Ray or a Jon Cornish, free agents normally are experienced players that can fill a gap or much needed gaps in a roster. Some are still impact players & still effective but on the downside or others are well past their prime but are still have a year or two left in the tank as players. Brought in for leadership like Geroy Simon was in Riderville. I've always felt that free agency is just one part of the puzzle in building a championship. It shouldn't be relied upon solely but it shouldn't be ignored either.

Weston Dressler is a free agent and he certainly is an impact player. Bombers should throw the bank at him. $200,000 + easy. We would have our number one receiver.

I'd rather not break the bank on an american receiver truthfully. Think there's better places that kind of spending could help more.

Agreed. If we are going to overpay, do it on the OL and QB.

Disagree. Not necessary.

We can do better in FA

With a re-thinking of our offensive game plan, and a real QB, we can use guys like Miles for possession and Denmark for that big play.

But these are just examples.

We've had no problem finding "that receiver guy" in the past, we've just had problems getting him the ball.

Disagree. Not necessary.

We can do better in FA

With a re-thinking of our offensive game plan, and a real QB, we can use guys like Miles for possession and Denmark for that big play.

But these are just examples.

We've had no problem finding "that receiver guy" in the past, we've just had problems getting him the ball.

Just look at all the years we didn't win with Milt Stegall because the o-line wasn't good enough or we didn't have a good qb.... there's other places to break the bank, not at receiver. I'd take Dressler on the team, but not at any price.