Head coach - Who do you want and why?

Mr. Perfect

Head coach - Who do you want and why?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Mark your choice, who should be the new boss?

• Khari Jones
    • George Cortez
    • Jacques Chapdelaine
    • Tom Higgins
    • Chris Jones
    • Paul LaPolice
    • Doug Berry
    • Mike O'Shea
    • Other

Doubt we can afford Cortez at the price tag he'll demand.

Cortez reportedly made $300k in Hamilton. Burke made $225 last season. Not a huge difference.

You more times than not get what you pay for.

If the Bombers are relunctant to understand this concept when it comes to key positions at the player or management level, they can't be surprised by negative results that ensue and will have to accept we will continue to be mediocre if we continue to fool ourselves.

Giving Khari Jones the keys to this football club because he would come with a cheaper price tag and coupled with errenous rationalizations (such as being a former Bomber) and over-rating of what he brings to the table to justify this decision will more than likely not turn out well. 

Especially in sport where careers tend to be short, compensation can not be compromised when it comes to attracting quality talent whether one likes it or not.

I agree, but Cortez as a head coach is probably not the best example of this. He was awful.

I dunno.. His team would have been excellent if the defence wasn't so horrible.. The team excelled at scoring points.. which is something we fail doing most seasons as of late.

Cortez reportedly made $300k in Hamilton. Burke made $225 last season. Not a huge difference.

If the Bombers are relunctant to understand this concept when it comes to key positions at the player or management level, they can't be surprised by negative results that ensue and will have to accept we will continue to be mediocre if we continue to fool ourselves.

Giving Khari Jones the keys to this football club because he would come with a cheaper price tag and coupled with errenous rationalizations (such as being a former Bomber) and over-rating of what he brings to the table to justify this decision will more than likely not turn out well. 

Especially in sport where careers tend to be short, compensation can not be compromised when it comes to attracting quality talent whether one likes it or not.

I agree, but Cortez as a head coach is probably not the best example of this. He was awful.

I dunno.. His team would have been excellent if the defence wasn't so horrible.. The team excelled at scoring points.. which is something we fail doing most seasons as of late.

yeah well a good head coach would have hired a good defensive coordinator right? Cortez can no more wash his hands of how bad the defense was in Hamilton than Burke could wash his hands of the offense in winnipeg. 

True but that is still his responsibility and by all accounts, he was severely disliked in the locker room. Guys didn't want to play for him.

Cortez didn't relate well to players as a HC in Hamilton. He would be a great OC but why would he leave to be an OC in Wpg with no prospect of playoff money in the Peg.

You're right, I mean realistically, the odds are 107.2% in favor of us never making the playoffs again. Ever.

While I totally believe the stats you provide are well researched and accurate, I must add that if the players we get, give 110% effort out there on the field, that means there is a positive difference of 2.8%.

Projecting this difference to reach 100% means we would make the playoffs in something like 37-38 years.

While I totally believe the stats you provide are well researched and accurate, I must add that if the players we get, give 110% effort out there on the field, that means there is a positive difference of 2.8%.

Projecting this difference to reach 100% means we would make the playoffs in something like 37-38 years.

i hate Math :angry:

Yes, but let's be honest -- that's what we tend to do in Bomberland. See Joe Mack, Mike Kelly, etc. Both with strong ties to the Bomber glory days, both not exactly being courted by other teams for GM when we gave them the keys, both were basically useless and left us in a hole. 

Not sure what Waters is making but you know its not Wally money and likely more like Mack money. At least he wasn't a former Bomber player, just a middling ST coach -- so maybe we've kicked the habit? ;-)

Berry or Cortez

Both have the needed experience.  Berry got a super raw deal here when Bauer axed him. 

Never thought Berry deserved to be fired.  Playoffs all three years as HC.  And what did he get for it???  Pushed aside for Kelly...

And I know the above probably won't happen and we'll end up hiring someone with 0 HC experience to go with our 0 GM exp so it all matches up for us to continue to suck...

Dressler is not going to leave his buddies Bagg and Getzlaf in Saskatchewan.

No kidding. Now you have Rick Foleyt saying had he known what it would be like playing in Regina he would have come over years ago type ****... Just wait till these guys start losing & all the adoring Prider fans start dumping all over them. Then they'll see the true colours of that fanbase. I remember a time in the mid 80's when players wanted to come here. All goes in cycles. It's great when you win. Shitty when you lose.

Man, I miss the days when The Simpsons was actually a good show.

Not that I watch new episodes too often, but it's not that it's a bad show now, it's just different. Obviously not as good as the golden age but what is? 

Oh the 90's how I miss you....................

tumblr_mf4zgpqcsk1rua5zwo1_500.gif