Rumour: Danny McManus Potential Assistant GM Candidate

Jpan85

Obviously. But it could have happened a few days ago.

I suspect miller wants to unveil his entire team at once.

I don't see anything wrong with that.  If Miller / Walters can name their whole staff day/s after the GC only proves that they been diligently working on it since their season ended which is contrary to what the others are saying that they are doing nothing.

I've gotta agree with some others here.  In the past we've always seen the FP or Sun post the guys who are coming in for interviews.  Hell I still remember when they showed the pictures of Ritchie, Reinebold and the other two coming off the plane for interviews way back when.  The question is valid, why haven't we heard anything so far?  If this is a community owned team then why are they hiding these "interviews".

I'm not saying they're putting the wrong guys in place, I just want to know why all the secrecy?  Something just seems not kosher with how this is going on.  Dunno, just a gut feeling.  Especially if all the rumors are true.  Too many rookie's in charge.

As a side joke, why do we keep inheriting Hamilton's cast offs as if it's a good thing?  Creehan, Boltus...I mean come on...it's HAMILTON!  ;)

I've gotta agree with some others here.  In the past we've always seen the FP or Sun post the guys who are coming in for interviews.  Hell I still remember when they showed the pictures of Ritchie, Reinebold and the other two coming off the plane for interviews way back when.  The question is valid, why haven't we heard anything so far?  If this is a community owned team then why are they hiding these "interviews".

I'm not saying they're putting the wrong guys in place, I just want to know why all the secrecy?  Something just seems not kosher with how this is going on.  Dunno, just a gut feeling.  Especially if all the rumors are true.  Too many rookie's in charge.

As a side joke, why do we keep inheriting Hamilton's cast offs as if it's a good thing?  Creehan, Boltus...I mean come on...it's HAMILTON!   ;)

well, McManus is not a cast-off

Clearly the press are speculatng, that's part of the job.   It's also clear that Miller has be interviewing several candidates for the jobs, which is why all these different names keep popping up.   An interview isn't a formally arranged meeting with the press invited to sit in.  It's often an informal lunch, or a meeting in a hotel room.   There is lots of that going on this week for sure. 

Let's also not forget that some of the names being tossed around are involved in a big game this week, while others were still involved up until last Sunday.   It isn't hard to imagine a potential candidate saying, "I'll talk to you after the season is over".  To be honest, I wouldn't be impressed with anyone who said otherwise.

I personally happen to think that Walters is an excellent candidate for GM, but I also know that other viable candidates should be interviewed.  Given that we have only had 3 days to discuss people from Calgary and Toronto, and it will be next week before we can realistically talk to people from Sask and Hamilton, I'm not surprised that no announcement has been made.  I'm prepared to just chill until the end of the month.

It may also be that some of these meetings are "off the record".  The Riders have repeatedly said they have neither been asked nor have they granted permission for the Bombers to speak to Khari,.  But do we really believe Miller hasn't had lunch with his old buddy?  if you admit it, it's tampering.  Tampering happens all the time, but that's "unofficial".

Interesting that on Hustler & Lawless last night, when they were interviewing Taman, he said that as a joke they gave Khari half his per diem per day, telling him he better get used to it, implying that the Bombers are cheaper then the Riders (no idea whether this is true or not on the per diems).  He also said that the Bombers have not asked permission to talk to Khari.

Now nothing is official, but by playing that joke, it sure sounds to me like Khari coming is a done deal, just no one will officially say anything until they are allowed.

To me, the most important thing McManus brings (apparently...) is instant credibility to an organization in dire need. I'm tired of everyone shitting on this franchise, and Danny Mac will help bring the image back to respectability. Of course, in saying that, winning solves everything in the world...including credibility.

Interesting that on Hustler & Lawless last night, when they were interviewing Taman, he said that as a joke they gave Khari half his per diem per day, telling him he better get used to it, implying that the Bombers are cheaper then the Riders (no idea whether this is true or not on the per diems).  He also said that the Bombers have not asked permission to talk to Khari.

Now nothing is official, but by playing that joke, it sure sounds to me like Khari coming is a done deal, just no one will officially say anything until they are allowed.

I heard that too this morning on 1290. Pretty funny and pretty terrible all at once. Taman also said that he fully expects to hear from the Bombers once the game is over.

I heard that too this morning on 1290. Pretty funny and pretty terrible all at once. Taman also said that he fully expects to hear from the Bombers once the game is over.

Awww, isn't Taman cute, that media darling. 

If Santa has an early Xmas present for me it's Austin out coaching the Green and Taman having another ringless Xmas. 

I can't believe people keep asking this redundant "well how can we hire coaches without a GM" question.

Obviously Walters is the GM.

So basically Walters is the GM and Miller is making all the hirings and decisions ?

I can't believe people keep asking this redundant "well how can we hire coaches without a GM" question.

So basically Walters is the GM and Miller is making all the hirings and decisions ?

no. Sure Miller's been butting in, but what makes everybody think that Walters is his whipping boy? Its pretty obvious to me that Walters has been biting back

I guess if that is what you want to read into it for no reason whatsoever, that's up to you.

Let me get this straight:

Miller is hired.

We have a process.

Khari is HC. No process. 

Worman is in. No, he's not.

Walter's in. 

Higgins has been talked to. Among others.

Walter's not in.

Mike O'Shea's name comes up.

Khari's not in.

Danny McManus's name comes up.

Khari's back in or is he?

Miller's calling everything. Maybe.

Nothing's been announced.

Everything is in place, but nothing's been done.

222645_179754845409735_5668098_n.jpg…..This week can't end soon enough.

I guess if that is what you want to read into it for no reason whatsoever, that's up to you.

Honestly mike, I'm just at the point where I'd like to know what the heck is going on.