Rumour: Danny McManus Potential Assistant GM Candidate

Jpan85

I was really hoping this site would be different but it appears that  the same cranky anti management posters have just followed. 

I think if any of these supposed hires were made by another team you'd be complaining about how the WBB's missed out on the next big thing. 

I just wish some of you just stayed on the Jets site because they apparently can do no wrong.      

What would be wrong with McManus? He's the head US scout for a team that has found some solid US talent and he's got great credibility amongst big players in CFL circles

Nothing wrong with Danny M -- he'll be fine -- the problem is towards the end of the piece where they talk about how "tight" KJ is with Miller, yadda yadda. 

Just seems so... business as usual in Bomberland.

Yeah, read that & thought the same thing. Here we go again....

What would be wrong with McManus? He's the head US scout for a team that has found some solid US talent and he's got great credibility amongst big players in CFL circles

Nothing wrong with Danny M -- he'll be fine -- the problem is towards the end of the piece where they talk about how "tight" KJ is with Miller, yadda yadda. 

Just seems so... business as usual in Bomberland.

Yeah, read that & thought the same thing. Here we go again....

Penton says one thing, Bob Irving says something different so why not wait until someone is actually hired before be concerned it's "business as usual". Might save you a few grey hairs that way. ;)

Certainly interesting. No doubt more "rumours" will surface this week. But if miller has already picked Khari why ask for permission to speak with Oshea? And if they are interviewing head coaches and miller has vowed the GM will hire the HC who the heck is the GM?

Listen, quit asking all these questions. The people making these decisions have way more experience than you so just stop thinking. Your season ticket renewal is in -- fill it out and include a 10% whining tax (cash only please). 

Certainly interesting. No doubt more "rumours" will surface this week. But if miller has already picked Khari why ask for permission to speak with Oshea? And if they are interviewing head coaches and miller has vowed the GM will hire the HC who the heck is the GM?

Listen, quit asking all these questions. The people making these decisions have way more experience than you so just stop thinking. Your season ticket renewal is in -- fill it out and include a 10% whining tax (cash only please). 

Why so angry?

I can't believe people keep asking this redundant "well how can we hire coaches without a GM" question.

Obviously Walters is the GM.

I was being facetious. My point is why doesn't miller just make that call then. Why the pretence of an exhaustive search. It's silly. And it lends itself to criticism of miller

I can't believe people keep asking this redundant "well how can we hire coaches without a GM" question.

Obviously Walters is the GM.

I was being facetious. My point is why doesn't miller just make that call then. Why the pretence of an exhaustive search. It's silly. And it lends itself to criticism of miller

Well obviously it can't happen at the moment

I get the impression that based on the comments by the ....ahem....regulars lets call them, that unless this team gets Wally Buono, Marv Levy or Pat Bowlan, that they will just ***** and complain about whoever is hired.

No, but a fricken job interview process would be nice rather than the usual (convenient) Removal Of Interim Tags process. 

And do you know for a fact no other candidates were interviewed? Do you know for a fact that Walters quite possibly may/may not have had the best interview?

Are you seriously suggesting that there's been an "secret interview process" being conducted that neither the Freep, Sun, or CJOB know about?

Just trying to get a reading of your personal level of gullibility...

No, but with your response you've proven my point in your belief that you obviously think the Freep, Sun and CJOB know every single in and out of the franchise. They don't, and if you think otherwise, I feel very sorry for you. There are many things that go on behind closed doors that the press and fans have ZERO idea about. Thinking otherwise is beyond stupid. Do they hear some things through sources? Of course they do. Do they hear everything? Certainly not - and in some cases sources have proven to be wrong as well.

Pot meet kettle when it comes to being gullible. But hey, you're entitled to have the wrong opinion, I certainly won't stop you. :)

I get the impression that based on the comments by the ....ahem....regulars lets call them, that unless this team gets Wally Buono, Marv Levy or Pat Bowlan, that they will just ***** and complain about whoever is hired.

No, but a fricken job interview process would be nice rather than the usual (convenient) Removal Of Interim Tags process. 

And do you know for a fact no other candidates were interviewed? Do you know for a fact that Walters quite possibly may/may not have had the best interview?

Are you seriously suggesting that there's been an "secret interview process" being conducted that neither the Freep, Sun, or CJOB know about?

Just trying to get a reading of your personal level of gullibility...

No, but with your response you've proven my point in your belief that you obviously think the Freep, Sun and CJOB know every single in and out of the franchise. They don't, and if you think otherwise, I feel very sorry for you. There are many things that go on behind closed doors that the press and fans have ZERO idea about. Thinking otherwise is beyond stupid. Do they hear some things through sources? Of course they do. Do they hear everything? Certainly not - and in some cases sources have proven to be wrong as well.

Pot meet kettle when it comes to being gullible. But hey, you're entitled to have the wrong opinion, I certainly won't stop you. :)

No need to feel sorry for me as I didn't say the media know every single in and out of the franchises.

So please don't twist my words and do the straw man thing. 

I said your assertion that perhaps there's been a secret, under the wire process of interviewing potential GM's is ludicrous.  

Please, back to my question: obviously they are already putting together a coaching short-list -- do you honestly believe that there's been an under the radar GM search or that basically its been Walters all along?

I think that a few people have been interviewed. That's probably where all the rumors came from. I bet all the rumored candidates who aren't art of an organization were interviewed.

The reason we haven't heard of many Head Coaching rumors is simple. All the other candidates are NOT part of the organization, and Walters IS. I think Khari is the guy Walters wants. (which is possibly the main reason Miller will hire him, because Miller probably wants Khari as well.)