2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He’s 36 ffs. If there’s one guy that prob should be replaced it’s bighill. Bryant prob shortly also. It’s not crapping on a guy because his best days are behind him. It’s fact. Coaches are here to make the tough decisions when the players refuse to. Bighill shouldn’t have played the cup game last year and if this year is starting like this it’s time to let him go. Loyalty doesn’t win championships. Playing guys who are hurt don’t win championships. This isn’t kids under 10 soccer where everyone gets a turn. It’s the pros. Bighill is a liability at his age now. 

Im still pissed at Bighill and O'Shea for him playing in the Grey Cup. He was absolutely useless on the field. Complete selfishness. Cole starts at MLB and we win our 3rd Grey Cup with this group. Hell, Gauthier starting at MLB and we likely win.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Just now, Goalie said:

He’s 36 ffs. If there’s one guy that prob should be replaced it’s bighill. Bryant prob shortly also. It’s not crapping on a guy because his best days are behind him. It’s fact. Coaches are here to make the tough decisions when the players refuse to. Bighill shouldn’t have played the cup game last year and if this year is starting like this it’s time to let him go. Loyalty doesn’t win championships. Playing guys who are hurt don’t win championships. This isn’t kids under 10 soccer where everyone gets a turn. It’s the pros. Bighill is a liability at his age now. 

Actually Bryant relies more on technique...skill and hands more than anything....and has never had a serious injury of anytype....If he doesnt blow a tire this yr, and shows no decline in play...I could see him playing in 2025....

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If we have an A+ player in his spot we probably win the last Grey Cup.

That could be said about any number of positions. Fact of the matter is that it is impossible for any team to roll out 24 A+ players in the starting lineup.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

No discussion or concern about Parker seemingly being made of glass?

DB (and WR) are the least of my concerns.  If a borderline starter like Parker is hurt, it just means one of the other 97 DB's in camp get more reps.  Now if we were talking about a guy like Nichols, well that's a different story.  I like Parker but he's not irreplaceable. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Im still pissed at Bighill and O'Shea for him playing in the Grey Cup. He was absolutely useless on the field. Complete selfishness. Cole starts at MLB and we win our 3rd Grey Cup with this group.

Bailey and Scoen were useless too, and not even paid attention to by the Al's...Demski was not far behind as well, but once the Al's saw when he got the ball he was nowhere near his game breaking self...they played off and totally focused on Lawler and BO....Just sucks that we should be attacking our 5th win in a row if not for coaching failing us

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bighill still has a lot to offer our team, it just needs to be in a different more managed way now.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

a B player who was healthy we do to

I agree. If Biggie is healthy that game we are not even talking about his Grey Cup performance. It was a bad move to play him in hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

DB (and WR) are the least of my concerns.  If a borderline starter like Parker is hurt, it just means one of the other 97 DB's in camp get more reps.  Now if we were talking about a guy like Nichols, well that's a different story.  I like Parker but he's not irreplaceable. 

94 now. Released a few.

27 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Im still pissed at Bighill and O'Shea for him playing in the Grey Cup. He was absolutely useless on the field. Complete selfishness. Cole starts at MLB and we win our 3rd Grey Cup with this group. Hell, Gauthier starting at MLB and we likely win.

Clements or Wilson yes, Cole no, he doesn't have the size, knowledge or the experience to play MLB, he said yesterday in an interview he's just a bigger DB, which is where he played throughout college.  

I thought Clements signed with the argos and was moved to the retired list. Argos known to make clerical errors tho. 

Yes Bryant was just an example of another guy getting up there in age who will have to be replaced sooner rather than later. He might play another year and I hope he does, thought he looked more off last year personally but that could have been any number of things causing that. Just an example of guys who we need to have a succession plan for. I’m a big bighill fan. He was very nice to me and my daughter at a signing a while ago and every time I’ve seen him he’s said hi. It’s just time. Injuries catch up quick on some of these guys. 36 isn’t young for a football player. 

Last thing I’ll say about biggie. 

some guys know when it’s time. 

others need to be told. 

biggie needs to be told. I’ll say this. I don’t want to see his career ended on the field getting carted off. Just like I don’t want to see Ric Flair die in a wrestling ring. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Last thing I’ll say about biggie. 

some guys know when it’s time. 

others need to be told. 

biggie needs to be told. I’ll say this. I don’t want to see his career ended on the field getting carted off. Just like I don’t want to see Ric Flair die in a wrestling ring. 

kind of like Mark Messier - in those last two years of his career he was skating around looking like he had a piano tied to his butt.  He didn't seem to get it that his days were over, and so finally it had to come to no one wanting to sign him for him to realize it was over.  Too bad.  And too bad that teams like Vancouver and New York were still enabling his delusions.

2 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Looks like Ottawa signed the cut RB Ronnie Brown

I heard that he's pretty fast.

Ronnie Brown? I've heard numerous people say that he's the quickest and most agile running back currently playing in the game!

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

I heard that he's pretty fast.

Not as fast as your response, apparently. Hahaha! I appreciate a person with equally sharp wit to I.

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Ronnie Brown? I've heard numerous people say that he's the quickest and most agile running back currently playing in the game!

Not as fast as your response, apparently. Hahaha! I appreciate a person with equally sharp wit to I.

I fear I might be getting "darned with faint praise" here....lol....jk Cotton...

Not sure why with that handle that this isn't your avatar....

200.webp

Edited by kelownabomberfan

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Bailey and Scoen were useless too, and not even paid attention to by the Al's...Demski was not far behind as well, but once the Al's saw when he got the ball he was nowhere near his game breaking self...they played off and totally focused on Lawler and BO....Just sucks that we should be attacking our 5th win in a row if not for coaching failing us

Crazy to think if Houston makes one play we still would have won. 

Edited by Colin Unger